Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Busiek is writing The Marvels for, well, Marvel.
    Isn’t that a mini though? And not in the main continuity? He wrote Creature of the Night recently and I can see him doing more stuff like that, but taking on a mainline book with monthly deadlines where you’re expected to tie in to what’s going on in the DCU and help set the tone? I don’t see him ever doing something like that again. Hey I would love for him to come back and do more Superman mainline work, but I just can’t believe it will happen.

Bendis said on his FB page that his final issue is pretty far off. So far off that this almost a non story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Isn’t that a mini though? And not in the main continuity? He wrote Creature of the Night recently and I can see him doing more stuff like that, but taking on a mainline book with monthly deadlines where you’re expected to tie in to what’s going on in the DCU and help set the tone? I don’t see him ever doing something like that again. Hey I would love for him to come back and do more Superman mainline work, but I just can’t believe it will happen.
    As far as I know it's an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    For me to be interested in Supergirl, I would need for Kara to be aged up or bring back Linda. Both will most likely not happen.
    Yeah it feels like Kara should be closer to Barbera/Batgirl or Nightwings age instead of high school. Kara’s Superman’s cousin not his daughter, she can be a young 20 something.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah it feels like Kara should be closer to Barbera/Batgirl or Nightwings age instead of high school. Kara’s Superman’s cousin not his daughter, she can be a young 20 something.
    They keep introducing her at 16 every time but at different times.

There's the original who was introduced early while Dick's a kid so she grew up past college while Dick's in college and Babs is a 25-year-old congresswoman

The post-crisis only came after Infinite Crisis so she's 16 while Dick and Babs are already working adult in mid-twenties, so her equivalent Batgirl is Stephanie Brown instead.

Then of course the New 52 and Rebirth only introduced her 5 to 10 years after Superman, so same as Post Crisis, she's still 16-17 while Dick and Babs are 21 to mid-twenties. Her equivalent Batgirl is still Barbara though because Babs has her own problem...