Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Cyclops vs Jean Grey would be likely successors, him for Magneto and her for Xavier. Storm would be great, too.

This panels represents SO MUCH of the white supremacy being discussed as we speak and the avengers are being much conniving, if not denying, racism and police/government brutality in a really sharp analogy.
    Last edited by crimsontt; 06-07-2020 at 07:50 PM.

What's that Cyclops page from? I hate those moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    X was terrible but Hickman has breathed in new life into them and has made Xavier interesting again. I dont think Magneto has really suffered

How did the Moira retcon torpedo Xavier's goodwill? He's by and large been considered a shady character for the past 20 years with other retcons already ruining him. His dream was built on lies and that didnt just start with HoX
    I said it torpedoed his goodwill because it retconned his very first moments, meaning from day 1 he was lying and manipulating everyone, and not going down that path later. But that's a whole rant that I don't feel like doing now. Frankly he's an incredibly shitty person and everyone shouldn't be giving him the time of day at this point. And that's BEFORE the Moira retcon further buried him in ****. Hell, before Hickman, one of the last stories he showed up in had Jean, Warren, Beast and Iceman meeting over dinner and all realizing that Charles kind of ruined their lives by making them his personal child soldiers. Xavier showed up and basically said tough, and it kind of implied that he mind controlled them right there and then to be happy with their lot in life.

The idea of regional teams/divides is a great one! Its honestly pretty absurd that mutantkind is doomed if two wealthy white guys don't lead the charge. It smacks of mighty whitey type junk. I've always wished that they spent more time seeing how the rest of the world treated mutants.

I feel that Angel would be a much bigger player without Xavier.

Even before the Professor found him, he was a superhero. I can easily seem him deciding to run his own team and try to push his mutant status to further become a celebrity.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

“doing nothing”

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Yeah you see here's the thing a lot of people seem to be forgetting, without Xavier around to help them a lot of the X-Men's lives would be drastically different than they are now. Cyclops & Jean would never have gotten to where they are right now if Charles hadn't come and fetched them, Storm would probably be a vessel for the Shadow King or at the very least remained in Africa, Wolverine might still be part of Department H if he wasn't just shuffled off to another government program or went rogue entirely, etc.

I do not believe for a moment that Scott would have risen to any position of leadership within the mutant community without Xavier there to guide him or Jean's influence to push him, especially with Sinister keeping tabs on him from behind the scenes. Jean would have never developed the level of control she has over her powers without Xavier giving her the necessary training to do so. Without Scott & Jean getting together in any capacity there would be no Rachel or Cable. Logan would probably still psychologically be a mess from years of mind control and tampering.

This is pretty much my point, in every alternate reality that Xavier and/or Magneto aren't around Marvel acts like things would spiral out to the worst possible outcome vs life going on as normal. Too many variables exist to make me believe that any one individual would be able to swoop in and just take over. Even without Xavier the X-Men were always going to pop up, it was always just going to be a matter of when and who.
    Completely agree. Scott would be in Sinister's hands, Jean would be in a coma and also taken by Sinister without Xavier to get to her first, Warren would be a solo hero but probably wouldn't function very long by himself, Bobby would be in jail at best, and Hank would be forced to be a criminal. Kurt would likely have been killed by the mob, Peter would never have left Russia, and Ororo would likely be under the Shadow King's thrall although if she did somehow manage to escape him, she'd likely be worshiped as a goddess or T'Challa would eventually have found her and they'd still get married but much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I guess it's all the cartoons, but I can't stand it when people think Shadow King owned Ororo as a child. He didn't. Ororo was essentially the ward of Achmed El Gibar, the king of thieves in Cairo, and had no relationship with Shadow King. Shadow King was also in Cairo, and may or may not have been aware of Achmed and Ororo, but it was only by happenstance that Ororo ran near Shadow King's bar when evading from Charles(after having stolen his wallet), and it was him using his psi powers to stop her that alerted SK to his presence(which led to their duel). That's the origin of SK's beef with Ororo(although an ancestral promise has also been thrown out there in the canon). Ororo never worked for Shadow King, and other than that brief time in Nightcrawler's solo, SK has never been able to control Ororo against her will.
    Before the Muir Island Saga, Shadow King claimed that Ororo had been promised to him since before she was even born or something like that. It's possible he was in Cairo specifically because Ororo was there and only Xavier's interference saved Ororo from that fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I feel that Angel would be a much bigger player without Xavier.

