Incredible Member

Default Jinn & Tonnek: an idea for a new comic!

PAGE 1

Full-page panel. Interior shot of a bank. There are (at least) three masked bank robbers wielding pistols (they probably can't afford submachine guns, which would explain why they're doing this). Their masks cover everything but their eyes. One, the tallest and most athletic-looking, is the leader. The other two are kind of chunky, but no less dangerous-looking. Robber #2 is wearing a green jacket and pointing his gun at a bank teller; Robber #3 has a purple jacket and is pointing off-panel.

LEADER: Everyone freeze! This is a holdup!

ROBBER #2: Hand over all you got! Now!

ROBBER #3: Everybody over in the corner! Get out your valuables!

PAGE 2

(Panels 1 through 3 are panels-within-a-panel, technically insets in the main "splash" page.)

Panel 1: Robber #3 is pointing at Our Hero, John "Johnny" Tonnek. Johnny is an athletic-looking young man of Native American (and possibly other) descent, which explains the family name. Like most people in the bank, Johnny's wearing a jacket; presumably, it's the weather outside. Johnny isn't intimidated at all; he just looks annoyed all the crap that's going down.

ROBBER #3: You! Over there with the other hostages! Now!

JOHNNY: (sigh) All right.

Panel 2: Johnny (still looking apathetically exasperated) is sitting obediently, taking a cigarette and a lighter out of his jacket. He's glaring at the leader of the holdup men.

JOHNNY: Mind if I smoke?

LEADER: No skin off my nose. Right now, cancer's the last thing you're in danger of dying from.

Panel 3: Close-up on Johnny. He's got the cigarette in his mouth and he's flicked on the lighter. But he isn't lighting the cigarette; he's just looking at the flame. There's a look of determination on his face.

JOHNNY: Thanks.

JOHNNY: You know...I wish you'd point those guns somewhere else.

Panel 4: The big reveal. Johnny and the leader are staring up at Jenni, Our Other Hero. Jenni roars out of the lighter like a flamethrower blast. She's a hottie, both literally and figuratively: a fireball in the shape of an extremely beautiful woman, with a movie star face (currently scowling with anger), full firm breasts, martial artist arms, and the legs and hourglass waist of a belly dancer. (Well, she is a genie; I felt I owed it to conform to the stereotype somehow!) Her costume, however, looks more like something out of the Tronmovies: a skintight bodysuit over her voluptuous figure, with glowing fiery highlights.

TITLE: JINN AND TONNEK (or, "The Adventures of Jenni and Johnny")

CREDIT LINE: writer - Timothy Shanahan penciller/inker/letter/colorist/etc. - (your names here)

LEADER: I'll point this thing wherever I what the --

JENNI: He's talking to me, creep --

PAGE 3

Panel 1: Medium shot/close-up on Jenni. Her eyes literally blaze with wrath as she gestures, and a ray like a lightning bolt on fire shoots from her hand...

JENNI: -- and what he says, GOES!

Panel 2: ...striking the bank robbers' guns, causing their barrels to twist upward as the gunmen stare in horror and disbelief.

LEADER: Our guns --

ROBBER #2: What the hell --

ROBBER #3: What's going on?!

Panel 3: Johnny gets to his feet, putting the cigarette lighter back in his jacket. For the first time, he's smiling, and so is Jenni.

JOHNNY: Thanks, babe.

JENNI: Anytime, stud.

Panel 4: Johnny, scowling again, has grabbed Robbers #2 and #3, and slammed their heads together.

SFX: KONKK

Panel 5: Johnny high-kicks the Leader in the head, stunning him.

LEADER: UNNH!

Panel 6: Johnny raises his hands before the amazed onlookers. The cigarette lighter is in his left hand now. Jenni flows back into the lighter.

JOHNNY: Show's over, folks. Everything's cool now.

CAPTION (Johnny's voice): My name is Jonathan "Johnny" Tonnek. I'm twenty-two years old.

CAPTION: And my life's already a mess.

PAGE 4

Panel 1: Beginning of flashback sequence. Johnny is dressed in soldier's fatigues and armor and wielding an assault rifle as he leans against a desert dune. In the background behind him is what looks like the excavation of an Egyptian tomb.

CAPTION: A couple of years ago, I'd joined the army. I was working my way through college.

Panel 2: Jenni appears as she was then. She's an attractive redhead, despite not being as well-developed as her "geniefied" state. She's dressed in sensible archaeologist's gear. Standing near her is an old college professor-type, Prof. Stanford. They're standing over a table with an old oil lamp with strange writing on it.

CAPTION: By coincidence, my girlfriend, Jennifer "Jenni" Maxwell, was there too, for pretty much the same reason. My unit was assigned to guard her archaeological dig.

JENNI: What do you make of it, Professor Stanford?

PROF. STANFORD: It's some weird Aramaic transcription. If I remember right, it roughly translates as...

Panel 3: Extreme-ish close-up. We see the Professor's eye in the background, the lamp and the Professor's fingers holding it in the foreground.

PROF. STANFORD: "In here lies the Spirit-of-Fire, He-Who-Makes-And-Unmakes. He is bound within to serve Man, and to make no mischief upon him. Beware in awakening..."

PROF. STANFORD: It's hard to make out the rest...

Panel 4: Medium shot. Jenni is talking to the Professor. The Professor looks kind of distracted by his discovery.

JENNI: Sounds like the old myths about jinns...

PROF. STANFORD: Yes, hmmm...let's have a look inside.

Panel 5: Jenni lifts the lid.

CAPTION: Now, you've read this story a million times, right? This is the part where they accidentally rub the lamp and the genie comes out.

CAPTION: Only it's more like they opened the lamp.

PAGE 5

Panel 1: Big panel of the Jinn Al-Ghol emerging from the lamp in a rush of flame, surprising everyone, including the soldiers standing guard. He has a satanic-looking face and is male. He's also naked, although no genitals are visible.

CAPTION: Not that it makes a diff.

EVERYONE: (ad-lib) What the/No way in hell/Holy/Incoming/What is that thing/Get down etc.

AL-GHOL: SILENCE!!*

AL-GHOL: Which one of you pathetic worms dares release Al-Ghol from his confinement?*

CAPTION: *Translated from Arabic

Panel 2: Worm's-eye view of Al-Ghol glaring down at Jenni and the reader.

JENNI: Uhm...I did.

AL-GHOL: So it is you to whom I am enslaved, eh?

Panel 3: Close-up on Jenni. She's doing an admirable job of summoning her courage in such a "WTF?" situation.

JENNI: Yeah...yeah, that's right! I'm calling the shots here!

JENNI: And...and I want you back in the lamp!

Panel 4: Medium shot. Johnny and the Professor watch as Jenni holds the lamp. A rush of flame re-enters the lamp.

AL-GHOL: As you command.

PAGE 6

Panel 1: Establishing shot. A tent in the desert.

Panel 2: Jenni, the Professor, and Johnny are standing near a table with the lamp on it.

JENNI: But think of what it could mean for science!

PROF. STANFORD: I'm not so sure it would be wise...

JOHNNY: Yeah, aren't genies usually screwing over their so-called "masters"?

Panel 3: Close-up on Jenni, looking determined. She's holding the lamp, lifting its lid. Fire starts to trickle out.

JENNI: Someone's gotta take the risk.

Panel 4: Al-Ghol hovers before Jenni as Prof. Stanford and Johnny watch warily.

AL-GHOL: Why am I summoned, master?

JENNI: I want to know all about jinns, or whatever you are.

Panel 5: A close-up on Al-Ghol, smiling wickedly. A fiery ray emanates from his hand.

AL-GHOL: Indeed? Well...

Panel 6: Jagged panel. Jenny is hit by the ray and is atomized.

