Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Your favourite moments in Wonder Woman

This can be taken from anywhere in her history

Some favourite moments:

Her walking up the ladder from the trench.

"Don't get up" to Batman.

The first teamup with Star Blossom.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, that is the best!

Incredible Member

This is pretty incredible. Sadly one of the only full versions of her original - and best - origin. Timm's Justice League butchered it, the Jenkins movie omitted it....sigh.

The climax to the first Post Crisis story arc for a comics moment.

Incredible Member

That is definitely a great one! I really felt this one too - Vanessa dying in Diana's arms, and Themyscira toppled. Talk about a bad day!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    This is pretty incredible. Sadly one of the only full versions of her original - and best - origin. Timm's Justice League butchered it, the Jenkins movie omitted it....sigh.

Yes, and it also had some great stars in that premiere Television movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    That is definitely a great one! I really felt this one too - Vanessa dying in Diana's arms, and Themyscira toppled. Talk about a bad day!

Yeah, followup moment with Julia was nice. Though unfortunately this was also the end of Jimenez's new status quo for the island.

Her first spin/transformation in the “Wonder Woman Meets The Baroness” episode. It is the second spin in this compilation.

She had spun for the first time in the pilot movie wearing her nurse’s uniform. But the Baroness episode spin is the one that’s emblazoned on my mind—the one that’s iconic. Something about the timing of it, the accompanying theme music variation, the way Carter looked at that moment in time—her figure, that particular wig. She’s so freaking beautiful/magical/sexy!

(I can even forgive that she’s missing her bracelets.)
    Last edited by Largo161; 06-07-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, followup moment with Julia was nice. Though unfortunately this was also the end of Jimenez's new status quo for the island.
    Yes, it's a shame that Themyscira 2.0 concept didn't get more time. It had potential.

The animated Justice League series didn't get her personality right, but they did give her a few awesome battle scenes....this jailbreak tops the list. She essentially frees the League and in the process saves the world. Nice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PxSUXIurI-8

From Wonder Woman, Vol.2, ♯188.

Spectacular Member

There's a moment in the TV episode "The Pied Piper" (Season 2, Episode 6) where the villain's henchman asks Diana, "Are you the real Wonder Woman?" And she looks him dead in the eye and says, "Don't make me prove it." I freaking love that! It's both and warning and a plea for him not to make her use force. It's takes about two seconds, but it's probably my favorite moment out of all the comics, cartoons, tv shows and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Her first spin/transformation in the “Wonder Woman Meets The Baroness” episode. It is the second spin in this compilation.

She had spun for the first time in the pilot movie wearing her nurse’s uniform. But the Baroness episode spin is the one that’s emblazoned on my mind—the one that’s iconic. Something about the timing of it, the accompanying theme music variation, the way Carter looked at that moment in time—her figure, that particular wig. She’s so freaking beautiful/magical/sexy!

(I can even forgive that she’s missing her bracelets.)
    That was great!

The funny thing is ...that when asked why she always touched her belt and/or lasso, Lynda Carter never realized that she did that for almost the entire first year. But she did, as if "checking" to make sure that her transformation actually worked, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

From Wonder Woman, Vol.2, ♯188.
    that was great.

The ending to the first Deva story was also like that. Devastation feels she has to do as the Titans command because they're her creators and every thing that went into making her was "evil". So WW uses temporal shenanigans to add a small sample of her own blood to the mystical formula that became Deva. After which WW tells her she has BOTH good AND evil in her nature now, thus she has the ability to choose... ahahahahaa...
    Last edited by marhawkman; 06-09-2020 at 12:01 AM.