Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Batman vs Goku

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Not quite. Radiation can also mutate your cells causing all kinds of health risks including cancer.
    and if marvel has taught us anything, cancer kills everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and if marvel has taught us anything, cancer kills everyone.
    Except Deadpool.

Though Norman did try to kill him by *curing* it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Not quite. Radiation can also mutate your cells causing all kinds of health risks including cancer.
    It mutates your cells by damaging them.

At any rate, the energies they toss at each other can shatter dimensions and overpower time. Suggesting Chernobyl would be an issue feels off. Whereas a toxin or disease feels a bit more tricky and is less of an aggressive energy type thing and more of a body exploit thing.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I imagine a Goku buster armor would include some radiation weapons, since the Justice Buster armor already had those red sun knuckles, but I don't think they'd be a go to strategy regardless. Joker toxin seems more likely to work and faster acting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It mutates your cells by damaging them.

At any rate, the energies they toss at each other can shatter dimensions and overpower time. Suggesting Chernobyl would be an issue feels off. Whereas a toxin or disease feels a bit more tricky and is less of an aggressive energy type thing and more of a body exploit thing.
    I'm not arguing that it would affect this Rumble. Just the point about radiation.

I'm not arguing that it would affect this Rumble. Just the point about radiation.
    Your still not getting my point then.

Radiation can cause long term cancers and mutations because it breaks down cell structures, dna etc.

Breaks them down. It damages them. The cancers and mutations are a result of the damage. They are merely a symptom of the damage accrued. Goku should be much too durable to have his cells damaged by radiation given the other stuff he shrugs off.

Toxins trick your body into damaging itself, so its different.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Honestly, you people are thinking WAY too hard about this;

Batman gives Goku a standardized test. Goku, whom has NEVER had an actual education (beyond a few basics from Roshi and whatever Chichi drilled into his head), fails spectacularly.

Batman wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Batman simply needs to prepare Goku's two biggest weaknesses: Needles and Chi-Chi.
    So Goku's skin can be pierced? Can't Batman inject that nano VR thing he had in Tower of Babel for Wonder Woman? Make Goku think he's continually fighting an enemy until he exhausts himself. Or he can just inject one of those Suicide Squad bomb things into him and blow his head off.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So Goku's skin can be pierced? Can't Batman inject that nano VR thing he had in Tower of Babel for Wonder Woman? Make Goku think he's continually fighting an enemy until he exhausts himself. Or he can just inject one of those Suicide Squad bomb things into him and blow his head off.
    Maybe? DBZ did reveal that something as simple as throwing a rock could still hurt Goku if unprepared (not like wounding hurt, but rather just "Ouch" hurt), but Goku's fear of needles was played for laughs because of how silly that someone so strong would be afraid of something so mundane.

I highly doubt a standard needle would work against him, but Bruce might be able to whip up a needle that could pierce him? Then again, he's going to have an entirely different fight trying to poke Goku with it considering the fit he threw while in a hospital bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Maybe? DBZ did reveal that something as simple as throwing a rock could still hurt Goku if unprepared (not like wounding hurt, but rather just "Ouch" hurt), but Goku's fear of needles was played for laughs because of how silly that someone so strong would be afraid of something so mundane.

I highly doubt a standard needle would work against him, but Bruce might be able to whip up a needle that could pierce him? Then again, he's going to have an entirely different fight trying to poke Goku with it considering the fit he threw while in a hospital bed.

If Goku doesnt use ki, even a normal laser pistol can hurt him. I'm pretty sure Batman could whip up a delivery vehicle and sneak well enough to get the drop on Goku. Batman has tech to sneak up on Superman after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Batman gives Goku a standardized test. Goku, whom has NEVER had an actual education (beyond a few basics from Roshi and whatever Chichi drilled into his head), fails spectacularly.

Batman wins.
    Ehh, I still like my "Batman Bankrolls Goku's Buffet, Provides Jobs for Local Economic Growth" idea better. Batman may technically win, but ultimately everybody wins.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Not that I have a means of payload delivery, but while Goku's skin can be pierced, he really has to be caught off guard (for one, he can parry super-strength sword strikes with just his finger). Even when he *is* caught off guard from lack of training, bullets only bruise him and don't pierce -- and that was at a weaker default power level than what we ultimately got.

Now, for sure there are things out there that pierce deeper than bullets with the right speed and force. But I'd also posit the fact that Goku sweats, and therefore has sweat pores. If there's a toxin or agent that can seep into his pores (like uranium), then that removes the need to pierce the skin altogether.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Batman wins.
    He did actually manage to get a barely passing grade for a standard test during DBS.

It was for a tournament against universe 6 and Vegeta had suggested they include tests since he didn't think any idiot should be part of the tournament, completely forgetting who his rival is I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    If Goku doesnt use ki, even a normal laser pistol can hurt him. I'm pretty sure Batman could whip up a delivery vehicle and sneak well enough to get the drop on Goku. Batman has tech to sneak up on Superman after all.
    He can't sneak up on Goku in the Arena. In a scenario match maybe he can release some kind of airborne virus around Goku while he is unaware.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    He did actually manage to get a barely passing grade for a standard test during DBS.

It was for a tournament against universe 6 and Vegeta had suggested they include tests since he didn't think any idiot should be part of the tournament, completely forgetting who his rival is I guess.
    I think it was intentional tbh.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

He can't sneak up on Goku in the Arena. In a scenario match maybe he can release some kind of airborne virus around Goku while he is unaware.
    No, though it does raise an interesting question of what baseline Goku would start at. Most characters with force fields don't start with them up unless they are autoshields. If Goku has to consciously raise his durability, wouldn't he default to his "resting" state? I'd imagine stipulating he begins a fight at SSB or something would suffice, but that wouldn't be assumed anymore than Magneto starting with a field up.

If you assume the laser shot thing is valid and not just a plot hole, it does actually make Goku a lot more susceptible to blitz than one would assume.