AL-GHOL: (continuing from the last panel) ...experience is the best teacher!

Panel 7: Jagged panel. Close-up on Johnny's horrified expression.

JOHNNY: JENNI!!

Incredible Member

PAGE 7

Panel 1: Johnny goes berserk. He's firing his rifle.

JOHNNY: Die, you lousy scumbag!

Panel 2: The bullets pass through Al-Ghol's fiery substance without his even acknowledging their existence. Instead he simply conjures up a lamp, creating it out of what look like miniature stars...

Panel 3: ...and gestures. The flaming plasma that was Jenni is sucked into the newly created lamp Al-Ghol holds.

Panel 4: Worm's-eye view, shot from behind Johnny and the Professor as they (and we) look upward at Al-Ghol.

JOHNNY: Let her go, creep!

AL-GHOL: Actually...

Panel 5: Al-Ghol's hand holds the lamp before a surprised, reluctant Johnny.

Al-GHOL: ...that's your job, now. A jinn may not command another.

Panel 6: Scowling angrily, Johnny rudely snatches the lamp from Al-Ghol's hand.

CAPTION: You can't say I didn't warn her.

Panel 7: Johnny angrily storms out of the tent. The Professor and Al-Ghol are visible behind him.

JOHNNY: If I were you, Prof, I'd re-bury Al's lamp.

JOHNNY: And Al? I hope you burn in hell for this.

Panel 8: Al-Ghol crosses his arms impassively, as if he couldn't care less. The Professor scowls up at him angrily.

AL-GHOL: I burn wherever I please.

PAGE 8

Panel 1: Panel of what seems to be a star floating in black space. The "star" has Jenni's (post-genie) eyes, however (shades of Barbara Eden's bottle).

CAPTION: Here's what Jenni told me later...

JENNI: (thought balloon) Wh...where am I?!

Panel 2: The "star" filaments out like a plasma lamp, trying to "feel" its world. The eyes are shut in concentration.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Got to make sense of my new environment...

JENNI: (ditto) What's this?

Panel 3: Jenni's eyes have an intrigued look. One of the filaments is playing over Aramaic writing, making it visible.

JENNI: (thought balloon) It's more of that Aramaic writing! Wish I understood Aramaic...

Panel 4: Smilar look in Jenni's eyes. This time a filament plays over Arabic writing.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Hm! Now a language I understand! How "kind" of Al-Ghol to leave something for the next servant of this lamp!

Panel 5: Jenni has a studious look on her "face" as she reads, a filament illuminating the next phrase of Arabic.

JENNI: (thought balloon) "A jinn has power over the four elements: fire, air, water and earth. Since a jinn's natural form is of fire, it is the easiest to control."

JENNI: (ditto) Hmm...might it be referring to plasma, gases, liquids and solids, the four states of matter?

Panel 6: Jenni continues to study a different piece of text.

JENNI: (thought balloon) "No single jinn is God of the universe -- especially not those who were once mortal. Thus, you who read this are tasked to obey mortals, and not to harm them."

PAGE 9

Panel 1: Jenni has a thoughtful look on her "face".

JENNI: (thought balloon) Hmmm...if a jinn can control all states of matter, then maybe the whole "slavish obedience" thing must be to prevent them from getting God-complexes.

JENNI: (ditto) I wonder if there's some kind of post-hypnotic suggestion or mystical compulsion at work?

Panel 2: Jenni's eyes look rather peeved.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Well, it sure as hell didn't keep Al-Ghol from doing this to me! Although...maybe he didn't think it counted as "harming" anyone.

Panel 3: Medium shot of Johnny in his tent. He's looking down at Jenni's lamp.

CAPTION: Meanwhile, back in the outside world...

JOHNNY: (thought balloon) I gotta take this chance...

Panel 4: Bird's eye view. Jenni shooting out of the lamp, head first, forming her body out of fire. Johnny looks astounded.

JENNI: Hey, Johnny...or am I supposed to call you "master" now?

JOHNNY: Jenni!

Panel 5: Medium shot of Johnny staring at the new Jenni. Both look embarrassed. She's seemingly naked, but either her naughty parts are invisible or she's strategically got her hands over those parts.

JOHNNY: Whoa...looks like you forgot clothes.

JENNI: Oops, sorry. You want I should whip up a harem costume or...

Panel 6: Medium shot of Johnny looking thoughtful.

JOHNNY: Not unless it's an intimate moment. And as for calling me "master", I actually never liked that part.

JOHNNY: I dunno...I guess it's how I'm brought up, or my liberal leanings or something.

JOHNNY: I got an idea, though...

PAGE 10

Panel 1: The Professor bursts into Johnny's tent.

PROF. STANFORD: Johnny! I...oh, I see you've already got her out.

PROF. STANFORD: Look, now that I've calmed down, it's obvious! All we have to do is command Al-Ghol to turn Jenni back into a human!

Panel 2: Medium-close shot of Jenni looking serious, holding her hand up like a crossing guard.

JENNI: Hold that thought, Professor.

JENNI: The things I said when I was human still stand.

Panel 3: Jenni's POV. Johnny, the Professor, their surroundings, etc. look like they're made of colored sand.

JENNI: (off-panel) I can control matter and energy now. Think what that means.

JENNI: With my powers, human society, back in America and elsewhere, will no longer have to depend on oil.

Panel 4: Jenni looks down at Johnny with a smirk. Johnny's looking thoughtful.

JENNI: And that, handsome, means you and your teammates can pull out of this place early.

JOHNNY: It's a tempting thought...but don't you miss being human?

Panel 5: Jenni crosses her arms defiantly. Johnny's squeezing the bridge of his nose like he's getting a migraine.

JENNI: Well, I suppose I should...but we've got an opportunity to save the world. I'm notwasting that.

JOHNNY: Jesus, Jenni...

Panel 6: Wide shot. Prof. Stanford is foremost, and Jenni and Johnny are turning to face him.

PROF. STANFORD: How about this? Jenni stays like that for a week, and if being a jinn turns out to be more trouble than it's worth, she goes back to normal.

JENNI: Fine by me.

JOHNNY: Better than nothing.

PAGE 11

Panel 1: Johnny is sitting in a bedroom, looking thoughtful and holding Jenni's lamp. Jenni is standing before him with a patient expression.

CAPTION: So I got permission to go back home to America. I didn't mention what happened to Jenni because the world isn't ready to believe in what she can do...yet.

JOHNNY: It's time for that thing I was talking about.

Panel 2: Close up on Johnny. He's almost smiling.

JOHNNY: Could you dress a little more, I dunno...like a comic book superhero?

Panel 3: Jenni's "superhero" costume (the TRON-looking outfit from earlier in the story) materializes around her body, now looking sleek and voluptuous. Johnny is grinning ear-to-ear and holding forth the lamp.

JENNI: How's this? I even improved my figure to look "larger than life."

JOHNNY: Amazing! Also, can you disguise this to resemble a cigarette lighter? I need something that won't look conspicuous.

Panel 4: A blast of mystic energy transmutes the lamp into the cigarette lighter from earlier in the story. as Johnny smiles.

JENNI: (off-panel) Sure! It'll still be my "home" on the inside, of course.

JOHNNY: Fine by me! Now we need to start working on the P.R.*

CAPTION: *Public Relations

Panel 5: Art shift indicating end of flashback. We're back in the bank, and Johnny's leaving. In the background, the police have finally arrived, arresting robbers and questioning the witnesses.

CAPTION: (Johnny's voice) Not a bad start so far.

PAGE 12

Panel 1: Jenni (now in normal form) is walking through the halls of her college. She's wearing her bookbag, going about her usual business.

CAPTION: (Jenni's voice) It's my turn to tell the story now, Johnny.

