Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Exactly, Xavier being shady is not something recent. Morrison already pointed out the hypocrisy that the mutant champion pretended to be human and was basically a millionaire white man.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You completely missed his point.
    Yes it seems I did

I think Storm vs Mystique instead of Professor X and Magneto could happen. I donīt really see Scott as magneto, not even during the Utopia era but as a rivarly inside the X-men on different approaches, that would be very interesting.

I also agree Xavier is neccesary as a founder for any kind of X-men to exist, I agree there can be other teams but those would be different to the X-men wev know. Even the X-men from the AoA had the memory of Xavier to try and build something around it. Xavier not only adds a name, training and a place to live, he also added a phylosophy that most characters share as adults, thatīs why if we want to replace him as the X-men founder we also have to think on a new phylosopy for that group of mutants to follow.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-07-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes it seems I did

I think Storm vs Mystique instead of Professor X and Magneto could happen. I donīt really see Scott as magneto, not even during the Utopia era but as a rivarly inside the X-men on different approaches, that would be very interesting.

I also agree Xavier is neccesary as a founder for any kind of X-men to exist, I agree there can be other teams but those would be different to the X-men wev know. Even the X-men from the AoA had the memory of Xavier to try and build something around it.
    If Xavier and Magneto never existed, I dont see a scenario where Cyclops nor Storm would have stepped out as leaders for mankind. Scott wa s way to introverted. Alot of his major decisions and developments early on were bc he was pushed, whether it be by Xavier or Jean and without either's influence, I think he would have needed someone else to step forward and see something in him. He wouldnt have taken the initiative to be a voice for mutantkind without that

Storm, probably would have stayed in Africa letting people praise her as a goddess. Xavier plucking her out of there and telling her she wasnt was a big defining game changer for her. I think she'd have been motivated to helping people of Kenya and Africa as a whole over mutantkind, which she didnt truly identify with until Xavier

If Xavier and Magneto never existed, I dont see a scenario where Cyclops nor Storm would have stepped out as leaders for mankind. Scott wa s way to introverted. Alot of his major decisions and developments early on were bc he was pushed, whether it be by Xavier or Jean and without either's influence, I think he would have needed someone else to step forward and see something in him. He wouldnt have taken the initiative to be a voice for mutantkind without that

Storm, probably would have stayed in Africa letting people praise her as a goddess. Xavier plucking her out of there and telling her she wasnt was a big defining game changer for her. I think she'd have been motivated to helping people of Kenya and Africa as a whole over mutantkind, which she didnt truly identify with until Xavier
    Maybe she could meet TīChalla as adults on africa and know sheīs really a mutants that would help to position her as a possible leader of mutants.

With Scott I agree because thatīs exactly what happened to him on the AoA under the guidance of Sinister, I think that if leave alone he would be like HoM Scott, he would have his family ,would be active to defend mutants but would not be as big a figure for them unless he was pushed in some way towards that by outside events.

Mystique is the one I clearly see being a leader of a brotherhood because thatīs exactly what she did when Magneto stopped pushing for that in canon.

Edit. Along with Mystique Apocalypse and Sinister would take Magnetoīs place just like they did on AoA
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-07-2020 at 02:06 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

It is very difficult to know what would have become of Cyclops without Xavier. And if you remove Scott from the board, you also remove Nate Grey, Rachel Summers, and Cable, which further complicates what-ifs.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

More regional leaders or factions, with Shaw/Emma and Mystique/Destiny in the Americas, the Braddocks in Europe, Sunfire in Japan and parts of Asia, and Storm as Queen of Wakanda. I omitted Moira because with the new continuity she's tricky to place. Rogue would be really similar to Cyclops in this world, eventually breaking from Mystique, and along with Warpath, Firestar, Kitty, and maybe Sunspot (who would all quit the Hellions) would form the closest analog to the 616 X-Men in this hypothetical reality.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 06-07-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    why is a non mutant involved in mutant issues or even leadership? wanda isnt a. mutant or an x-men, she lacks that one "conection" that matters"
    and solidarity ??? dont make me laugh, those never had any for mutants, not in genosha, not in the decimation, not when the phoenix came and certainnly not during the terrigen crisis.

The Scarlet Bitch

also the woman in such a desperate need for traditional western values of nuclear family and stability she made up half of said family.
    who pretty much never not once spoke up about mutants or in "solidarity" to the x-men
    I'll take that as a no on 'give peace a chance'.
    Apocalypse it is, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    More regional leaders or factions, with Shaw/Emma and Mystique/Destiny in the Americas, the Braddocks in Europe, Sunfire in Japan and parts of Asia, and Storm as Queen of Wakanda. I omitted Moira because with the new continuity she's tricky to place. Rogue would be really similar to Cyclops in this world, eventually breaking from Mystique, and along with Warpath, Firestar, Kitty, and maybe Sunspot (who would all quit the Hellions) would form the closest analog to the 616 X-Men in this hypothetical reality.
    ^^^this is pretty interesting, and would provide the basis for a lot of interesting stories and intrigue.
    Well done.

BANNED

i love this idea, really interesting idea

Yup, it really is!

Mighty Member

There is no guarantee that any of those mutants would become leaders. Shaw and Emma were to much into acquiring power, wealth and influence for themselves. Brian isn't a mutant and Betsy wasn't prominent. And Shiro is a nationalist for Japan and too loyal to the government and their interests. And there is absolutely no reason to believe Storm would become Queen of Wakanda. I think without Xavier a scenario like "Days of Future Past" is more likely to become reality. Without a Xavier founded X-men existing mutants are in a much dire predicament and are more likely to be exterminated. Like him or not the man is pivotal to mutantkind, at least in the 616.

Yes this could work and with Apocalypse as the main adversary it would give them all a reason to unite

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    There is no guarantee that any of those mutants would become leaders. Shaw and Emma were to much into acquiring power, wealth and influence for themselves. Brian isn't a mutant and Betsy wasn't prominent. And Shiro is a nationalist for Japan and too loyal to the government and their interests. And there is absolutely no reason to believe Storm would become Queen of Wakanda. I think without Xavier a scenario like "Days of Future Past" is more likely to become reality. Without a Xavier founded X-men existing mutants are in a much dire predicament and are more likely to be exterminated. Like him or not the man is pivotal to mutantkind, at least in the 616.
    Well, his scenario’s just as valid as your re-hash of the already done DoFP.
    We’re just positing here after all.

Astonishing Member

also the woman in such a desperate need for traditional western values of nuclear family and stability she made up half of said family.
    who pretty much never not once spoke up about mutants or in "solidarity" to the x-men
    She's a woman who married an android and has a gay and bisexual sons. Hardly a nuclear family. Sure she has, just not in books you've read about her since she's in the Avengers. It's strange that you dislike her for simply being a mutant who wasn't in the X-line. Since when did the X-men ever give her the time of day to do that? Why didn't they reach out? (Because they were in separate line of books.) Yet Sunspot can lead an Avengers team and gets a free pass.

And Cannonball and Rogue and Beast and Namor and Justice and Firestar and Wolverine and

https://nerdist.com/article/14-marve...ers-and-x-men/

Incredible Member

Forget the Scarlet Witch, Is Hawkeye blind or something? It's like he called bullshit because Cyclops was the one making a point, not if he's wrong or right. That moron's up there with the Invisible Woman and her idiot brother.