Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Transformers

https://www.transformers40thcinemaevent.com/

TIL ALL ARE ONE: TRANSFORMERS 40TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT celebrates a legacy that began in 1984 and hasn’t stopped exciting fans for 40 years. This special cinema experience will take you back to the very beginning as the original voice actors team up for the first time in decades to revisit their characters and recreate the enduring magic of The Transformers. An exclusive behind-the-scenes table read appears on a split screen with the pilot episode, More Than Meets the Eye, Part 1, followed by the next three episodes in the first series. Experience the original Saturday morning cartoon for the first time on the big screen and relive its evolution over the years with a sneak peek of the new season of Transformers EarthSpark. Don’t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to celebrate 40 years of Transformers action, humor and legacy with fans of all ages at an anniversary event that is truly... More Than Meets the Eye!

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Just finished reading transformers by Marvel. I felt bad as I have r ead everything else including IDW. But it was fun. Never unaterstood the inclusion of Buster Witwicky but whatever lol. Also I am reading the Energon Universe and love ot
    As it has already been mentioned, check out the Marvel UK version. No matter what, Death's Head is Awesome!
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-08-2024 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Links.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Just finished reading transformers by Marvel. I felt bad as I have r ead everything else including IDW. But it was fun. Never unaterstood the inclusion of Buster Witwicky but whatever lol. Also I am reading the Energon Universe and love ot
    I figure the reason we had a Buster and a Spike in the Marvel comic, is that for whatever reason they named Sparkplug's kid Buster instead of Spike, and when they introduced Fort Max they had to introduce a character named Spike because he's part of the Fort Max toy. So they made him the previously unrevealed big brother. Kind of a pity Buster didn't get to be Cerebros' head instead!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Skybound also has gijoe from marvel just confirmed so guess gijoe vs transformers is ok to reprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I figure the reason we had a Buster and a Spike in the Marvel comic, is that for whatever reason they named Sparkplug's kid Buster instead of Spike, and when they introduced Fort Max they had to introduce a character named Spike because he's part of the Fort Max toy. So they made him the previously unrevealed big brother. Kind of a pity Buster didn't get to be Cerebros' head instead!
    I know, right?! But let's not forget Galen, the original "pilot" of FortMax. Dude sacrificed himself, so that Spike could take over (T_T)

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-10-2024 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    It was because Budinsky wanted the comics to be different to the cartoon. So characters were changed and there was more of a push towards characters like Shockwave, Skids and Grimlock, instead of Optimus and Megatron. Spike ahd to become Fort's partner because Hasbro said so.

I'm starting to think the current comic is a little too kill-happy.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

With the GI Joe compendium announcement, the Marvel series isn't far behind. Hopefully it isn't 50 freaking issues...geez, what a lump.
    I thought I read somewhere that it was scheduled for December.

What I want is an anthology book that rotates different genres; Beast Wars, Armada, Car Robots one month, then goes into Headmasters, Masterforce or Victory the next...
    There's a lot of untapped potential instead of mining the G1 well to the nth degree and make it "kewl" by killing off characters in the first six issues.
    I'm enjoying the series but a small variety could bring in new readers and stories.

Extraordinary Member

Transformers #8 Previews
    Writer: Daniel Warren Johnson
    Artist: Jorge Corona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Here, I agree with you. I just read the new one and had the same thought. I'm biased because two of the deaths were favorites of mine, but also because they were pretty meaningless. I understood killing Bumblebee early on as a way of establishing that this was a different take or showing how sadistic and cruel Starscream is, but it's starting to feel like the Walking Dead where they wore how unsentimental they were about killing characters off as a badge of honor. Walking Dead eventually lost me because they killed everyone I was interested in and it felt pointless getting invested in anyone else.

I'm over writers casually killing people off as if it makes the story inherently better or more mature. There are times where it can enhance the story or serve a narrative purpose, but this is starting to feel a little "Look how hardcore and subversive we are" with little meaning or substance behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Transformers #8 Previews
    Writer: Daniel Warren Johnson
    Artist: Jorge Corona

Thundercracker is still the most noble Decepticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Here, I agree with you. I just read the new one and had the same thought. I'm biased because two of the deaths were favorites of mine, but also because they were pretty meaningless. I understood killing Bumblebee early on as a way of establishing that this was a different take or showing how sadistic and cruel Starscream is, but it's starting to feel like the Walking Dead where they wore how unsentimental they were about killing characters off as a badge of honor. Walking Dead eventually lost me because they killed everyone I was interested in and it felt pointless getting invested in anyone else.

I'm over writers casually killing people off as if it makes the story inherently better or more mature. There are times where it can enhance the story or serve a narrative purpose, but this is starting to feel a little "Look how hardcore and subversive we are" with little meaning or substance behind it.
    Yeah, like I kind of could buy Kup because he had a lot of play in IDW but like...give Huffer and Warpath more to do!

spoilers:
    Although Ultra Magnus getting torn apart is starting to get to be a bad trend.
    end of spoilers

Got another Transformers grail to celebrate my book's 1st birthday

Astonishing Member

Thundercracker is still the most noble Decepticon.

Yeah, like I kind of could buy Kup because he had a lot of play in IDW but like...give Huffer and Warpath more to do!

spoilers:
    Although Ultra Magnus getting torn apart is starting to get to be a bad trend.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah and this is me getting back into Transformers after not having read it since Generation 2 in the 90s, so Kup never got overexposed for me. As for you-know-who getting torn apart, he's been a favorite of mine since I was a kid (and I still have an original figure of him), so him and Kup being gone already kills a lot of my interest. I'm really enjoying this version of Cliffjumper (who they joke about killing next in the letters page, ugh) and my only other character I have much investment in is Optimus, I guess.

It's a good book, but I don't love the body count so far. And if most of my favorites are already dead, I don't know if I'm going to stick with it.

Astonishing Member

It needs to stop period. Every character has its fans even Wheelie.