Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Diamond raising shipping cost and comics shops are not happy with them.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...eopens-1301472
    Thats not what the link says at all

My lcs seems to be OK, they said they have their information for ordering DC. Sucks becuase right now there is no offical place for the subs to see the solicits for them. I had to go online and search it out and just send my shop a list of what I wanted. Hopefully they can get into Pullbox at least (that is what I use, not Previews printed).

I still think DC is just trying to get a better deal from Diamond, and have no intent on doing this long term.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

In April, DC informed retailers that Lunar Distribution (Discount Comic Book Service) and UCS Comic Distributors (Midtown Comics) would be distributing its new print titles following severing ties with Diamond Comic Distributors. Now, DC has made the decision to distribute solely through Lunar.

According to an email sent from DC to direct market retailers, the shift will go into full effect Jan. 1, 2021. Furthermore, the publisher has set a weekly order minimum of $125 (or $500/month) based on cover prices. In a separate email, UCS confirmed it's not closing and that it "will be offering other exciting items that stores can use!"
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-lunar-distribution/

An interesting comment reply to Bleeding Cool's article about that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Really
    How is this bad? Midtown was abusing their distribution privileges. My shop wasn’t receiving all their incentive covers from them, while midtown held on to them and marked them to ridiculous prices.
    If that's true, no wonder DC ditched UCS.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

If that is the case that would explain the last sell they had of 60% off all indies and 40% off variants.

Saved about $30.

I didn't really expect DC to keep working with both companies anyway. Always struck me as a short-term situation where one distributor or the other would end up taking all of DC's orders.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

No surprise DCBS took over, though ever since the pandemic they've really slowed down on orders what with the extra procedures and becoming DC's distributor. I really hope they hire more people. They/Instocktrades (which I believe is the same company) are outstanding for getting cheap collected editions.

I'm curious how this hits my LCS, though. I'll have to ask them. $125 a week for just DC may end up sitting them with lots of overstock or an unholy glut of Batman.

I understand that's cover price. So $125 would probably be no more than 30 total comics.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    No surprise DCBS took over, though ever since the pandemic they've really slowed down on orders what with the extra procedures and becoming DC's distributor. I really hope they hire more people. They/Instocktrades (which I believe is the same company) are outstanding for getting cheap collected editions.

I'm curious how this hits my LCS, though. I'll have to ask them. $125 a week for just DC may end up sitting them with lots of overstock or an unholy glut of Batman.
    That's not a lot of books at all, they're probably spending atleast that much already

Yes, it has.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

So as a retailer you could have had 3 distributors in a year for DC if youd gone diamond, midtown, then dcbs.

Announced a dual distro - east coast and west coast and either for international

Then announced they were cutting their line

Then announced they were looking at international expansion.

Then had to have it explained to them that no one could afford to use their new distro for overseas.

Then had to go back to diamond for international orders temporarily.

Then announced they were breaking ties with midtown.

A monumental f up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

UCS ditched DC.

To be fair, your article about that hadn't appeared yet when I posted that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    UCS ditched DC.

Rich, can you post a link to a BC article about this? The only place I find talk about UCS ditching DC is in the comment section.

Speaking of the Bleeding Cool comment section, would it be too much trouble to ask you to remove the anti-Semitic comments that user Jay Kay has posted in the "Black Editorial Staff Speak Out About DC Comics, Across Two Decades" article? You've allowed them to remain on your site for 18 hours as of this writing. That's enough.