Default The Addams Family vs What We Do In the Shadows

Nineties movies Addams Family vs the main vampires from the "What We Do In The Shadow" tv show.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 06-05-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Movie or show shadows? Man that is a great movie.

Television show

Dunno if they can do anything to Fester.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Dunno if they can do anything to Fester.
    Due to his durability? I imagine hypnosis might be worth a shot. Fester has lost his sense of self to amnesia and reprogramming, so mental influence seems possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Due to his durability? I imagine hypnosis might be worth a shot. Fester has lost his sense of self to amnesia and reprogramming, so mental influence seems possible.
    That'd be their only shot. Though they might be able to 10-count him?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Movie or show shadows? Man that is a great movie.
    Yeah it was.

Haven't seen the show yet.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yeah it was.

Haven't seen the show yet.
    The show is fantastic, and a worthy successor to the movie.

Back to the fight, the vampires clearly have more powers (including superspeed and some degree of superstrength), but Fester's durability is an issue, no doubt. Plus he and Gomez are expert fencers. There's a decent chance that Lurch himself also has considerable physical stats.

I would like to posit, though, that Fester and Gomez, like anyone else, can suffer from bouts of boredom and despair. That means they're also vulnerable to regular Colin Robinson (I'm assuming that Super Colin Robinson and the C-Men are not in this fight).

(Also, Colin Robinson is one of the main vampires, dammit. He's in the main cast! Just because he's the roommate nobody likes doesn't mean he should be excluded!)

Of course, if the vampires start to lose, they may have to retreat and call in a big gun -- like Jackie Daytona of ARRRRIZONIA
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-06-2020 at 02:42 AM.

Plus he and Gomez are expert fencers. There's a decent chance that Lurch himself also has considerable physical stats.
    I'd say Gomez seems to have some degree of super strength and speed, even if it's at a low level.

When dancing he was able to spin Morticia across the room so fast that the floor caught fire and was already there waiting for her on the other side of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'd say Gomez seems to have some degree of super strength and speed, even if it's at a low level.

When dancing he was able to spin Morticia across the room so fast that the floor caught fire and was already there waiting for her on the other side of the room.
    This is very true.

Also, Pubert is a powerhouse for someone his age.

I'll also add the vampires' own aversion and fears to witchcraft (though occasionally they do dabble), because Grandmama is a practitioner and her main contribution to the family.

Wednesday is also an unsettling, strategic genius of a psychopath.

To me this is shaping up to be like the White Martians vs. the Justice League -- one side has mostly uniform powers but those powers are considerably strong, whereas the other side may be weaker but has greater variety of power and skillset to employ.

It doesn't seem like the Adamses really have anything for dealing with the hypnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It doesn't seem like the Adamses really have anything for dealing with the hypnosis.
    Maybe they can trick Lazlo into a supernaturally seductive tango?

(I'm kidding. Or am I? I don't even know anymore.)

Though I do imagine that Lazlo and Nandor (sloppily) combining their hypnosis powers on Fester may screw up his brain yet again.