Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman vs Goku

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    They certainly eat as we've seen her at many feasts. We don't know this but when she had her baby, if she had any of the standard anesthesia, spinal blocks, epidurals - then nerve agents would work on the cyborg-androids (whatever). If Goku has an oxygen metabolism then things like cyanide might take him out.
    Cyanide simply wouldn't have time to work before the vastly faster than lightspeed killed Batman and the city he's living in at the time.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Cyanide simply wouldn't have time to work before the vastly faster than lightspeed killed Batman and the city he's living in at the time.
    That reminds me, is there any gadget (either his or someone else's) in the comics that ever gave Batman superspeed? I fondly remember that episode of TAS where the Clock King had such a device, and Batman and Robin ended up using it themselves. I've no idea how fast it made them, but it was a great episode.

Of course, even still that would be a mere human with superspeed, without all the other physical attributes needed to face Goku.

Astonishing Member

The OP said with prep, so that might let Bats have some kind of toxin release at the bell. Of course, at the bell he is vaporized unless Goku decides to have a martial arts fight because of Bats' rep and fights at a human level. He does things like that at times, not using full power. However, since we have rules that you don't do that sort of thing, Bats vanishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    That reminds me, is there any gadget (either his or someone else's) in the comics that ever gave Batman superspeed? I fondly remember that episode of TAS where the Clock King had such a device, and Batman and Robin ended up using it themselves. I've no idea how fast it made them, but it was a great episode.

Of course, even still that would be a mere human with superspeed, without all the other physical attributes needed to face Goku.
    Pre-Flashpoint, there was the Insider suit, which basically gave him the combined powers of the League, IIRC, including the Flash's speed, that I am sure of. However, one caveat I am sure of is that the powers needed time to recharge once used, might be enough for Bruce to set up something, might not be enough. Another I can't remember for sure right now, is whether or not he could use several powersets at once, like using the Flash's speed while also using Superman's heat vision for instance.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I mean if he can build a robot that can catch the Flash off guard, and has access to toxins which work on the Flash, Cyborg, Wonder Woman, and Superman alike, he should be able to deliver something which instantly incapacitates Goku. Goku having super speed doesn't actually help him once he's been poisoned as his faster metabolism would then just pump it though him quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Bats only chance is to develop a version of the virus that killed hm and put it in his rice before the match, with sufficient lead time.

No gadget would serve. Could Bats become a vampire, a ring bearer, a vampire ring bearer, host the Spectre - you could come him with some outrageous no limits prep but that's silly.
    He should have some form of immunity to that virus given that he had it and survived it. And that kind of virus is unlikely to really mutate much given it seems to be completely lethal to the host and obviously wasn't that contagious given that NO one else caught it despite being in constant close proximity to him.

I replied to a similar question on quora a couple years back, and came to the conclusion that Bruce would be better off just feeding Goku Alfred's home cooking whenever he stops by.

Bruce should go back to the Hostess comic book ad style of defense, and chuck some Twinkies at Kakarot.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Bruce should go back to the Hostess comic book ad style of defense, and chuck some Twinkies at Kakarot.
    Goku can use IT. If he chooses not to teleport, he can fly. If he doesn't want to fly, he uses Kinto-un.

Screw all that, we need to give Goku a real Goku-Copter. And I don't mean him regrowing his tail or using the Nyoibo for a propeller. I mean a bad ass 70s yellow chopper.

BREAKING NEWS: Former Billionaire Bruce Wayne has gone broke after buying enough Hostess products to satiate a walking black hole in humanoid form.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Goku can use IT. If he chooses not to teleport, he can fly. If he doesn't want to fly, he uses Kinto-un.

Screw all that, we need to give Goku a real Goku-Copter. And I don't mean him regrowing his tail or using the Nyoibo for a propeller. I mean a bad ass 70s yellow chopper.
    I'm sure Thanos can loan him his.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm sure Thanos can loan him his.
    To stop Goku from eating a Cosmic Cube!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Genuine question here...

Would we think Goku is susceptible to radiation poisoning?

The common thing is that DBZ characters have the ability to resist planet sundering energies and so on but what about radiation? If Goku's physiology is such that apparently normal heart disease can kill him, would we assume he wouldn't be poisoned by the radiation of nuke? Like, he can resist the heat and the blast wave but the rads will kill him in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Genuine question here...

The common thing is that DBZ characters have the ability to resist planet sundering energies and so on but what about radiation? If Goku's physiology is such that apparently normal heart disease can kill him, would we assume he wouldn't be poisoned by the radiation of nuke? Like, he can resist the heat and the blast wave but the rads will kill him in the long run.
    Doubtful - it's energy. But again, this is DB, nothing is consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Genuine question here...

Depends on the radiation, because Goku can physically survive in space and all the radiation/etc. that prevails, but not the lack of oxygen. And really, considering the world of DragonBall Z, even if the rads did affect him, then if Bulma didn't built a device to cure him, they could remember they have 7 spherical orbs that can do more than resurrect the dead. Like grant immortality, restore your youth, or cure you of radiation poison/heart disease.

Then again, Bulma built a time machine to send Trunks back in time to deliver heart disease medicine yet Goku still got heart disease.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis