Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Wow, I had no idea the G2 Powermasters were exclusive to those areas! Learn something new every day. I only had Staxx and his Decepticon partner Bulletbike. Didn't have the Autobots Ironhide and Meanstreak.

Captain Craig, to clarify, the G2 Powermasters were not like the original Powermasters, so they didn't have a Nebulan partner that turned into their engine like for example Slapdash. Instead, their gimmick was that they had a pull-back motor that could be triggered by inserting their guns into certain slots. With Staxx for example, as you can see, the guns go into the sides of the cab, also becoming his exhaust stacks.
    Yeah, they are also really bad TFs, Bulletbike is actually my least favourite TF toy ever. I have the other three some I want Staxx to complete the lot.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    G2 Powermaster Staxx released in 1995 and only in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
    That for sure helps. Not being US releases AND not being a fan favorite figure(like some other international only figs were) is a major reason he passed me by in awareness.
    Captain Craig, to clarify, the G2 Powermasters were not like the original Powermasters, so they didn't have a Nebulan partner that turned into their engine like for example Slapdash. Instead, their gimmick was that they had a pull-back motor that could be triggered by inserting their guns into certain slots. With Staxx for example, as you can see, the guns go into the sides of the cab, also becoming his exhaust stacks.
    As soon as I read Powermaster I looked closer so thanks for reading my mind(or fully reading I felt it was more Throttlebot-esque).

I attended 10 Botcons consecutively from '99-'08 and can't say I ever saw one of these G2 Powermasters at any dealer. Maybe its cause G1/BW/BM/RID then Movie were the big fan draws and dealers catered there.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Marvel Comic Coloured Grimlock and Shockwave
    https://www.seibertron.com/transform...ockwave/48044/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That for sure helps. Not being US releases AND not being a fan favorite figure(like some other international only figs were) is a major reason he passed me by in awareness.

As soon as I read Powermaster I looked closer so thanks for reading my mind(or fully reading I felt it was more Throttlebot-esque).

I attended 10 Botcons consecutively from '99-'08 and can't say I ever saw one of these G2 Powermasters at any dealer. Maybe its cause G1/BW/BM/RID then Movie were the big fan draws and dealers catered there.
    Bit of a shame the G2 toys/characters were never really promoted in any media outlet; some of them showed up in the short-lived G2 comic book, but that was mostly concerned with continuing the story of G1 mainstays like Optimus and Grimlock, and the Generation Two cartoon was just G1 with CGI interstitials awkwardly woven throughout the episodes.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Bit of a shame the G2 toys/characters were never really promoted in any media outlet; some of them showed up in the short-lived G2 comic book, but that was mostly concerned with continuing the story of G1 mainstays like Optimus and Grimlock, and the Generation Two cartoon was just G1 with CGI interstitials awkwardly woven throughout the episodes.
    Yeah, especially given that alot of G2 characters bios are basically , they good, they are perfect or they are evil incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    OMG! I am so lovin' the crown. Glad their sticking to continuity, and keeping up with accuracy (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-07-2024 at 08:42 AM.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! I am so lovin' the crown. Glad their sticking to continuity, and keeping up with accuracy (XD)

Also the chip in the Sword is how the Late José Delbo drew it.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

My inner child is screaming at the Shockwave figure with the prisoner Prime head.
    Ohhh, the poor Optimus Prime figure my cousin and I broke to replicate that plot LOL!

Skybound is reprinting marvel and gijoe comics.

Omar talked about this on near mint today. Said he is still not allowed to talk about it till its announced by skybound but this looks like was not supposed to be announced yet. Second time hasbro leaked comic news!

As for reprints hope the universe handbook and uk comics are included and the transformers and real ghotbusters uk crosover is not left out or the gijoe shang chi crossover.

https://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-rel...cVZJk7hXT7vF6g

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Skybound is reprinting marvel and gijoe comics.

Omar talked about this on near mint today. Said he is still not allowed to talk about it till its announced by skybound but this looks like was not supposed to be announced yet. Second time hasbro leaked comic news!

As for reprints hope the universe handbook and uk comics are included and the transformers and real ghotbusters uk crosover is not left out or the gijoe shang chi crossover.

https://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-rel...cVZJk7hXT7vF6g
    This article is not loading for me. What was it?

Extraordinary Member

Transformers #7 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writer: Writer: Daniel Warren Johnson
    Artist: Jorge Corona

The Decepticons finally turn on Starscream.

I guess Thundercracker finds out about Skywarp.