CAPTION: Being a "superhero", I needed a secret identity. So, Johnny wished that, "for the time being, you go back to living your life as if everything was normal."

Panel 2: The "popular girl", Sadie, has just showed up, bitchy expression and all.

CAPTION: I think he should've rephrased that.

SADIE: Hey, Jenni -- I hear you got back from Egypt. What'd you bring back as a souvenir -- sand?

CAPTION: That's Sadie, the school creep. Why people like her are the "popular girls", I'll never understand.

Panel 3: Jenni walks past Sadie, ignoring her. Sadie's looking at her in angry disbelief.

CAPTION: I would've made my usual snarky riposte, but I now had more important things to worry about -- like my physics class.

SADIE: Hey! You can't just brush me off like that! Notice me!

Panel 4: Sadie maneuvers herself in front of the door to Jenni's physics classroom.

SADIE: Oh, no, you don't! You're going to have to go through me! And I'd like to see you try!

Panel 5: And Jenni does just that, phasing ghost-like through a freaked-out Sadie.

SADIE: ...Huh?

CAPTION: Fortunately or not, "normal" now involves granting wishes.

PAGE 13

Panel 1: Jenni enters her physics classroom by opening the door. Mr. Simmons and some other students are there already.

MR. SIMMONS: Ah, Jennifer! Glad you're back.

Panel 2: Mr. Simmons is standing in front of the blackboard.

MR. SIMMONS: Now we were talking yesterday about how significant advances in new technologies arise from theoretical breakthroughs. For example, advances in the understanding of electromagnetism led directly to the creation of new products that have dramatically altered our society, like...

Panel 3: Jenni has her hand raised.

JENNI: As a matter of fact, Mr. Simmons, I'd like to demonstrate that.

MR. SIMMONS: (off-panel) Go right ahead.

Panel 4: Fiery physics calculations float by on a psychedelic background while Jenny holds her arm out, moving at super-speed as she writes on the off-panel blackboard.

JENNI: ...and when you subdivide Planck's constant by the square root of pi, the cosine wave...

JENNI: ...and with this handy formulation/For easy cosmic transportation/You can reach your destination/Without needing a waystation!

CAPTION: (Jenni's voice) What can I say? I felt inspired.

Incredible Member

PAGE 14

Panel 1: Wide angle shot. Jenni is standing by the chalkboard, blowing the flame out on the burning chalk. On the blackboard is a mathematical physics equation so intricate it borders on art. Mr. Simmons is staring agog at it.

JENNI: (SFX, blowing on chalk) FFFH

MR. SIMMONS: My god...if I'm reading this calculation right, you've discovered a form of spacetime travel, using an undiscovered fuel source!

Panel 2: Jenni is walking back to her seat. Mr. Simmons is trying to get her attention.

MR. SIMMONS: Wait! How did you discover all this?

JENNI: I'll tell you later.

Panel 3: Sadie is at her desk, scowling.

SADIE: (thought balloon) Something fishy is going on here...

Panel 4: Cut to later in Johnny's apartment. Johnny is staring disbelievingly at a smugly smirking Jenni.

JOHNNY: How could you?

JENNI: Do you mean "How could I risk giving away my secret," or "How could I use my magic if you didn't wish for it?"

JOHNNY: Both, I guess.

Panel 5: Jenni is alone in the panel, counting off the answers on her fingers.

JENNI: One, you didn't specifically say I had to live as if I was human --

JENNI: -- and two, apparently, "normal" to a jinn means "as if I wasn't bound to the lamp."

Panel 6: Jenni is smirking at Johnny again. Johnny's turning on the TV.

JENNI: Anyway, we're going to have to reveal my condition sooner or later.

JOHNNY: You're right. Let me see if I can find something --

Panel 7: The TV screen is showing a news broadcast of a hurricane. Johnny's grinning face is reflected on the screen's glass.

TV ANNOUNCER'S VOICE: A Category Five hurricane has entered the coast of Waikiki. Casualties are expected to be in the thousands, and property damage is predicted to be in the hundreds of millions --

JOHNNY: Bingo.

JOHNNY: Okay, I'm going to try to be as exact as possible --

PAGE 15

Panel 1: Jenni has switched to her "genie/superhero mode" is rocketing through the skies toward the hurricane, a determined expression on her face.

CAPTION: (Johnny's voice) -- I want you to fly to Waikiki and stop that hurricane, with as little damage to life and property as possible.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Okay, let's see what I remember about hurricanes: They're tropical cyclones --

Panel 2: Jenni is flying towards Waikiki (visible in background). The "tornado" of the hurricane is visible.

JENNI: (thought balloon) -- caused by low atmospheric pressure over warm ocean water. This air is cold in nature compared to that of its surrounding environment.

Panel 3: Cut to the beach. Many people are fleeing from the hurricane. It's starting to blow, knocking back beach umbrellas (without uprooting them yet).

Panel 4: Wide shot. Jenni's blazing form is visible through the dark skies as she races toward the hurricane. A surfer points at her.

SURFER: Wait! Look! What's that?

PAGE 16

Panel 1: Jenni has entered the "eye" of the hurricane, the whirling winds and water visible around her.

JENNI: (thought balloon) The best way to handle this --

Panel 2: Jenni's flame flares up brightly.

JENNI: (thought balloon) -- is to heat things up!

Panel 3: The hurricane dramatically explodes!

SFX: CHOOMMM

Panel 4: The water that had been part of the hurricane falls back into the ocean. Jenni floats in the sky.

Panel 5: Bird's-eye view. Jenni floats in the sky as the crowds below her stare in awe, wonder, and mostly just confusion.

CROWD: (ad-lib) My God/What's that/She saved us/Who is she/She's gorgeous/I can't believe it/It's a miracle/Is she an angel/etc.

Panel 6: Close-up on Jenni's smiling face as she calls out to them.

JENNI: No need to fear! The worst is over!

JENNI: The name's Jenni!

Panel 7: Jenni flies away. A few cell phone cameras capture her image as she flies off.

PAGE 17

Panel 1: Jenni flies back to Johnny's apartment through the window. There's a smile on her face as she salutes. Johnny's face retains a businesslike expression.

JENNI: Mission accomplished, sir!

JOHNNY: Good. Now, let's just sit back and wait...

Panel 2: Establishing shot of Maxwell Enterprises corporate HQ (the logo should be visible on the side).

Panel 3: Shot from behind. Mr. Arthur Maxwell, CEO, is in his office watching a plasma screen HDTV. A news clip is showing.

REPORTER: ...and there is still no explanation for the phenomenon that occurred that caused the dispersal of the hurricane over Waikiki Beach earlier today.

Panel 4: Close-up of the TV screen, showing a blurred-out Jenni.

ANNOUNCER: However, this footage, compiled from multiple cell phone cameras, shows a person inside this phenomenon...

Panel 5: The blur is edited, showing Jenni's features quite clearly.

ANNOUNCER: ...and with our computers editing the distortion, we can clearly make out what appears to be a human face.

Panel 6: Close-up on Arthur Maxwell. He looks like a stereotypical corrupt corporate executive, and he's scowling.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: Hmmm...this could be trouble.

PAGE 18

Panel 1: Establishing shot. A mansion.

CAPTION: The home of Prof. Stanford.

Panel 2: Prof. Stanford's in his study, watching the broadcast on a big-screen TV. Al-Ghol's lamp is on the Prof.'s desk.

PROF. STANFORD: Well, it's begun.

PROF. STANFORD: A whole week of that.

PROF. STANFORD: I just hope Jennifer knows what she's doing.

Panel 3: Prof. Stanford glares down at Al-Ghol's lamp.

PROF. STANFORD: For your sake.

