Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Oh, I got two good ones!!!

Either Canceled Eight or Canceled Titans.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Astonishing Member

GJ or Generation Justice

Justice Club (of America)

Is anybody using the name Infinity Inc right now? They could be the new Infinity Inc.

Or they could steal a name from one of Martian Manhunter's old teams and become The Justice Experience!

Either Canceled Eight or Canceled Titans.
    DC used to have a World War II group called The Losers.

It is a good line up, I think it needs a magic-user on the team, I would like to see Amethyst or Traci 13 on that team.

The Collective

Infinity Inc - That name could work since none of the members apart from Power Girl showed up. Blue Beetle and Stargirl can be replacement for Silver Scarab and the Star-Spangled Kid.

The Connected - All of the members are connected to families/legacies (Orphan, Spoiler, BB and Stargirl) and concepts (Amethyst/Traci 13 - Mysticism, Firestorm - Firestorm Matrix, Red Devil - Hell and Sideways - Dark Multiverse). The team could branch out from street level to sci fi to magic.
    Last edited by Incognito; 07-04-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    *face Palm* No. No. Hell no.

I long with ascended and a few others El Gato etc... keep Mentioning that
    Jason, Courtney and Jaime make a fantastic new trinity. . . and I have the perfect name for them.

and you added red devil to that team which is pretty interesting because a complete team DOES need a magic expert but red devil really isn't magical

But you ADDED 2 bat people on that team. . . and thats HORRIBLE. Jeez.
    At one point, a Bat on a team was a sure way to help increase sales. I'm not sure if that's still the case or if the market is finally starting to tire of the Bat centric bullsh*t DC lazily falls back on. Looking at Orlando's JLA and the current Outsiders it doesn't seem like Bats help the way they used to.

I'd hazard that including one Bat is probably still viable and good for business (though not to the degree it was), and that Bat needs to have the pointy-eared silhouette, so I'd be fine keeping Cass (who is a fantastic character) and dumping the other one. Seriously, one Bat is more than enough.

I'd recommend Naomi as a replacement for a second Bat. Her first mini accomplished the impossible and gained readers across issues, and she's got the stuff to become a big player in the DCU as long as nobody screws up the good thing they've got going.

Kid Devil is a interesting addition I probably wouldn't mind keeping, but I'd consider adding in someone else who actually knows about a wide range of magic, like Zach Zatarra or Empress.....maybe Tim Hunter as a left field choice, *if* a writer can find a good way to incorporate him. Hey, Constantine used to be considered incompatible with the regular DCU too, and if he can become a staple so can Tim.

I wouldn't bother with Bunker. He was fun and likable and he did gain a bit of a fan following, but he always struck me as just being a mix of bad Mexican and gay stereotypes and if you're looking for LBGT representation (and you should) you can't go wrong with Aqualad.

But I don't think this book would do well in the direct market regardless of who is involved. There's some exceptions out there, but generally if you're not already a big deal the market won't support you. So I'd look into taking this team where they'll be appreciated and can sell more than 10K; the bookstore OGN market. If Raven can be successful there then so can these guys. If that's not an option for whatever reason then sure, roll the dice on the direct market but the people saying it'd be cancelled before getting started are just putting their money on the safe bet.

As for a team name.....well that depends on what this group is doing, why they're together, what their focus is, all that. But a diverse bunch of kids in 2020? Seems like you could do a lot with that. So I'll offer up "The Protesters" as a potential team name. It'll piss off Fox News, and if you piss those people off you know you're pointed in the right direction.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    At one point, a Bat on a team was a sure way to help increase sales. I'm not sure if that's still the case or if the market is finally starting to tire of the Bat centric bullsh*t DC lazily falls back on. Looking at Orlando's JLA and the current Outsiders it doesn't seem like Bats help the way they used to.
    Part of that is who is on those rosters.

You have factions (inclduing store owners) that don't care for certain charaacters no matter how much you try. That character is the killswitch on somone buying the book.

For some that is a Duke Thomas for others it's Lady Shiva but it's someone.

The market has BEEN tired of Batman. Look at who packs the bins. Not who a certain faction keeps screaming it is. Not the books that CONSTANTLY get thrashed in threads about monthly sales.

It's Batman. Yet the direct market does not listen. Meanwhile the OGN market has Batman books getting beaten by LOL the very books so many trashed. Batman needs QUANTITY control.

