Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guile vs Bucky

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    How strong are these bullets that they can kill a guy who can take kicks like that?

I mean, considering it (the energy from her attack) blew up the plane after going through him then traveling some distance, surely that's outside of a normal bullet's ability to hurt?
    Once again, fighting games - and SF in particular - is terrible media for consistent feats.

This is largely an inference on my part, because Charlie Nash's canon death is the SFA2 one, in which he was perforated by down by helicopter machine guns while his back was turned and tossed over a waterfall by M Bison. By presentation, Charlie has always been greater than Guile in every way except being a Family Man.

Probably operating on the Wonder Woman clause.

Yeah the best defense feats in SF require channeling energy/muscle to brace for it.

Like Zangief breaking a plot device sword with his chest ( then again in his background he was flung by a F5 tornado and all it did was inspire his spinning pile driver.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    One supposes Bucky could shoot Guile, SF characters are not bulletproof without the use of ki or whatever.

Hand to hand, I'm not sure how? What, because he lost to Charlie, Vega and Bison?

It sounds like you don't like Guile and are tossing out feats because they don't mesh with that view.
    LOL, I don't care one way or the other about any Street Fighter characters. I was just very impressed by the excellent work TheFightersDen did with his video. Seriously, you really ought to check it out. Even if you disagree it's entertaining as heck.

But if you really don't want to-

1. Guile can't get past Vega. True Vega is good but how can Guile think he can beat Bison if he can't even beat a flunky? More importantly Guile was completely helpless to aid Chun-Li. She would have died if Cammy hadn't intervened. Since Guile was in charge of the mission that means he is responsible for the safety of those under his command and he failed to protect a subordinate.

2. His best move, the Sonic Boom, utterly flops against Charlie. Yes Charlie can suck up powers, but at that point he had no idea what he was doing. He then gets KO'ed by Charlie who takes the piece. Meanwhile Chun-Li was defeated by Rashid who took her piece. Had Rashid been evil he could have killed Chun-Li then and there, meaning Guile again failed to protect his subordinate and failed the mission because they lost the pieces.

3. Guile is then put under the command of Karin, a civilian with no military rank, seemingly just because she's rich.

4. He then volunteers go go with Zangief to get another piece. They get intercepted by Balrog, Ed and a fodder Bison Doll. Guile is unable to defeat the Doll and while she keeps him busy Balrog and Ed double-team Zangief and get the piece. Another mission botched because Guile couldn't beat a fodder Bison Doll.

5. One good moment when he saves the gang by flying them out of there in a helicopter.

6. Guile and Charlie get overpowered by Abel, a guy Zangief easily one-shotted. Guile again tries the Sonic Boom and it's slapped away like it's nothing. Abel is only stopped thanks to Charlie sucking up the Power that made him Psycho.

7. The final battle with Bison and Guile contributes NOTHING. His best friend dies a second time and he does nothing. In fact he doesn't make it up to the top until Bison has already been defeated.

8. Chun-Li and the little girl nearly get crushed by debris and who saves them? Ryu of course. Again, Guile is completely useless even though he could have blasted away the debris just as easily.

In short SF V was not a good showing for Guile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
    We go by high-end feats consistent with the character's presentation. You attempting to smuggle in a bunch of "not that" with your half-truth on how the board operates, does not a good argument in line with board rules, make.

Nice try though.
    I apologise if I have offended you.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    LOL, I don't care one way or the other about any Street Fighter characters. I was just very impressed by the excellent work TheFightersDen did with his video. Seriously, you really ought to check it out. Even if you disagree it's entertaining as heck.

But if you really don't want to-

1. Guile can't get past Vega. True Vega is good but how can Guile think he can beat Bison if he can't even beat a flunky? More importantly Guile was completely helpless to aid Chun-Li. She would have died if Cammy hadn't intervened. Since Guile was in charge of the mission that means he is responsible for the safety of those under his command and he failed to protect a subordinate.