PROF. STANFORD: Or I'll make her switch back, and then throw you in the ocean.

Panel 4: Suddenly, he turns to the door (background element), hearing a...

SFX: (coming from door) KNOK KNOK KNOK

VOICE: Daddy? Can I come in?

PROF. STANFORD: Come in, pumpkin.

Panel 5: Sadie enters the room, looking animated. Her father is visible in the background.

SADIE: Daddy! Did you see the news?

PROF. STANFORD: Yes, it's very interesting...

Panel 6: Sadie sees the lamp. Prof. Stanford lifts it up before she can grab it.

SADIE: Hey, is that a...

PROF. STANFORD: Just an oil lamp I found in Egypt, honey.

Panel 7: CU on Sadie, looking intense. She's remembering (in a thought balloon) Jenni's phasing through her in response to her "go through me" taunt.

SADIE: ...Whatever you say, Daddy.

SADIE: (thought balloon) "Just an oil lamp," my butt! Five gets you ten that's a genie lamp!

PAGE 19

Panel 1: It's night. Prof. Stanford is in bed, asleep.

Panel 2: Sadie's bare feet pad softly through the darkened hallways.

Panel 3: Sadie, dressed only in a nightgown, approaches her father's study.

Panel 4: Medium shot of her picking the lock on the study door with a hairpin...

Panel 5: ...and entering the study, long shot. The lamp is still on the desk.

Panel 6: Extreme close-up on Sadie's hands, taking the lamp.

PAGE 20

Full-page panel of Al-Ghol emerging from his lamp as the lid is lifted. Sadie scowls at Al-Ghol in hatred and determination.

AL-GHOL: Who dares awaken Al-Ghol from his confinement?*

SADIE: Your new master. Now, listen up...*

BLURB: Next Issue: I SCREAM AT GENIES

Incredible Member

PAGE 1

Full-page panel of Al-Ghol emerging from his lamp as the lid is lifted. Sadie scowls at Al-Ghol in hatred and determination. (Yes, this is where the last issue left off.)

AL-GHOL: Who dares awaken Al-Ghol from his confinement?*

SADIE: Your new master. Now, listen up...*

TITLE BLURB: I SCREAM AT GENIES

writer: Timothy Shanahan/penciler: your name here/inker: your name here/colorist: your name here/layouts: your name here

PAGE 2

Panel 1: Close-up on Sadie's face.

SADIE: Do you know a certain Jennifer Maxwell, otherwise known as Jenni?

Panel 2: We see Al-Ghol from Sadie's POV. He glares down at Sadie, eyes slitted.

AL-GHOL: Yes...I believe my last master was known by that name.

Panel 3: Beginning of flashback sequence. Possible "thought balloon"-shaped panels. This panel shows Jennifer Maxwell freeing Al-Ghol from his lamp; Johnny and Professor Stanford are watching nearby.

CAPTION (indicates Al-Ghol's voice) "She freed me from the lamp. In the time-honored custom of the Jinn, my powers became hers to command."

Panel 4: Second flashback panel. Jennifer is being transformed into a Jinn by Al-Ghol. She's shocked and frightened.

"She desired to know all there was to know about the Jinn! Because experience is the best teacher, I transformed her into one of us!"

Panel 5: We see Sadie from Al-Ghol's POV now. She's thinking, figuring something out.

SADIE: Of course...it all adds up.

AL-GHOL: (off-panel voice) What do you mean?

SADIE: It happened this morning...

Panel 6: A second flashback sequence. Jenni slides ghostlike through Sadie.

CAPTION (now representing Sadie): "I got between Sadie and the door to our physics classroom! I told her she was gonna have to go through me, and that I would like to see her try! And...she did!"*

CAPTION: *All this happened last issue!

Panel 7: An impatient-looking Al-Ghol is in the foreground with Sadie behind him. The study is visible in the background.

SADIE: And now I'm your master...

AL-GHOL: Indeed! Now, what is your wish?

Panel 8: A close-up on Sadie's face. She has a conniving expression.

SADIE: I could wish for you to do the same thing to me...but I'd need someone to hold my lamp.

SADIE: I'd also need someone to tell me how this "genie" thing works.

PAGE 3

Panel 1: Sadie's back is turned to us, but her face is visible. She has a business-like expression. Al-Ghol is also in the panel facing Sadie, his eyebrow cocked in surprise.

SADIE: So I'm going to go one better, and wish we could exchange places.

AL-GHOL: What an unusual request! But --

Panel 2: Al-Ghol's mystical Jinn-flame flows into a screaming Sadie's eyes, nose and mouth, and her face and body begin to turn into a statue of ash (with glowing cracks reminiscent of partially hardened lava). His face is visible as he speaks.

AL-GHOL: -- it shall be as you command!

SADIE: AAARRGHHH!!

Panel 3: Sadie's body explodes into ash, smoke, and plasma.

Panel 4: Jinn-flame (now with Sadie's screaming face) is sucked into Al-Ghol's lamp, even as the ash cloud re-solidifies into a new human form.

Panel 5: The ash has re-solidified into a human-like Al-Ghol. He resembles a middle-aged man of Arabic descent. He's naked, but we can only see him from the waist up.

AL-GHOL: Hmmm...so this is what being mortal feels like.

AL-GHOL: Ah, well...

Panel 6: Al-Ghol's hand picks up his lamp.

AL-GHOL: Now to summon my slave...

PAGE 4

Panel 1: Full-panel of Sadie rising from the opened lamp. Her eyes are closed in ecstasy. Unlike Jenni or Al-Ghol, her flame is blue (possibly representing evil as opposed to Jenni's goodness or Al-Ghol's neutrality). Al-Ghol (and the reader) look up at her.

AL-GHOL: Arise, my slave!

SADIE: Some slavery! Just look at the world around me!

SADIE: I can see the atoms dance -- feel the electrons holding them together! And -- to feel them is to hold them, to control them!

SADIE: All matter, all energy -- at my command! And I can do anything with them!

SADIE: I'm a go--!

Panel 2: Inset panel of an alarmed-looking Al-Ghol standing behind Sadie, holding a finger to his mouth. Half of Sadie's face is visible, looking at him with an evil smile.

AL-GHOL: Shhh! There are those who would punish you, for the blasphemy you're about to speak!

AL-GHOL: And besides, I hear someone approach -- your father, I think!

SADIE: Let him in, then.

SADIE: (thought balloon) Bring them all on!

PAGE 5

Panel 1: Establishing exterior shot of Maxwell Industries. Daytime.

CAPTION: Maxwell Industries

Panel 2: Interior shot of Arthur Maxwell's office. The corrupt corporate executive-looking guy (from the last issue's ending) is there. The secretary's voice is coming from the intercom.

SECRETARY'S VOICE (electric balloon): Your daughter is here, Mr. Maxwell.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: Good. Send her in.

Panel 3: Jennifer Maxwell, in her human form, enters her father's office.

JENNIFER: Hey, Dad, what's up?

Panel 4: A stern-faced Arthur Maxwell is pointing at his desktop computer. A clip from a video site is playing.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: What is "up" is this video clip.

Panel 5: A close-up of the video clip. It very clearly shows Jennifer's face in her "Jenni" form.

ARTHUR MAXWELL (off-panel): I want you to explain what the hell I'm seeing.

PAGE 6

Panel 1: Close-up on Jennifer's face. She's not shocked or intimidated, just arching an eyebrow in intrigue.

JENNIFER: Oh, that? Hm. I guess superhero secret identities don't work as well as they used to.

JENNIFER: Ah, the hell with it...

Panel 2: Jennifer is in mid-change into "Jenni" as flames burst from her hair, face, and clothes.

JENNIFER: ...I suppose I was going to have to tell you, sooner or later.

