Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I very much doubt Waid would be taking the main books, and Shaner's on Strange Adventures. Leaning towards Yang as the most likely contender; just about anybody could be on the other book. If I had my way it'd be Pak/Kuder for a full-on apology tour from editorial.
    Only reason Pak isn’t listed is I thought he was exclusive to Marvel, would love to see him get another shot. But I don’t know if I want him on the main books, I’d rather see him and Kuder do a Black Label book with a more New 52-esque Superman as a spiritual successor to their Action run.

I very much doubt Waid would be taking the main books, and Shaner's on Strange Adventures. Leaning towards Yang as the most likely contender; just about anybody could be on the other book. If I had my way it'd be Pak/Kuder for a full-on apology tour from editorial.
    Oh, I agree it's a long shot, but I don't think it's impossible. I'll continue to dream.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Can we just give it to Matt Fraction?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-08-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Put Jeff Parker on something .
    Yes, it's about damn time!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Writers I'd like to see (not sure where all of them stand with DC at the moment):
    Tim Seeley
    Mark Waid
    Jeff Parker
    Matt Fraction

And at some point, Jonathan Hickmand and/or Al Ewing whenever that can be a thing.

If they wanted to apologize to Pak/Kuder, they could let them explore Earth 52 and the Superman they fostered. Oh wait, or what Vordan said, missed that.

I think Yang is highly likely for one of the two, with the other being a tossup. Artwise I think it'd be awesome to keep Reis for one.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    If Fraction sticks around after Bendis is done I’d love to see him do some Superman work.

Big fan of Waids earlier work. Birthright/Kingdom Come the guy has a good track record with big blue. Only thing giving me pause is I haven’t heard good things about his Marvel work? Haven’t followed it all that closely and there are always people vocal about not liking stuff. But still give him my vote.
    Don’t want the same guy on both AC and Superman again though. Give me options damnit!

I'd like to see what Gerard Way has to say with SUPERMAN, but he's probably way too busy.

Joelle Jones could really rock it, but I'd rather see her take over BATMAN.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-08-2020 at 01:28 PM.

The Reborn origin is fine, so I hope that stays - and I'd like Jurgens back on one book so he can finish the story threads he started.

Other than that, I'm game for whatever.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Honestly, I'd like to see Tom Taylor. I'm not a huge fan of the Injustice universe or its characters but between DCeased and Suicide Squad, the guy's really grown on me. I wouldn't mind seeing him write a Superman who isn't a murderous lunatic.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I expect someone whose work I'm not familiar with to go with an approach I don't get. Which may or not be a bad thing, it's just much more likely than the interests of creators I really dig lining up with the interests of DC.

Might be Matt fraction, and after Jimmy I can't complain.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So, is al ewing a good pick?
    Ewing is *always* a good pick. I'd kill people to see that happen.

.....I mean, not just any people. I'd have to make a list or something......

If I had my way it'd be Pak/Kuder for a full-on apology tour from editorial.
    Damn you for putting that beautiful, impossible idea in my head.

I agree that Yang looks like the most likely candidate right now. And if he's allowed to write his story and isn't screwed over by editorial like he was last time, I am SO down for Yang. Just bring me "Smashes the Klan" Yang and not "Truth" Yang.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I feel like Fraction would write a super polarizing Superman run that I'd love to see. I feel like not everyone gets his writing or his sense of humor, and a lot of people wouldn't consider it appropriate for Clark. But I'm not one of them, so Fraction on the book/s would be just fine with me!

Honestly though, I'm less concerned over the creators than I am over what direction they might take. I'm interested in seeing where this "President of Earth/United Planets co-founder/open identity" thing goes. It feels like a natural "next step in life" for Clark and I wanna see it unfold, rather than return to the same classic status quo I've read for two decades.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

If I could only give Waid one book, I think it’d be Action, because of legacy numbering, and with him being the huge Superfan that he is, would explore all of the Silver Age kookiness, mixed in with some Bronze Age character development, and tie it up with a nice dose of modernity. For art, I want an artist who’s distinct style says classically modern. Something you could read in the 1980’s, and still be fresh today. Liam Sharp, or David Marquez would be my choices.

For Superman, I want Tom King. I really loved his Omega Men, and Mister Miracle books. Currently loving his Adam Strange book. I want this book to be high brow sci-fi, Bronze Age Superman, minus the towing planets with a chain Superman, but a Len Wein/Jim Starlin DCCP Superman. On art duties, Clay Mann or Pepe Larraz.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Ancillary titles time!!!

Supergirl written by Margaret Stohl. Margaret’s short run on Captain Marvel, as well as the the Life of Captain Marvel mini have to be a couple of my favorite female led solo books in a very long time. If given a little creative freedom, I could see her really developing Kara as she deserves to be done. On art, I’d like to see Kris Anka. Not always the best on interiors, but his design work is top notch for the most part. My backup would be Lee Garbett.

Steel—David F. Walker. His run on Cage had to be some of the best comics Marvel had put out in years. Steel needs that right now. On art—Jamal Campbell. Far Sector is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com