2. His best move, the Sonic Boom, utterly flops against Charlie. Yes Charlie can suck up powers, but at that point he had no idea what he was doing. He then gets KO'ed by Charlie who takes the piece. Meanwhile Chun-Li was defeated by Rashid who took her piece. Had Rashid been evil he could have killed Chun-Li then and there, meaning Guile again failed to protect his subordinate and failed the mission because they lost the pieces.

3. Guile is then put under the command of Karin, a civilian with no military rank, seemingly just because she's rich.

4. He then volunteers go go with Zangief to get another piece. They get intercepted by Balrog, Ed and a fodder Bison Doll. Guile is unable to defeat the Doll and while she keeps him busy Balrog and Ed double-team Zangief and get the piece. Another mission botched because Guile couldn't beat a fodder Bison Doll.

5. One good moment when he saves the gang by flying them out of there in a helicopter.

6. Guile and Charlie get overpowered by Abel, a guy Zangief easily one-shotted. Guile again tries the Sonic Boom and it's slapped away like it's nothing. Abel is only stopped thanks to Charlie sucking up the Power that made him Psycho.

7. The final battle with Bison and Guile contributes NOTHING. His best friend dies a second time and he does nothing. In fact he doesn't make it up to the top until Bison has already been defeated.

8. Chun-Li and the little girl nearly get crushed by debris and who saves them? Ryu of course. Again, Guile is completely useless even though he could have blasted away the debris just as easily.

I apologise if I have offended you.
    You haven't offended me, but you're ignoring the board rules. Until you can follow them, nothing you have to say about the outcome of a fight means anything here.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    You certainly cared enough to engage in a contrarian, bad faith argument with enough confidence to pick a winner without saying how yours would do it.

I did watch your linked video. None of that answered my question: how does Bucky beat Guile in hand to hand?

But I suppose my larger problem is with this statement:

No, it wasn't. Which is why we don't consider what he can't do while hamstringed by Plot Induced Stupidity and jobbing as necessary to make the plot prigress,, but what he can do at his absolute best. Otherwise that's a dishonest representation.

Of course, if your intention was to promote TheFightersDen's Youtube channel based on rants and thin analysis as an objective source, you've succeeded about as well as those who take Death Battle as gospel.
    Last edited by grampagen; 06-15-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    How strong are these bullets that they can kill a guy who can take kicks like that?

I mean, considering it (the energy from her attack) blew up the plane after going through him then traveling some distance, surely that's outside of a normal bullet's ability to hurt?

Co start barrage and bullets moving faster than her kick so more penetration. Kinda like how Kevlar can block bullets but not a knife.

Or knight armor protecting from blade but not a bullet.

And yeah that smells of Death Battle bs.

Here we do things with both sides at their best, using their best, no polls, and the most “consistent” showings. That last one is pretty damn important.

It fits the bill if the character performs and does so on a regular basis. Or against those in same ball park on a regular basis. Also in V Chun Li and Karin are strong enough to smash bomb proofed bunks doors with their strikes, a high lighter in the tier they along with the rest could do.

Incredible Member

You certainly cared enough to engage in a contrarian, bad faith argument with enough confidence to pick a winner without saying how yours would do it.

I did watch your linked video. None of that answered my question: how does Bucky beat Guile in hand to hand?

But I suppose my larger problem is with this statement:

No, it wasn't. Which is why we don't consider what he can't do while hamstringed by Plot Induced Stupidity and jobbing as necessary to make the plot prigress,, but what he can do at his absolute best. Otherwise that's a dishonest representation.
    I apologise. I did not mean to offend anyone.

Of course, if your intention was to promote TheFightersDen's Youtube channel based on rants and thin analysis as an objective source, you've succeeded about as well as those who take Death Battle as gospel.
    I am sorry if I gave you the wrong idea. Please check it out, it is a great channel. My messing up doesn't change that.

You haven't offended me, but you're ignoring the board rules. Until you can follow them, nothing you have to say about the outcome of a fight means anything here.
    Thanks and I'm sorry. It won't happen again.