Panel 3: A fully-transformed Jenni now stands before her father, who stares in amazement.

JENNI: Like my new look?

ARTHUR MAXWELL: My God...how did this happen?

JENNI: Sit down so you don't faint, and I'll tell you...

Panel 4: Jenni is facing the reader, looking down at her father's chair (foreground element).

CAPTION: One recap of the aforementioned events of last issue later...

JENNI: ...and as far as I can tell, my abilities could solve all of our world's energy needs, with no pollution.

JENNI: Isn't that great?

Panel 5: Close-up of Arthur Maxwell, sitting in his chair, looking grimly thoughtful.

Panel 6: Same as the last panel.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: No.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: No, that won't do at all.

Incredible Member

PAGE 7

Panel 1: Jenni's shapely back is turned to the reader. Her face is visible, though, glaring down at her father, who's wearing what he hopes is a sympathetic expression.

JENNI: Oh? And why not?

ARTHUR MAXWELL: Don't get me wrong, Pumpkin.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: I know you mean well, and you're doing what you think is right...

Panel 2: CU of Arthur Maxwell's face. He's trying to seem reasonable.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: ...but you're basically setting yourself up to be a slave.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: Besides, didn't you ever read all those stories about wishgranting genies? Didn't you learn anything from them? "Be careful what you wish for," "You don't get something for nothing," that sort of deal?

Panel 3: Jenni's looking infuriated (or at least frustrated/disgusted).

JENNI: Cut the crap, Dad. We know what this is really about.

JENNI: You're a Big Oil exec. You're afraid of limitless clean energy.

Panel 4: Arthur Maxwell (in the background) is shouting at Jenni, but she's turned away, indicating that she's not really listening.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: Damn it, Jenni, that's not fair...

JENNI: What's not fair is that I've got my hands on something that could end hunger and poverty, decrease pollution, and maybe even make war unnecessary, and you'd rather keep us dependent on foreign oil.

Panel 5: Jenni is in mid-teleport.

JENNI: As far as I'm concerned, this conversation's over.

Panel 6: Arthur Maxwell is pinching the bridge of his nose, as if having a migraine headache.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: Damn it, Jenni, why do you have to make me the villain of these conversations?...

PAGE 8

Panel 1: Jenni re-materializes in Johnny's apartment, still angry. Johnny's sitting in a chair, holding his cigarette lighter. His expression is sympathetic.

JENNI: Of all the arrogant, self-centered -- !

JOHNNY: He didn't go for it, did he?

Panel 2: Jenni angrily storms past Johnny as he leans back in his chair.

JENNI: (sigh) No.

JOHNNY: Don't worry about it, Jenni. There's still so much we can do.

Panel 3: Johnny's hand is holding the remote control for his TV, which is now on. It's showing a news broadcast, with a studio reporter.

JOHNNY: Lemme see what's on the news...

NEWSCASTER: (electric) There are still no clues as to the explosion that claimed the life of Eugene Stanford...

Panel 4: Panel 4 is in the shape of the TV screen. The reporter is still speaking to us. Inset is a picture of the Professor's mansion. It's been gutted, as if a bomb had exploded. Carnage and debris are everywhere.

NEWSCASTER: (electric) ...although authorities have ruled out incendiary devices or faulty gas mains. Eugene Stanford's charred corpse was found in the wreckage.

Eugene Stanford was the professor of archaeology at the local Hagman University.

Panel 5: A black-and-white picture of Prof. Stanford, with the legend EUGENE STANFORD Jan. 22, 1964 - February 18, 2013

NEWSCASTER: (off-panel, electric) Prof. Stanford is said to be survived by his daughter, Sadie...

Panel 6: Close-up on Johnny and Jenni's horrified expressions. Johnny's sitting upright; Jenni's got her arms around him for comfort (both his and her own).

NEWSCASTER: (electric) ...however, she is unavailable for comment and is believed to have been killed in the explosion as well. We'll have more on this story as it develops.

PAGE 9

Panel 1: Johnny is turning off the TV with his remote. He and Jenni are still horrified.

JENNI: Oh my God, this is horrible...

JOHNNY: Yeah...and I'm starting to wonder if Al-Ghol isn't behind it.

Panel 2: Johnny's pointing at Jenni, who's saluting obediently. Both heroes are now wearing business-like/combat-ready expressions.

JOHNNY: Jenni, fly to the Professor's mansion and learn what you can.

JENNI: Got it.

Panel 3: Exterior shot of the apartment building, bird's-eye view. A determined-looking Jenni flies through the wall of the building and up into the air.

JENNI: (thought balloon) If you killed him, Al-Ghol, I swear you'll pay.

Panel 4: Exterior shot of the Prof.'s mansion, looking much as it did in the news footage though from a different angle. Jenni is rocketing towards it.

JENNI: (thought balloon) There it is!

Panel 5: Jenni flies through the big hole into the mansion and hovers in mid-air, beginning to land.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Now, let's see what there is to see...

PAGE 10

Panel 1: Jenni is walking through the wreckage of the study, looking around. Her expression is thoughtful.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Hmm...not good! I'm sensing a vast expenditure of Jinnic energy.

Panel 2: Close-up of Jenni's face, concentrating.

JENNI: (thought balloon) I've got to remember...what did the "bible" I read inside the lamp say?

Panel 3: Flashback sequence. The "star" with Jenni's eyes (from last issue) is playing its filaments over what looks like Arabic.

FLASHBACK JENNI: (thought balloon) "...you who read this are tasked to obey mortals, and not to harm them."

Panel 4: Medium close-up on the current Jenni as she scratches her chin.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Wait...does that mean that Jinns can't kill humans, like in that Disney cartoon? That might mean Professor Stanford was really murdered by someone else, and Al-Ghol -- or whoever it was -- was ordered to make it look like an accident!

Panel 5: Wide shot of Jenni wandering the wreckage. Now a worried look crosses her face.

JENNI: (thought balloon) The problem is, I haven't any proof that's what happened! And I'm no detective...or am I? Professor Stanford did train me to be objective and analytical!

Panel 6: CU on Jenni looking determined.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Right, then. Let's see what we can see...

Panel 7: Medium shot. Jenni is kneeling down over a badly burned corpse (the Professor's). Hmm! What's this?!

Incredible Member

PAGE 11

Panel 1: Close-up on the gruesome corpse's head. It should be barely if at all recognizable as the Professor's. A gash is visible on the neck.

JENNI: (off-panel thought balloon) Ugh...that's one ugly wound!

Panel 2: Jenni is still hunched over the corpse, stroking her chin thoughtfully.

JENNI: (thought balloon) It's not much to go on...but it'll have to do!

Panel 3: Exterior shot of the ruined mansion as Jenni flies away.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Now to report this to Johnny!

Panel 4: Johnny's apartment. He's sitting in his chair, stroking his chin, listening to Jenni as she speaks.

JENNI: ...and then I saw this cut across his neck, as if his throat had been slashed.

JOHNNY: A knife or something could have made it...but then again, so could shrapnel from the blast.

Panel 5: Jenni is in medium shot arguing; Johnny is in close-up looking thoughtful.

JENNI: I admit it's not much, but it makes a case, right?

JOHNNY: I suppose so...

JOHNNY: I think it's best that I report it as an anonymous tip.

PAGE 12

Panel 1: A TV screen. The footage of the ruined mansion is being shown again.

NEWSCASTER: There are no leads in the case of the mysterious explosion that...

Panel 2: The "TV" is turned off, a tiny dot of light all that remains in a vast field of darkness.

AL-GHOL: (off-panel) Good. That is as I have wished it...

Panel 3: Al-Ghol is sitting in an office of some sort, with his fingers steepled villainously. Not far from him, Sadie stands at attention, dressed in stereotypical harem garb.

