Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Before anyone gets too excited, just remember Marvel tried to do it's own thing once before and it didn't work.

Not to say I want this to not work for DC. I'd love more than anything for this to work. Just don't think this is some giant end to Diamond's stranglehold until we see how this actually plays out.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

So anyone want to go through all the positives and negatives of this big move?

BANNED

Well, if Diamond was having cash flow problems before, the company won't last without DC.

I worked in a comic shop for years and know a few comic shop owners and everyone hated Diamond so

https://images.app.goo.gl/af2aa43dGLfHbKg7A

Mighty Member

So what does this mean

What is in the water at DC?! They are straight up about to take the matrix of leadership from Marvel lol. Next thing you know they will get rid of Bendis on Superman.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    What is in the water at DC?! They are straight up about to take the matrix of leadership from Marvel lol. Next thing you know they will get rid of Bendis on Superman.
    I can actually see that happening, since it was likely DiDio who put Bendis there and DiDio is gone. Furthermore, aside from Naomi, Bendis' tenure at DC is kind of tanking, both critically and commercially. It's at least safe to say he's not living up to expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I can actually see that happening, since it was likely DiDio who put Bendis there and DiDio is gone. Furthermore, aside from Naomi, Bendis' tenure at DC is kind of tanking, both critically and commercially. It's at least safe to say he's not living up to expectations.
    How so? Are his sales not strong?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    So what does this mean
    It probably means that we will wildly speculate at each other for a period of time until we see how DC's deal with these new distributors is structured, and how well it works.

So what does this mean
    For the average customer, truly nothing. New comic day might get shifted a bit. DC comics and other comics would arrive through different means.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Except Marvel. They bought out Heroes World, only to go bankrupt a couple of years later and go in with Diamond. That's what finished Capital off.
    Oh yes, I forgot about them.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    How so? Are his sales not strong?
    Not particularly. I think Young Justice is in the toilet and his Superman isn't really doing any better than it was before him whe Tomasi and Jurgens were doing it. I don't know how Legion is doing, but if I had to take a wild guess, I would say not great.

Astonishing Member

So what does this mean
    Well first all the stors who dont want to do extra work to get DC's comics are going to loose customers(hopefully that jack ass who said people who by tpb or digital aren't real fans is among them), diamonds monopoly ends, mid town comics goes up in value, comics now come out Tuesday and Wednesday, and dimond is forced to update its business modle allowing comics to appear in more places bring us closer to manga lever of ease of access, and finally we the consumer wins.......or it's like marvels hero comics in the 80 and they break the industry

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

The comic shop I go to seems pretty worried that this will have a huge impact on them. I hope it doesn't.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!