Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

If mutants REALLY want to be accepted, one of the biggest PR moves they could pull would be rounding up known mutant terrorists and serial killers, such as Magneto, Sabretooth, Mystique, etc and turning them over to human authorities to pay for their crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If mutants REALLY want to be accepted, one of the biggest PR moves they could pull would be rounding up known mutant terrorists and serial killers, such as Magneto, Sabretooth, Mystique, etc and turning them over to human authorities to pay for their crimes.
    That wont change anything

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It makes a statement telling the world that mutants don't want that kind representing them and they won't put up with it either. Plus it gets a number of the people responsible for the population hating mutants off the street.

It certainly accomplishes more than the multiple times mutants have threatened the world governments or them putting Magneto in charge.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not one damn thing.
    The humans have an issue with ALL mutants, good and "bad"...else they wouldn't be capturing and experimenting on innocent mutant children and continually finding ways to eradicate them ALL.

But I do applaud Alan2099 for his sarcastic wit.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It makes a statement telling the world that mutants don't want that kind representing them and they won't put up with it either. Plus it gets a number of the people responsible for the population hating mutants off the street.

It certainly accomplishes more than the multiple times mutants have threatened the world governments or them putting Magneto in charge.
    When has that ever worked? The X-men have worked with law officials before and have captured terrorist mutants for them. Its never done anything to change public perception. Not even an inch on that needle

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not one damn thing.
    The humans have an issue with ALL mutants, good and "bad"...else they wouldn't be capturing and experimenting on innocent mutant children and continually finding ways to eradicate them ALL.

Then why should mutants bother saving them if they never achieve anything. Hell look at the protests going that that is starting to make a dent in the racism of certain police unions, but mutants can't make one person not want to kill them?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Then why should mutants bother saving them if they never achieve anything. Hell look at the protests going that that is starting to make a dent in the racism of certain police unions, but mutants can't make one person not want to kill them?
    Because, they're Heroes - "Feared and Hated by a world they have sworn to protect"...that's been their MO from day one.
    That clearly hasn't changed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Not one damn thing.

Mr. Sinister is standing right there, on the Quiet Council. Hell, Apocalypse and have had their share of mad scientist moments too. Almost none of the times mutant children have been rounded up for mass experimentation has it been any kind of government or official thing. The closest I can think of was in the recent Uncanny run.

Current events have highlighted again how little mutants have actually accomplished for me. Police reforms that seemed like pipe dreams a month ago are being enacted, with policies like defunding police becoming legit positions in just a few weeks.

Things did seem to get worse and worse for mutants as they started letting more and more of their villains into their ranks. I wonder if anyone has done a deep dive on how they worked with other heroes less and less, and kept making more and more deals with their previous bad guys?
    Last edited by pkingdom; 06-10-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Because, they're Heroes - "Feared and Hated by a world they have sworn to protect"...that's been their MO from day one.
    That clearly hasn't changed.
    Heroes is not a term you can throw around especially with someone like Magneto.

bc not every human hates mutants. The vast majority of mutants came from human parents and they have human friends and family out there. That would be like expecting a gay person to turn their backs against all straight people just bc they are hated by some. Like a gay person still has straight family and friends and not all hate them

Heroes is not a term you can throw around especially with someone like Magneto.
    Not every single person the X-men ally themselves with is a hero but that doesnt mean that X-men arent heroes

bc not every human hates mutants. The vast majority of mutants came from human parents and they have human friends and family out there. That would be like expecting a gay person to turn their backs against all straight people just bc they are hated by some. Like a gay person still has straight family and friends and not all hate them
    I see a lot of people posting like its an out and out race war between all mutants and all humans, which gets a little tiresome because of that exact reason you just said.

Not every single person the X-men ally themselves with is a hero but that doesnt mean that X-men arent heroes
    That's kind of my personal problem with a lot of stuff going on in the comics now. At a certain point you can ally with people so terrible that you can't be considered a hero anymore. Working with them, giving them a position of power and authority, makes you a worse person by association. It gets harder and harder to root for them.

The difficulty in rooting for them lies solely with the reader.

I (and others) clearly have no such issues.

In my head and eyes they're still heroes, regardless of their associations.

Astonishing Member

Sure it did. Things have only gotten worse when the mutants openly sided with super-villains and this began before krakoa. Like with Osborn, and HYDRA.

How is the X-men letting Apocalypse destroy the human race going to improve public relations for their people?

The difficulty in rooting for them lies solely with the reader.

I (and others) clearly have no such issues.

In my head and eyes they're still heroes, regardless of their associations.
    This is more than about associations, this is the X-men selling out their ideals. You amy have given up on Xavier's dream but the X-men shouldn't. Joining Osborn and HYDRA aren't ideas to be celebrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sure it did. Things have only gotten worse when the mutants openly sided with super-villains and this began before krakoa. Like with Osborn, and HYDRA.

How is the X-men letting Apocalypse destroy the human race going to improve public relations for their people?

This is more than about associations, this is the X-men selling out their ideals. You amy have given up on Xavier's dream but the X-men shouldn't. Joining Osborn and HYDRA aren't ideas to be celebrated.
    Either read my post clearly, please, or stop responding to them.
    No where, in those three lines do I state that I've "given up on Xavier's dream".
    Stop mis-reading, mis-representing, mis-construing, mis-quoting my posts to fit a skewed interpretation of what is written within the comic book pages.
    Just. Stop.

Astonishing Member

Either read my post clearly, please, or stop responding to them.
    No where, in those three lines do I state that I've "given up on Xavier's dream".
    I was reading the intent clearly, it's irritating when you say one thing and when called out pretend you're doing something else. The X-men aren't living up to Xavier's ideals right now and Cyclops stopped doing that with Utopia. This pseudo Brotherhood Hickman's writing about is a very intriguing concept but it's got nothing to do with Xavier's dream. It's about the implication, you don't need to say it to believe it.

Stop mis-reading, mis-representing, mis-construing, mis-quoting my posts to fit a skewed interpretation of what is written within the comic book pages.
    Just. Stop.
    I'm not doing any of the above, I just don't blindly accept what you're saying as if the X-men getting into bed with cartels is the right thing to do. Maybe instead of shutting down the conversation figure out why someone would think siding with Krakoa could be viewed as problematic? Discussions are about exchanging ideas, not only talking to people you agree with.