Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guile vs Bucky

Default Guile vs Bucky

Inspired from this:

https://youtu.be/DoXedsVeR6A
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Is this a stomp? And if so, in whose favour?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Is this a stomp?
    Yes.

And if so, in whose favour?
    Bucky's.

Guile has become a complete jobber as this video explains very well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9zMTUZT4Mc

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Yes.

Bucky's.

Guile has become a complete jobber as this video explains very well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9zMTUZT4Mc
    Eh, jobberism doesn't remove previous feats, it just means the writers aren't currently doing the character any favours. Ignore the jobber instances, go by his best feats, and then what happens? Still a stomp?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

He can beat up kid Ryu?

The major problem with many fighting game characters is that very few of them have concrete feats outside of things like supplemental lore.

Guile just so happens to be one of these characters. Where we place him his largely a matter of powerscaling.

A secondary source - Saiki's SF Plot FAQ on the good ol' GameFAQs - states, IIRC, that Ryu from the Street Fighter Alpha anime released in the mid 90s is a fairly accurate portrayal of Ryu. He also has subsequent anime in the SF4 era that also displays decent feats.

So where's Guile? Apocryphally, some rung below Ryu and Charlie Nash, maybe near Chun-Li.

What does that mean? Who knows, there's nothing much to quantify that outside of presentation.

Having said that, I've tracked down a recent, concrete feat for Guile. His ability to fight SF4 era Juri and not immediately die:

The level of force required to take him out is a Feng Shuei Engine empowered kick, the shockwave from which destroys a small airplane in the background.

He's winded, but still conscious, after taking that hit.

Can Bucky output something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The major problem with many fighting game characters is that very few of them have concrete feats outside of things like supplemental lore.

Guile just so happens to be one of these characters. Where we place him his largely a matter of powerscaling.

A secondary source - Saiki's SF Plot FAQ on the good ol' GameFAQs - states, IIRC, that Ryu from the Street Fighter Alpha anime released in the mid 90s is a fairly accurate portrayal of Ryu. He also has subsequent anime in the SF4 era that also displays decent feats.

So where's Guile? Apocryphally, some rung below Ryu and Charlie Nash, maybe near Chun-Li.

What does that mean? Who knows, there's nothing much to quantify that outside of presentation.

Having said that, I've tracked down a recent, concrete feat for Guile. His ability to fight SF4 era Juri and not immediately die:

The level of force required to take him out is a Feng Shuei Engine empowered kick, the shockwave from which destroys a small airplane in the background.

He's winded, but still conscious, after taking that hit.

Can Bucky output something similar?
    Absolutely not.

Incredible Member

Eh, jobberism doesn't remove previous feats, it just means the writers aren't currently doing the character any favours. Ignore the jobber instances, go by his best feats, and then what happens? Still a stomp?
    We go by the most recent versions of a character unless specified otherwise. That's why say, Superman doesn't get his pre-Crisis feats and Kingpin doesn't get his Classic feats unless you state you're using those versions of the characters. Likewise the most recent version of Guile (the SF V one) is a jobber.

If we go by an earlier version, one that has good feats, that wouldn't be a stomp but I'd still give the win to Bucky after a fairly tough fight.

We go by the most recent versions of a character unless specified otherwise. That's why say, Superman doesn't get his pre-Crisis feats and Kingpin doesn't get his Classic feats unless you state you're using those versions of the characters. Likewise the most recent version of Guile (the SF V one) is a jobber.

If we go by an earlier version, one that has good feats, that wouldn't be a stomp but I'd still give the win to Bucky after a fairly tough fight.
    One supposes Bucky could shoot Guile, SF characters are not bulletproof without the use of ki or whatever.

Hand to hand, I'm not sure how? What, because he lost to Charlie, Vega and Bison?

It sounds like you don't like Guile and are tossing out feats because they don't mesh with that view.

This difference being PC superman is a completely different character from current Superman. An older Version of Guile is the same version of current Guile, just older. Unless you go by comics or movies etc. As far as the main canon timeline however, there is only one Guile.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

We go by high-end feats consistent with the character's presentation. You attempting to smuggle in a bunch of "not that" with your half-truth on how the board operates, does not a good argument in line with board rules, make.

Nice try though.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So in other words, what are canon Guile's consistent high end feats and how do they stack up to Bucky's?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    So in other words, what are canon Guile's consistent high end feats and how do they stack up to Bucky's?
    He's in the realm of "takes a kick from Juri that blows up a small airplane". Which is safely out of Bucky's realm. He would however, get shot to death with standard equipment.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Guile can die by bullets. If just a fist fight though. Bucky would not do so great.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

How strong are these bullets that they can kill a guy who can take kicks like that?

I mean, considering it (the energy from her attack) blew up the plane after going through him then traveling some distance, surely that's outside of a normal bullet's ability to hurt?
    This signature intentionally left blank.