If that's not an option for whatever reason then sure, roll the dice on the direct market but the people saying it'd be cancelled before getting started are just putting their money on the safe bet.
    Some of the folks who scream that were NEVER going to buy the book no matter how many bat folks you toss in it. It's just a weapon used to try to keep certain characters out of books.

Betty Page, Red Sonia, Elvira, Vampirella and Dejah Thoris have headlined more books that a LOT of females at Dc & Marvel.

Barbarella who before 2017-last appeared in a comic back before some guy named Michael Jordan got ACCEPTED at North Carolina. She got a book and mini series.

Screw a safe bet.

I rather have a bat folk free book that lasts 24 issues than a Bat book being held hostage by Batman's issues with his Baby Momma's father.

Actually I would replace Spoiler and Black Bat with Jessica Cruz and Wally West because its a Flash and a Green Lantern (ish)

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

The market has BEEN tired of Batman.
    B.S. You can't possibly have that information.
    If you do...

Prove it. Cite your sources. or stop making these ridiculous claims.

Some of the folks who scream that were NEVER going to buy the book no matter how many bat folks you toss in it. It's just a weapon used to try to keep certain characters out of books
    Yeah... no, Ascended, El Gato, and I have like 20 or more posts between us commenting on and illustrating that we kinda think
    Firestorm, Blue Beetle, and Star-girl collectively form the best next gen trinity, and really keeping them away from a bat symbol would be pretty cool, imho.

That character is the killswitch on somone buying the book. For some that is a Duke Thomas for others it's Lady Shiva but it's someone.
    I... I actually agree with that but its not "Factions" people don't need to be a part of a faction to not like a mediocre offering.

There are characters that individually think are ridiculous in appearance or origin or scope, or in their meta-position in the universe. I find Duke Thomas is one of them. Not a store owner... Not a faction member... just a regular
    black guy who can't help but laugh his ass off and a guy in gotham, wearing a bright yellow batsuit calling himself "The Signal".
    FFS. . . I literally laugh out loud when I think about that and How BIG the batfamily has gotten. It just silly to me when none of them die, and stay dead. Just a bunch of non-metas fighting metas and getting shot at everynight for years... and NOW
    this signal character too. I just can't.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 07-04-2020 at 06:37 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I rather have a bat folk free book that lasts 24 issues than a Bat book being held hostage by Batman's issues with his Baby Momma's father.
    I'd rather have a successful OGN, with or without a Bat, that can expose these characters to a new generation of readers, than a direct market floppy that'll only last 24 issues with or without a Bat.

And let's be honest, if your biggest draw is Stargirl....you're probably not gonna last much longer than 24 issues in the current market no matter what you do. And that's a god damn shame, because this roster and these characters deserve better.

I'm probably just cranky because I've been stuck in the house for months but at this point I'm perfectly willing to let the direct market stick with the Big Names that sell and have always sold, and everyone else can move over to other formats where people won't write the books off as a lost cause before the first issue even hits.
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-04-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    B.S. You can't possibly have that information.
    If you do...

Prove it. Cite your sources. or stop making these ridiculous claims.

Yeah... no, Ascended, El Gato, and I have like 20 or more posts between us commenting on and illustrating that we kinda think
    Firestorm, Blue Beetle, and Star-girl collectively form the best next gen trinity, and really keeping them away from a bat symbol would be pretty cool, imho.

I... I actually agree with that but its not "Factions" people don't need to be a part of a faction to not like a mediocre offering.

There are characters that individually think are ridiculous in appearance or origin or scope, or in their meta-position in the universe. I find Duke Thomas is one of them. Not a store owner... Not a faction member... just a regular
    black guy who can't help but laugh his ass off and a guy in gotham, wearing a bright yellow batsuit calling himself "The Signal".
    FFS. . . I literally laugh out loud when I think about that and How BIG the batfamily has gotten. It just silly to me when none of them die, and stay dead. Just a bunch of non-metas fighting metas and getting shot at everynight for years... and NOW
    this signal character too. I just can't.
    Yes we have!! I’ve literally been pairing those three together for the longest! Jaime, Courtney and Jason/Ronnie make a really good trinity! I’d pick up a book featuring those three any day! I already posted on this thread but I think I’ll make a new team...

Blue Beetle, Firestorm, Stargirl, Static, Amethyst, Naomi and Sideways! All have led their own titles and would create an interesting dynamic! A good mix of powers, a diverse cast (race wise, gender wise and personality wise). If sales start to dip then I’d throw in Wally, Kyle (or Jessica) and Cass to boost sales. Make it happen DC!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!