Even before the Professor found him, he was a superhero. I can easily seem him deciding to run his own team and try to push his mutant status to further become a celebrity.
    I thought that too but it's possible that Cameron Hodge would have sabotaged him back then before Warren ever got a chance to join another team like the Avengers or come out publicly. And Warren by himself would likely have been tricked by Hodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean vs Polaris would be better and honestly what should have been done in ResurrXion
    I agree. I would have liked to have seen this and it would have been the natural state of things with Jean as Xavier's chosen successor and Lorna as Magneto's.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    “doing nothing”

Half of these posts have just been hating on Wanda (pretending not to know who she is lol) or Steve. I expect we'll see some hate directed towards Medusa or Carol soon.

I forgot the shade thrown at the Fantastic Four as well. Can't forget that.
    Last edited by whitecrown; 06-07-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

In this AU I think Xavier could have married Moira so he wasn´t as big a part on the development on mutants and Magneto maybe dind´t lose Anya and had the twins with Magda so he never founded the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants making Mystique the founder on this world but I can see her making an alliance with all the other mutant teams to fight off Apocalypse and this could be the origin for the X-men on this AU similar to the avengers but focused on mutant issues.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member

Cyclops vs Jean Grey would be likely successors, him for Magneto and her for Xavier. Storm would be great, too.

But would they have these kinds of opinions without Xavier and Magneto though?

I mean Jean's position comes from being one of Xavier's first pupils and Scott's position at this point was formed by his own experience but also at this point of time (well at least since he joined Utopia) Magneto was kinda a father figure for him.

Plus a lot of Scott's nastier decisions and actions rose from being trained and treated as a child soldier leader. He's kind of a seriously broken individual because of Xavier and Magneto.

Now I'm curious how an AU of Nick Fury recruiting mutants would have turned out. It could go south with how bad SHIELD has been handled, or go better by having mutants be front and center with more of a law enforcement angle.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Half of these posts have just been hating on Wanda (pretending not to know who she is lol) or Steve. I expect we'll see some hate directed towards Medusa or Carol soon.

All this cold bitterness between the mutants and others like the Fantastic Four makes me miss the days when Claremont wrote scenes like this (X-Men Annual #14, 1990).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Plus a lot of Scott's nastier decisions and actions rose from being trained and treated as a child soldier leader. He's kind of a seriously broken individual because of Xavier and Magneto.

Now I'm curious how an AU of Nick Fury recruiting mutants would have turned out. It could go south with how bad SHIELD has been handled, or go better by having mutants be front and center with more of a law enforcement angle.
    I mean he was technically already broken before Xavier, courtesy of plane crash & Sinister & Winters, but Xavier taking in an abused kid and turning him into the general of his child soldier army is pretty f***ed up too, if you really think about it.

I don't think Fury recruiting mutants would have been better than Xavier / Magneto though, maybe few of the X-Men individuals' lives would have gone better if they had joined SHIELD, but in general I don't think it would have helped mutantkind in general.

She's a woman who married an android and has a gay and bisexual sons. Hardly a nuclear family. Sure she has, just not in books you've read about her since she's in the Avengers. It's strange that you dislike her for simply being a mutant who wasn't in the X-line. Since when did the X-men ever give her the time of day to do that? Why didn't they reach out? (Because they were in separate line of books.) Yet Sunspot can lead an Avengers team and gets a free pass.

And Cannonball and Rogue and Beast and Namor and Justice and Firestar and Wolverine and

https://nerdist.com/article/14-marve...ers-and-x-men/
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    All this cold bitterness between the mutants and others like the Fantastic Four makes me miss the days when Claremont wrote scenes like this (X-Men Annual #14, 1990).

^^^Some ppl think the only way to show they like one thing, is to hate something else.

It’s not exclusive to comics fans. I’ve been to a Bears/Packers game.
    Those guys could give these guys lessons.

On topic though, it’d be a nice twist if w.out Xavier and Magneto, at least one of the X-Men’s well known villains ended up taking a different path and becoming a positive influence/rallying point for mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Looking at his Secret Warriors, it would have ended bad. Very bad.