Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Samnee’s last Big 2 work was with Waid at Marvel and Parker at DC right? Wouldn’t surprise me if Waid ropes him into doing Superman stuff with him.
    I think so yeah. So if Waid does come back to DC, I think the odds of Samnee following are fairly solid.

I mean, Im still hung up on the idea of a Pak-Kulder editorial apology tour (damn you DoT!!) but Waid-Samnee-Shaner? Hard to go wrong with that, even if Waid maybe jumped the shark with his Flash run.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I would like to see Christopher Priest get to write Superman or Action Comics for a lengthy run. Occasional crossovers but mainly his own storylines. Full access to the traditional supporting characters. new villains created.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think so yeah. So if Waid does come back to DC, I think the odds of Samnee following are fairly solid.

I mean, Im still hung up on the idea of a Pak-Kulder editorial apology tour (damn you DoT!!) but Waid-Samnee-Shaner? Hard to go wrong with that, even if Waid maybe jumped the shark with his Flash run.
    Samnee is involved in a creator owned project with Kirkman. Which really sounds amazing.

I wouldn't know who was capable of crossing over to DC but within DC I think Yang, Loveness, Spurrier, Orlando, Williams, Russell, Rocha , Andrew Walker, Pasarin, Pelletier, David Williams, and Derington are all relatively available.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Samnee is involved in a creator owned project with Kirkman. Which really sounds amazing.
    Invincible volume 2 or I'm not interested.

Gods I miss that book!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yang and Russell Dauterman would be my choice. I have little interest in whatever Waid would do now. I like Birthright, but his recent work has not left me with any impression he’s got much left in the tank.

I’d also like to see Kelly Sue Deconnick on Action and Fraction on Superman. Maybe with either Dauterman on Superman and Nick Derington on Action and keep the split with Action being the more grounded book and Superman the more fantastic.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I would love to see more Nick Derrington Superman.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Mark Waid needs to have a whole run! We've been waiting for years!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I would like to see Christopher Priest get to write Superman or Action Comics for a lengthy run. Occasional crossovers but mainly his own storylines. Full access to the traditional supporting characters. new villains created.
    I went back and reread the Annual in Superman: The Man of Steel he wrote years ago, and I wonder how different his characterization of Superman would be since then? So much has changed in every aspect of the Super-Mythos, his appearance in Deathstroke felt like an improvement over how he wrote him in the Annual. That’s encouraging because I think Priest is improving as a writer with time, and I hope he can get a chance on a big character while he’s still able to deliver quality. Just made me even more interested in seeing what he would do with Superman nowadays.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

For me to be interested in Supergirl, I would need for Kara to be aged up or bring back Linda. Both will most likely not happen.

I forgot that G Willow Wilson isn't doing WW right now. Another great writer. Wilson and Yang on the two books would probably be more coherent than one person writing both

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Invincible volume 2 or I'm not interested.

Gods I miss that book!
    Never got into invincible myself, but he does mention it in the process of the new book Fire Power, a martial arts comic. I've wanted Samnee for Superman even before Daredevil, but I gotta support him in the meantime because he's just always great.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...-power-1262166

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yang and Russell Dauterman would be my choice. I have little interest in whatever Waid would do now. I like Birthright, but his recent work has not left me with any impression he’s got much left in the tank.

I’d also like to see Kelly Sue Deconnick on Action and Fraction on Superman. Maybe with either Dauterman on Superman and Nick Derington on Action and keep the split with Action being the more grounded book and Superman the more fantastic.
    Dauterman is probably the most loyal of Marvel artists if he's not still exclusive. Not even Batman could pull him.

But I feel the same about Waid. I'd go in a little reluctantly based on his history. Rather see him stay at Marvel and do more Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Dauterman is probably the most loyal of Marvel artists if he's not still exclusive. Not even Batman could pull him.

But I feel the same about Waid. I'd go in a little reluctantly based on his history. Rather see him stay at Marvel and do more Spider-Man.
    I checked and couldn’t find anything on an exclusive for him. I assumed he was though since he’s not doing much there now after his Thor run with Aaron except covers. He’s amazing though and would be killer on Superman.

I think generally when they bring back writers for one last hurrah with a character it rarely works out. But Birthright is probably overall my favorite Superman Origin comic now that I think about it, so I’d definitely give it a shot if it was Waid. I just don’t have much affection for the Superboy era take so some deep dive into that or whatever he’s planning would probably need to be exceptional for me to care. I tried to get into Waids recent Marvel stuff and it all never clicked with me. Particularly his recent Invisible Woman book.

Ok, as a big Superman fan, my opinions might not be popular.

Give Waid Action Comics. Let it be a little over the top (I mean, it IS called Action). Give art duties here to Ries.

Give Superman proper to Kurt Busiek. He is a great superhero writer. Have this be a fun superhero book full adventure. Jesus Marino does art. Also, bring back legacy numbering.

Launch a new title called The Man of Steel. This would be a flagship type title. Put Vendetti on it with art by Jorges Jimenez.

Then, have a Supergirl title. Give it to Gates and Nicola Scott. A Steel title by Priest and Finch.

Just my thoughts.

He was part of Young Guns 2019, so I have a hard time thinking Dauterman would be a possibility for something DC any time soon.

Waid is fine as a creator, I liked BR very much. I just think 16 years later, after never getting a chance on the first place, seems unlikely too. But nothing I oppose.

Bendis says that even though he’s approaching the end it’s still a while off: https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...048962560?s=21

I’ll still say that next year will be his last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Ok, as a big Superman fan, my opinions might not be popular.

Give Waid Action Comics. Let it be a little over the top (I mean, it IS called Action). Give art duties here to Ries.

Give Superman proper to Kurt Busiek. He is a great superhero writer. Have this be a fun superhero book full adventure. Jesus Marino does art. Also, bring back legacy numbering.

Launch a new title called The Man of Steel. This would be a flagship type title. Put Vendetti on it with art by Jorges Jimenez.

Then, have a Supergirl title. Give it to Gates and Nicola Scott. A Steel title by Priest and Finch.

Just my thoughts.
    They did give Busiek the Superman book right before the New 52 and it was great. No way will Busiek ever take on a Big 2 ongoing these days, he’s had health problems that make that too much of a challenge. I still hope he’ll get to write another standalone Superman story though.

Unsure about Venditti. I do want to see him on the books since he seems very enthusiastic about the franchise but I don’t know about making him the show runner. And I can’t see Superman supporting three books right now, even Batman struggles to do that with Batman, Tec, and Batman & The Outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bendis says that even though he’s approaching the end it’s still a while off: https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...048962560?s=21

I’ll still say that next year will be his last.

They did give Busiek the Superman book right before the New 52 and it was great. No way will Busiek ever take on a Big 2 ongoing these days, he’s had health problems that make that too much of a challenge. I still hope he’ll get to write another standalone Superman story though.

Unsure about Venditti. I do want to see him on the books since he seems very enthusiastic about the franchise but I don’t know about making him the show runner. And I can’t see Superman supporting three books right now, even Batman struggles to do that with Batman, Tec, and Batman & The Outsiders.
    Busiek is writing The Marvels for, well, Marvel.