AL-GHOL: ...is it not, Sadie?

SADIE: Indeed, master.

Panel 4: Shot from behind Sadie, her head turning to speak to Al-Ghol, who sits casually.

SADIE: Permission to speak, master?

AL-GHOL: Your slavery begins and ends at wish-granting, Sadie. Save that you must return to your vessel, you've all the freedom you'll need.

Panel 5: Close-up on Sadie, a quizzical expression on her face.

SADIE: What have you planned for the future?

Panel 6: Close-up on Al-Ghol grinning wickedly.

AL-GHOL: Revenge, of course.

AL-GHOL: I'll fill you in on the details.

Panel 7: Al-Ghol holds out the remote control and reactivates the TV.

AL-GHOL: Meanwhile, I'll look for something entertaining on this magic picture-window...

Panel 8: "TV screen" of an on-the-scene reporter standing outside the apartment building of Johnny and Jenni.

REPORTER: (electric) This is Joanna Miller, standing outside the Eden Arms apartment building...

PAGE 13

Panel 1: "TV screen" of Jenni standing on the front step of the building, addressing reporters and cameramen on the sidewalk. She's conjuring up a podium, a microphone and speakers.

REPORTER'S VOICE: (electric) where the creature responsible for the events in Waikiki* has consented to hold an impromptu press conference.

CAPTION: *Last issue

Panel 2: "TV screen" of Jenni's face.

JENNI: (electric) Thank you all for coming. My name is Jennifer Maxwell, but you can call me Jenni.

JENNI: (electric) As I'm sure you're aware, our world suffers from the dwindling of resources, especially the lack of sustainable nonpolluting fuel. Wars are being fought over oil, which fills the air we breathe with smoke, and the major companies are sitting on any viable alternatives.

Panel 3: Overhead shot. Jenni "hams it up", looking upward and smiling as energy arcs dazzlingly between her upraised hands.

JENNI: Fortunately, all our wishes in that department are about to come true!

JENNI: My abilities stem from a source called quantum foam, which forms the very fabric of our universe. It's nontoxic and virtually limitless.

Panel 4: Cut to Arthur Maxwell in his office. He's screaming at his TV, totally pissed off.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: You stupid idiot!

Panel 5: Cut back to a medium shot of Al-Ghol and Sadie in Al-Ghol's office. Al-Ghol has a thoughtful expression. Sadie is staring down at him.

JENNI'S VOICE: (off-panel, electric) From it stems all matter and energy, and --

AL-GHOL: Hmmm...

SADIE: What is it, boss?

Panel 6: CU of Al-Ghol's face, smiling villainously, as he turns to speak to Sadie.

AL-GHOL: I believe I have found my inspiration.

AL-GHOL: This is what I wish you to do, Sadie...

BLURB: NEXT ISSUE: ENERGY CRISIS!

Incredible Member

PAGE 1

Panel 1: "TV screen" of Joanna Miller, standing next to Al-Ghol's human form. He's wearing glasses and a lab coat, like a semi-stereotypical scientist.

JOANNA MILLER: This is Joanna Miller with a special report. Physicist Dr. Alvin Gaulle claims to have discovered a way to channel quantum energy.

JOANNA MILLER: Thank you for letting us into your laboratory, Dr. Gaulle.

Panel 2: "Alvin Gaulle" stands in the foreground of the "TV screen", smiling amiably. He's gesturing towards a massive globe of swirling, blue-glowing gases.

"ALVIN GAULLE": The pleasure is all mine, Ms. Miller.

“ALVIN GAULLE": As you can see, the magnetic and gravitic fields in this container are capturing a vast supply of quantum energy.

JOANNA MILLER: (offscreen) Quite the astounding feat, Dr. Gaulle.

Panel 3: "TV screen" of Dr. Gaulle hanging his head in (false) humility as Joanna interviews him in the foreground.

“ALVIN GAULLE": Of course, I have the, ah, person who’s been making the papers lately to thank for the idea.
    JOANNA MILLER: You mean, Jennifer Maxwell, aka ‘Jenni’?

Panel 4: "TV screen" closeup of Dr. Gaulle, smiling and looking at the "camera."

“ALVIN GAULLE": The same.

“ALVIN GAULLE": She’s the one who deserves all the credit.

Panel 5: The TV room of John Tonnek's apartment. Jenni's putting her fist through the screen in rage. Johnny's looking concerned for her safety.

JENNI: Except that he never asked my permission to conduct those kinds of experiments!

JENNI: Or even invited me to ensure that proper safety precautions were being taken

JOHNNY: Whoa, hey! Take it easy!

LOGO: JINN & TONNEK

TITLE: POWER-MAD!

CAPTION: Writer: Timothy Shanahan

CAPTION: Artist: (artist's name here)

PAGE 2

Panel 1: Johnny's holding Jenni, as much to restrain her as to comfort her.

JOHNNY: Calm down, Jenni! There's no need for a tantrum!

JENNI: Like hell there isn't! That lying bastard's container’s not even hooked up right!

JENNI: One flick of a switch, and he'll blow the whole lab to atoms!

Panel 2: Close-up of Johnny looking thoughtful while Jenni looks at him.

JOHNNY: What gets me is, there's something familiar about him...

JENNI: He looks a hell of a lot like Al-Ghol, if he was human.

JENNI: Come to think of it, with a name like "Alvin Gaulle"...

Panel 3: Johnny is staring at Jenni worriedly. She's scowling.

JOHNNY: You think he might...?

JENNI: I know he is.

JENNI: He's taunting us, Johnny. We’re the only ones who even know he exists, now that Professor Stanford is...gone.

Panel 4: Close-up of Jenni, grimacing.

JENNI: Well, us and whoever was stupid enough to let him out.

JENNI: What really frosts my cookies is that he more or less stole my idea -- which means that whatever he’s got planned is partly my own fault.

Panel 5: Johnny is holding Jenni's shoulder as they begins to glow, looking determined.

JOHNNY: Let’s find that lab and shut it down.

JENNI: As you wish.

PAGE 3

Panel 1: They rematerialize in what looks like a high-tech laboratory, electro-mechanical doodads zapping all over the place.

JOHNNY: Whoa.

JOHNNY: What the hell'd you do?

Panel 2: Jenni's smiling a little arrogantly, as if the feat she's discussing were child's play. Johnny is looking around.

JENNI: Converted us both into radio waves, traced the TV signal back to its source and reformed us at Al-Ghol’s lab. Saved us time and trouble searching for it.

JOHNNY: Well, the point is, it worked. Let’s take a look around.

Panel 3: They're wandering around the laboratory. Equipment is sparking everywhere. Jenni's looking critical, and even Johnny can tell something's off.

JENNI: Great, more shoddy wiring.

JOHNNY: Yeah, whoever set up this equipment was a real amateur.

Panel 4: "Alvin Gaulle" steps out of a corridor to confront our heroes. He's looking really pissed. Johnny and Jenni are turned to face him. Johnny's surprised; Jenni's mad.

"ALVIN GAULLE": May I ask what you are doing here?

JOHNNY: Al-Ghol!

JENNI: You know who we are, and I think you know exactly what we’re doing here. Your so-called ‘quantum energy experiment’ was done without consulting me. You didn’t even ask me if I wanted to make sure you didn’t blow something up!

Panel 5: Close-up on Al-Ghol. He is scowling evilly now, recognizable as a villain. His nostrils are flared in a snort. He gestures toward the container full of quantum energy.

AL-GHOL: “Blowing something up" is precisely what I had in mind.

AL-GHOL: Even now, the container is preparing to explosively release its pent-up energy, causing a chain reaction throughout the fabric of space and time that will result in the destruction of the entire universe!

