Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default X-World without Xavier or Magneto

Right, am I the only person sick of seeing everything go to pot if Xavier isn't around to form the X-Men? Like literally everything falls apart for mutants and the world if he isn't there to rally the mutants together and preach about his dream, we've seen this happen during Age of Apocalypse, Age of X, and to some degree in House of M. The only other real constant in any of these events is that without Xavier everyone seems to rally under Magneto to varying of what could be called success at best and merely surviving at worst. Are we honestly saying that these are literally the only two guys out there that the mutant community would rally under? That no one else would have been able to take their place and supplant them?

I think it would be cool to see an event play out in which Magneto and Xavier have both been removed from the board before either had the chance to establish themselves to their respective causes and where the world HASN'T turned into a post-apocalyptic wasteland or fascist dystopia. In other words an alternate reality in which the world is fundamentally the same save that the players have changed. It would be interesting to see how teams like the X-Men and Brotherhood form without Xavier and Magneto around, particular who would rise up to take their place and how their absence would affect the X-Men as a whole. Rather than focusing on the same core characters (Scott, Logan, etc.) the event could be a good way to give other characters a chance to shine and see how they acclimate to a post-Xavier world.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think we saw the X-men without Xavier and Magneto pre and post HoM, most of the decimation era, Utopia and back at the mansion after their war with the Inhumans. Cyclops was the leader for most of this period, then it was Logan, Kitty on X-men Gold, Storm and Magneto on X-men Blue but he shared most of it with the O5. Multiple man also had a very interesting run with X-factor Investigations that was quite good and even had his doubts about Scottīs leadership,during the Utopia era, withougoing overborad with it the way Logan did.

Before HoM we even had Claremontīs 80īs X-men with Storm as the main X-leader and Scott with the O5 X-men over at X-factor, the 90īs were the time where Xavier shinned the most as leader of the X-men imo.

Now with Hickman we are back with Xavier at the center so I think in the end because of the nature of comics things will be different after Hickman is done with the story. I think he should use more most of the characters at his dispossal and going out with less known X-men who have not had the chance to have their stories told in a long time but this doesnīt mean Xavier or Magneto are always at the center specially since for a long while before Hickmanīs era they were absent or as supporting characters.

On the other hand I can understand and agree with the need to see other X-characters besides the main ones, specially Xavier and Magneto, as more than cameos on the different titles, if we could see this I think it would be good for the franchise.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-06-2020 at 10:18 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Cyclops vs Jean Grey would be likely successors, him for Magneto and her for Xavier. Storm would be great, too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Cyclops vs Jean Grey would be likely successors, him for Magneto and her for Xavier. Storm would be great, too.

Thats actually an even richer dynamic imo to have Cyclops as Magneto and Jean as Xavier

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Right, am I the only person sick of seeing everything go to pot if Xavier isn't around to form the X-Men? Like literally everything falls apart for mutants and the world if he isn't there to rally the mutants together and preach about his dream, we've seen this happen during Age of Apocalypse, Age of X, and to some degree in House of M. The only other real constant in any of these events is that without Xavier everyone seems to rally under Magneto to varying of what could be called success at best and merely surviving at worst. Are we honestly saying that these are literally the only two guys out there that the mutant community would rally under? That no one else would have been able to take their place and supplant them?

I think it would be cool to see an event play out in which Magneto and Xavier have both been removed from the board before either had the chance to establish themselves to their respective causes and where the world HASN'T turned into a post-apocalyptic wasteland or fascist dystopia. In other words an alternate reality in which the world is fundamentally the same save that the players have changed. It would be interesting to see how teams like the X-Men and Brotherhood form without Xavier and Magneto around, particular who would rise up to take their place and how their absence would affect the X-Men as a whole. Rather than focusing on the same core characters (Scott, Logan, etc.) the event could be a good way to give other characters a chance to shine and see how they acclimate to a post-Xavier world.
    It would definitely be interesting to see because plenty of mutants could step up. Made me remember the 198 storyline with Mister M leading his own group of mutants. I could even see more focus on mutants joining the Avengers and organizations like Shield or Hydra whoever without Magneto and Xavier around. It may even be interesting to explore a timeline where Moira realizes these two are part of tge problem and takes both out early

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Thats actually an even richer dynamic imo to have Cyclops as Magneto and Jean as Xavier
    So instead of the MLK/Malcolm X dynamic that Xavier/Magneto had, it would be more of a Dorothy Cotton/Louis X scenario.
    Only in this case there’s also a long romantic/sexual history between the two idealistically opposed leaders.
    Well that would be some passionate debating and heck of a soap opera rivalry.

BANNED

nah its storm and cyclops, it should always be betwen those two.

Nah.

XxxxxX

BANNED

jean's tenure as jeansus red really doesnt count to give her leadership status since she basicaly did nothing of value, had help from two sovereign leaders and still managed to return to the same position she was in issue one and say nothing.
    Emma and kitty are worthier of leadership than jean by feats alone, jean only works as a distant dead saint.
    If the baldies leave, it should always be betwen storm and cyclops
    Last edited by Ferro; 06-07-2020 at 02:21 AM.

^^^Magneto is bald?
    Interesting, did not know that!

Anyway, in agreement w. Steel Inquisitor and GodfatherIV.
    Scott/Jean, great choices. Will not beat dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    jean's tenure as jeansus red really doesnt count to give her leadership status since she basicaly did nothing of value, had help from two sovereign leaders and still managed to return to the same position she was in issue one and say nothing.
    Emma and kitty are worthier of leadership than jean by feats alone, jean only works as a distant dead saint.
    If the baldies leave, it should always be betwen storm and cyclops
    Yeah I'd go with Storm and Cyclops too. These two could also be much more balanced than Mags and Xavier (as in, see more of each other perspective).

Current Magneto and Xavier are pretty much on the same side now, but we might get disagreements down the line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Magneto is bald?
    Interesting, did not know that!

Anyway, in agreement w. Steel Inquisitor and GodfatherIV.
    Scott/Jean, great choices. Will not beat dead horse.
    he was after avx.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post

Maybe I'm missing something but Xavier hasn't been a central leadership figure since the Morrison era. He only returned to prominence under Hickman, so there are years worth of stories without him rallying the X-Men under his dream. The school even switched to being named after Jean.

World without Xavier or Magneto ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    World without Xavier or Magneto ...

already better than jean weaponizing the truth agaist the evil biggotry inducing robots.