View Poll Results: What option fits you better, when it comes to Peter's main romantic interests?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwen and no other

1 3.23%
  • Gwen followed by Felcia and no other

0 0%
  • Gwen followed by MJ and no other

2 6.45%
  • Gwen followed by Felcia and MJ (in that order)

1 3.23%
  • Gwen followed by MJ and Felcia (in that order)

3 9.68%
  • Felicia and no other

0 0%
  • Felicia followed by Gwen and no other

1 3.23%
  • Felicia followed by MJ and no other

1 3.23%
  • Felicia followed by MJ and Gwen (in that order)

1 3.23%
  • Felicia followed by Gwen and MJ (in that order)

1 3.23%
  • MJ and no other

7 22.58%
  • MJ followed by Felcia and no other

0 0%
  • MJ followed by Gwen and no other

0 0%
  • MJ followed by Felcia and Gwen (in that order)

5 16.13%
  • MJ followed by Gwen and Felicia (in that order)

8 25.81%
    BANNED

Default How much do you like Gwen?

This is the last companion thread to the one about MJ. You should read the information there, as well as the one about Felicia, in case you have any doubts.

I was hoping you would keep going until you got to Ana Soria.

Astonishing Member

What about the ones for all of Peter's other love interests?

Spectacular Member

For me, I personally prefer Mary Jane over Gwen. Gwen was okay but I find her character to be too boring…. and it got completely ruined after the story “Sins past” came out.

BANNED

As I explained, three was the maximum I could do with the number of choices allowed, also, these three are way ahead of the rest.

Mary Jane is not worthy to lift Gwen's headband and call upon the thunder and the lightning.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mj is better

I went for the second last, but that doesn’t deny Gwen has this lasting quality as a character, even though I’m a harsh critic. Some people can be difficult as characters, and I found Gwen Stacy like that. But the effect she had on Peter Parker was very powerful, in that Peter was completely, emotionally, immersed in Gwen Stacy. That’s got to be the strongest effect on Peter in comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    That’s got to be the strongest effect on Peter
    If we're talking about normal relationships, agreed. But I don't think he was ever as shocked as here (even if she was cheating):

ASM213_13.jpg

indifferent to her really I just knew her as the girl thats dies due to the Green Goblin from the official handbook of the marvel universe Spider-man. Also learned that she had kids with green goblin too confuse my brain as a kid. Now that I'm older I still see her as that unfortunately like I know they try to add more to her character to make her way more than her death but I didn't really care. Like when TASM was announced I like Emma Stone portrayal of her character but in my mind I was expecting her to die and it didn't help in the second movie how they kept showing it in in the trailers as well. And now that she has a Spider counterpart running around I feel like its lessen the importance of the original in some way.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

I was waiting to get 100 voters, but I got tired, so I compiled the 85 that have already participated (114 votes, 29 repeated & not counted). I assigned values to every category and made the following diagram. This is how much people like each character, according to the poll:

meta-chart.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I went for the second last, but that doesn’t deny Gwen has this lasting quality as a character, even though I’m a harsh critic. Some people can be difficult as characters, and I found Gwen Stacy like that. But the effect she had on Peter Parker was very powerful, in that Peter was completely, emotionally, immersed in Gwen Stacy. That’s got to be the strongest effect on Peter in comics.
    Uncle Ben’s Death and the prospect of Aunt May dying ( see OMD) had bigger impacts on Peter then ASM 121.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Uncle Ben’s Death and the prospect of Aunt May dying ( see OMD) had bigger impacts on Peter then ASM 121.
    Yes, those two come into the same category as Gwen’s relationship, and her death. I don’t know. Does Peter have over-exaggerated fixations on some people? You look at the way Peter’s decision making is effected by people’s deaths, and Peter seems to take it way too hard. He dedicates his life to vigilantism, he throws MJ out for being around him after Gwen dies, he makes a deal with Mephisto to end his marriage to MJ? This guy is over-emotional.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I grew up reading Peter and MJ as this young hot happy married couple so I don't have anything on Gwen, not even on Cat though I have no problem with all of them.

Astonishing Member

I haven't read the classics so I have no real opinion on the real Gwen. It wasn't until she was adapted into cartoons and movies that I began liking her. Like Spectacular Spider-man and loved Emma Stone's Gwen in Amazing Spider-man. You can really see why Peter fell for her there.