Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Most successful Marvel Canon Immigrant

Everyone knows about DC’s Harley Quinn, who started out in Batman: The Animated Series, then became a comic book character and proceeded to conquer the world w. multiple ongoing titles and limited series, appearances in video games, live action TV and movie portrayals.

But who is Marvel’s success story (or stories), and how successful has he or she (they) been?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The closest I can think of in Marvel is X-23, who started off as a character in X-Men: Evolution, was quickly introduced into the X-Men comics, and has since gone on to star and feature in multiple series, ongoing and limited, as well as feature in the next X-Men animated series (Wolverine & the X-Men), become a playable character in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and finally make her movie debut in Logan, the swan song for Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

X-23. She's also probably the most well-known and popular young X-Men character created after the end of the 90s.

Before that, Firestar was done on the TV show and then migrated over to comics when Busiek used her on the Avengers. (If memory serves me right.)
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Spectacular Member

J.a.r.v.i.s. Ai

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Before that, Firestar was done on the TV show and then migrated over to comics when Busiek used her on the Avengers. (If memory serves me right.)
    Yes firestar was created for the amazing friends on TV. Then she was introduced in X-Men , later joined the new warriors, Avengers and another team (I can't remember their name though), back to X-Men and then back to New warriors again!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think X-23 is the clear winner. Firestar is probably the next best choice. I would put Phil Coulson on the list. He's been a fun addition overall.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Yes firestar was created for the amazing friends on TV. Then she was introduced in X-Men , later joined the new warriors, Avengers and another team (I can't remember their name though), back to X-Men and then back to New warriors again!
    Young Allies.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...in_other_media

If that is the entire list, it has been a short discussion lol.

edit: I did not watch X-Men Evolutions, was X-23 as popular on that as she became in the comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxton View Post
    J.a.r.v.i.s. Ai
    He was only in the comics for, like, five seconds with Rescue before the AI went evil. I think a better example would be FRIDAY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think X-23 is the clear winner. Firestar is probably the next best choice. I would put Phil Coulson on the list. He's been a fun addition overall.
    I think people like Clark Gregg's Coulson but I don't think the transition to the comics has been 100% successful.

Thanks for all the answers, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Young Allies.
    I don't know if this would be considered an official team,
    but Firestar was also a member of Marvel Divas (while at the same time, becoming a member of Young Allies):

That is right, I did forget all of her earlier stuff like New Warriors. I simply remembered the article where Busiek promised something and it turned out to be Firestar.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

And if we talk about canon immigrants within comics (characters created in an alternate universe and then transplanted to the main one), Miles Morales wins hands down. The Eternals, however, are the first who will have a live-action film; we have yet to see how successful it is. The Guardians of the Galaxy are an odd case: the first team is from an alternate future, but the second (the one the films are based on) is already in Marvel's cosmic setting and has no direct relation with the original except the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    And if we talk about canon immigrants within comics (characters created in an alternate universe and then transplanted to the main one),
    No, def. wasn’t asking about that.