AL-GHOL: Once the universe is pure quantum energy, I will be able to mold it according to my wished. The universe will be recreated, in my image!

Panel 6: Close-up of our heroes' reactions. Jenni's horrified; if she were flesh-and-blood instead of living flame she would be pale. Johnny squinting cynically.

JENNI: Good God…you're insane.

JOHNNY: Don’t you have to be a Jinn to do that?

JOHNNY: And by the way, why are you talking about your plans like a Saturday morning cartoon villain? What’s gonna keep us from stopping you?

Panel 7: Close up on Al-Ghol as he gestures again towards the container.

AL-GHOL: (thought balloon) I must remember to ask what a "Saturday morning cartoon villain" is...

AL-GHOL: To answer both your questions...

PAGE 4

Panel 1: Close-up on the container. Sadie, glowing blue, clad in her harem outfit and looking pissed, is emerging from it like an evil genie escaping its bottle (which, after all, is what she's become).

AL-GHOL: (off-panel) I have an…assistant.

AL-GHOL: (ditto) Sadie!

SADIE: This had better be important. I'm halfway to critical mass.

Panel 2: Jenni and Johnny are looking up at Sadie in horror.

JENNI: Oh, no…

Panel 3: Sadie is glaring downwards at Jenni. A hateful expression is clear on her face.

SADIE: Oh, it’s you.

SADIE: I’ve been waiting a long time for this...

Panel 4: Johnny and Al-Ghol are pointing at each other and their respective genies.

JOHNNY: Jenni, take her down. I’m gonna kick Al-Ghol’s now-human ass six ways from Sunday.

AL-GHOL: Atomize her, slave, while I dispose of her summoner.

Panels 5 & 6: One of those two-in-one panels showing the left half of a face (Jenni's in Panel 5) next to the right half of another face (Sadie's in Panel 6). Jenni's face looks determined; Sadie's is hate-crazed.

JENNI & SADIE: (simultaneously) Your wish is my ******* command.

PAGE 5

Panel 1: Johnny's POV. An enraged Al-Ghol swings a fist into Johnny’s face.

Panel 2: It connects with the palm of his left hand instead.

Panel 3: Johnny's hand has now closed around Al-Ghol's. Johnny's pissed; Al-Ghol's nervous.

JOHNNY: Nice try.

JOHNNY: If it had connected, it might have done some damage.

Panel 4: Now the positions have reversed. We see Johnny throwing a right hook from Al-Ghol's viewpoint.

JOHNNY: Now, let’s see how you are at defense, you son of a bitch.

Panel 5: Al-Ghol's staring in terror at the punch coming at him. You can show the actual hand, or just the shadow over Al-Ghol's face.

AL-GHOL: Eep.

PAGE 6

Splash-page of Jenni and Sadie, giant-sized and battling it out in the skies over the Nazca Lines in Peru. They're trading energy-bursts, summoning force-fields and any other energy/matter-manipulating trick the artist cares to employ in their battle.

CAPTION: The Nazca Lines, Peru.

CAPTION: Tourists and natives will later swear up and down that they have seen everything from an alien invasion to Judgment Day.

CAPTION: That last one won't be far off the mark.

PAGE 7

Panel 1: Close-up on Jenni's face, thinking as she fights.

JENNI: (thought bubble) I figured how to control states of matter back in Waikiki.*

CAPTION: *In the first issue. - Tim the Tourist

Panel 2: A "flashback" panel, of Jenni taking a "steam bath" inside the hurricane she's shattered.

JENNI: (thought bubble) As molecules and atoms of water vapor “peppered” my fiery skin, I "tasted" them, figuring out how to simulate the structures of such atoms...

Panel 3: Panel showing atoms of oxygen and hydrogen merging to form water.

JENNI: (thought bubble) ...increasing their quantity and cohesion until they formed molecules of water, then of ice!

JENNI: (thought bubble) Controlling gases was the easiest to start with; after all, what are plasmas but ionized gases? From there, it was a matter of working my way up!

Panel 4: Close-up on Sadie, eyes literally ablaze with rage, as she crackles with ions.

JENNI: (thought bubble) Sadie, on the other hand, seems to have tackled the ionization factor rather than the gas factor! From there, she must've learned how to manipulate other charged particles, like electrons and positrons!

Panel 5: Jenni deflects Sadie's energy-blasts away from herself. Jenni's looking remorseful.

JENNI: (thought bubble) Which means the little madwoman can do things like create radiation. Crap!

JENNI: (thought bubble) My father was right, for all the wrong reasons! He thought I was giving people something for nothing!

JENNI: (thought bubble) I’ve done worse than that! I’ve given a loaded weapon to a preschooler!

Incredible Member

PAGE 8

Panel 1: Sadie's ceased her attack. Her arms are spread wide. If you've seen The Avengers, you might remember Loki's I-am-a-god speech. Sadie's obviously got a similar attitude.

SADIE: Enough! This gets us nowhere.

SADIE: Now I’ll show what a Jinn can really do!

Panel 2: Sadie is "blinking out". Jenni is staring at her in curiosity and suspicion.

JENNI: (thought bubble) She's taking a powder!

JENNI: (ditto) But what did she mean, "show what a Jinn can really do?"

Panel 3: A bright blue glow from the heavens covers everything. Jenni is staring in horror.

JENNI: (thought bubble) Oh, no! NO!!

PAGE 9

Splash page. Sadie is in outer space. She's the size of a god, so large that Earth is the size of her right iris.

PAGE 10

Panel 1: A crowded city street. People are gazing up in horror. Maybe have a Catholic priest crossing himself or something.

SADIE: (sfx-style or disembodied) HELLO, MORTALS.

Panel 2: We're looking up past the towers, skyscrapers and other buildings into the sky. All that can be seen is Sadie's right eye, staring hatefully down at us.

SADIE: (ditto) THE APOCALYPSE IS UPON YOU.

Panel 3: Close-up on Sadie as she holds up the planet Uranus in her hand.

SADIE: (sfx or disembodied) YOU MIGHT RECOGNIZE THIS AS THE PLANET URANUS.

Panel 4: The planet Uranus glows blue, transforming into a giant apple.

SADIE: (sfx/disembodied) I’M GOING TO TURN IT INTO A BIG JUICY APPLE --

Panel 5: Sadie bites into the apple with a mouthful of razor-sharp fangs.

SFX: KRUNCHH

SADIE: (sfx/disembodied) -- AND BITE.

SADIE: (ditto) MMM! AND NOW --

Panel 6: Sadie's hideous fanged mouth opens, yawning wide to swallow Earth.

SADIE: (sfx/disembodied) -- YOUR ANUS IS NEXT!

PAGE 11

Splash page of an equally-huge, determined-looking Jenni, grabbing an enraged Sadie by the neck and pulling her away from Earth. Both Jinns' eyes are literally blazing with anger.

JENNI: NO.

SADIE: NO? YOU EVIL SLUT, I AM A GOD!!

CAPTION: In case you’re wondering how they can talk when there’s no air in space, or how Sadie was able to communicate with everyone on Earth, it’s because they have some telepathic ability having to do with the quantum nature of consciousness.

CAPTION (Or because they’re vibrating what molecules they can find between themselves and the recipients of their messages. Take your pick. ;D)

PAGE 12

Panel 1: Close-up on Jenni's face. She's trying to be reasonable.

JENNI: YOU'RE NO MORE A GOD THAN I AM, YOU LITTLE PSYCHOPATH.

JENNI: THE ONLY REASON YOU'RE ABLE TO DO ALL THIS IS BECAUSE YOU'RE STILL TRYING TO GRANT AL-GHOL'S COMMAND TO DESTROY ME.

Panel 2: Close-up on a smugly grinning Sadie.

JENNI: (off-panel) YOUR POWERS WOULD BE IN LOCKDOWN OTHERWISE.

SADIE: WELL, THEY'RE NOT IN LOCKDOWN NOW, ARE THEY?

Panel 3: Sadie teleports out of Jenni's grip.

SADIE: AND SINCE MERELY BLASTING EACH OTHER DOESN'T WORK --

JENNI: HEY!

Panel 4: Sadie rematerializes some distance from a worried Jenni.

SADIE: -- I'VE DECIDED TO GO WITH THE NUCLEAR OPTION.

JENNI: NUCLEAR OPTION? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

PAGE 13

Panel 1: Close-up on Sadie, holding up her hands. Her right hand crackles yellow, the left hand blue.

SADIE: WATCH.

SADIE: I FORM ELECTRONS AROUND MY RIGHT HAND, LIKE THIS--

SADIE: -- I FORM POSITRONS AROUND MY LEFT, LIKE THIS --

SADIE: -- AND THEN I CLAP MY HANDS!

Panel 2: Inset in Panel 3. Close-up on Jenni. She's horrified, distraught.

JENNI: (thought bubble) If she does that, it'll be like matter meeting anti-matter, causing mutual annihilation!

JENNI: NO, SADIE! YOU'LL DESTROY YOURSELF!

Panel 3: Sadie is consumed in a blinding white light. Her face and hands are gone, annihilated. Jenni turns away, both to protect herself from the blinding blast and because she can't watch Sadie seemingly commit suicide.

SADIE: IT'LL BE WORTH I--

JENNI: SADIE -- !

JENNI: (thought bubble) If only this could end another way...!

PAGE 14

Panel 1: (inset) The crowd from Page 10 is covering their eyes and averting their gaze from the blinding light of Sadie's suicide attack.

Panel 2: A giant "halo" of radiation rushes in a wave towards Jenni and Earth. Jenni's putting on a determined face.

JENNI: (thought balloon) The only thing left of Sadie now is the massive wave of gamma radiation her demise unleashed.

JENNI: (ditto) It's heading for Earth at light-speed, ready to flash-fry all life on Earth.

Panel 3: Jenni's flying towards Earth.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Luckily for me, it's all relative.

JENNI: (ditto) Earth's magnetic field shields it from most radiation --

Incredible Member

PAGE 15

Panel 1: Jenni's flying into the aforementioned magnetic field, merging her energies with it and firing a massive blast of magnetic force out into space.

JENNI: -- but in this case, it's gonna need a boost!

Panel 2: The magnetic blast fires from Earth and hits the gamma wave, forcing the radiation to "bend" around Earth.

Panel 3: The city skies are filled with a rainbow-like series of colors, caused by the dispersal of gamma-ray photons. Everyone who hasn't been blinded by the initial explosion is gazing at the sky, admiring the colors.

CROWD MEMBERS: (ad libbing) Ahhh! Look at that! Beautiful! Is that an aurora borealis? I can't see! What's going on?

Panel 4: Jenni's starting to discorporate from exhaustion, seemingly dying.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Took all my power...exhausted...

Panel 5: Now only her eye remains, shedding a "tear" of fire.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Johnny...I...lov...

PAGE 16

Panel 1: Interior shot of "Alvin Gaulle's" lab. A glowering Johnny stands over Al-Ghol. The latter is crumpled in a heap, black-eyed and bleeding.

JOHNNY: You may have had awesome wishgranting powers as a Jinn, but you know jack about fighting hand-to-hand.

Panel 2: Johnny's pulled out his cigarette lighter. He's pressing the button.

JOHNNY: Now, if you don't mind, I'm gonna see how Jenni's doing.

Panel 3: Jenni's eye (reduced to little more than a glowing outline) has opened wide.

JENNI: (thought balloon) Johnny! He's calling me --

Panel 4: Jenni's particles are surging back to the lab, and the lighter, in a rush of flame. Johnny's eyes are wide with surprise.

JOHNNY: Whoa!

Panel 5: Jenni's fully rematerialized. She's hugging Johnny, crying tears of relief. He's holding her, eyes obviously full of care.

JENNI: Oh, Johnny! I thought I'd never see you again!

JOHNNY: It's okay, Jenni. I'm here.

Panel 6: They break off the clinch. Jenni's still looking concerned.

JENNI: What happened with Al-Ghol?

JOHNNY: He may be all-powerful as a Jinn, but as a human he can't fight worth beans. All that's left is to shut down the quantum energy container, tie him up and call the police.

JOHNNY: What's wrong?

PAGE 17

Panel 1: Jenni's face is full of shame and guilt. Johnny's, on the other hand, exudes confidence,

JENNI: Thanks to Sadie and me, when people think of genies, they won't think of cute, comical wishgranters in Arabian costumes.

JENNI: They'll think of planet-eating god-monsters, and it's all my own fault.

JOHNNY: Hey, if I know the media, they'll release some story about it being a gas leak or a terrorist attack or something.

Panel 2: Jenni gives Johnny a snarky look. He shrugs dismissively.

JENNI: A terrorist attack. That makes me feel a whole lot better.

JOHNNY: Well, you know the media. Lies, damn lies and statistics...

Panel 3: Johnny looks into his jacket.

SFX: BEE--EE-EEP! BEE-EE-EEP!

JOHNNY: That'll be my cell.

Panel 4: Johnny has his cell phone out, and he's looking at the display in front. He looks nervous.

JOHNNY: Uh-oh...

Panel 5: Johnny, still nervous, holds the cell phone to Jenni. She's frightened, but resigned. It's time to face the music.

JOHNNY: It's your dad.

JENNI: Put him on.

PAGE 18

I want Jenni's parts of the conversation to be on the left side of the page, with her father's parts on the right.

Panel 1: Jenni, holding Johnny's cell phone, is smiling like this is supposed to be a normal phone call, but you can see her nervousness.

JENNI: Hey, Daddy, it’s me.

Panel 2: Arthur Maxwell is sitting in his office, scowling sternly.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: Don't 'hey, Daddy' me, young lady. I've got something to discuss with you.

Panel 3: Jenni is hanging her head, half-facepalming.

JENNI: Look, I’m sorry, all right? You may have been wrong about the something-for-nothing argument, but quantum energy is too dangerous, and –

Panel 4: Arthur Maxwell looks calm.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: Not that.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: I saw you battle that…whatever it was. Hell, the whole damn planet got a ringside seat. And you know what?

Panel 5: Jenni's eye is peeking out between her fingers, wide with surprise.

Panel 6: ECU on Arthur's face. He's smiling with pride.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: You saved the goddamn world.

PAGE 19

Panel 1: Jenni's face is uncovered, and she's still stunned by this revelation.

JENNI: Then...you’re not angry?

Panel 2: Pull back to show Arthur Maxwell sitting at his desk, being candid.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: Hey, you may be impulsive and headstrong, but you act out of what you think is right, and you showed a lot of courage.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: I couldn’t be prouder of you.

Panel 3: Jenni is smiling with relief and pride.

JENNI: I love you too, Daddy.

Panel 4: Arthur Maxwell is making kissy-motions with his lips.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: See you later, pumpkin.

ARTHUR MAXWELL: Kiss, kiss.

JENNI: (from panel 3) Kiss, kiss.

Panel 5: Jenni's handing Johnny back his cell phone. Both of them are smiling.

JOHNNY: Well, now that that’s taken care of, what do we do now?

JENNI: I don't know about you, but being a hero’s given me an appetite. How about we try that tandoori place?

JOHNNY: Your wish is my command, beautiful.

PAGE 20

Full-page/splash of Johnny and Jenni flying off through the city streets, looking like Lois Lane and Superman.

JENNI: (caption) That's my line, silly.