Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

BANNED

G1 Retro Reviews - Fire in the Sky

'Skyfire' sounds way better to me than 'Jetfire' To me, cringe sounding...
    ...very glad it is 'Skyfire' in the G1 cartoon series.

BANNED

Default Saturday April 24th!

Transformers Shoutout for April 24th Event! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dL-tZJ_F14

BANNED

TRANSFORMERS: THE BASICS on the AERIALBOTS

Transformers solicitations for August

Transformers #34
    —Cover A: Winston Chan
    Brian Ruckley (w) • Anna Malkova (a) • Winston Chan (c)
    “Sea of Rust,” part one! Megatron has learned that his former mentor, Termagax, holds a key artifact that could tip the scales of the war firmly in the Decepticons’ favor, eliminating the Autobots once and for all. The first order of business, of course, is finding Termagax’s House, a mobile building on the run. And as tensions erupt between Megatron’s Decepticons and his old mentor, the Autobots put themselves in the crossfire!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers #34—Cover B: Susan Margevich
    Brian Ruckley (w) • Anna Malkova (a) • Susan Margevich (c)

*Retailer incentives:
    Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Andrew Griffith!

Transformers Beast Wars #7

Transformers: Beast Wars #7—Cover A: Fico Ossio
    Erik Burnham (w) • Winston Chan (a) • Fico Ossio (c)
    “Pod”, part one! After their first explosive battle, both the Maximals and Predacons have allowed a lull to refresh and regroup. But when the first protoform pod comes down and a new entrant to the Beast Wars enters the fray, things are going to change in a major way! But whose side is Blackarachnia on?!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Beast Wars #7—Cover B: Ed Pirrie
    Erik Burnham (w) • Winston Chan (a) • Ed Pirrie (c)

*Retailer incentives:
    Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Gavin Guidry!
    Transformers: King Grimlock #1
    Transformers: King Grimlock #1 (of 5)—Cover A: Cary Nord—GEM OF THE MONTH
    Steve Orlando (w) • Agustin Padilla (a) • Cary Nord (c)
    KING GRIMLOCK BEGINS! Grimlock, the beloved powerhouse T-rex with an attitude and one of the strongest Cybertronians in existence, finds himself magically transported to a world of fantastical beasts and strange powers! In this savage world, where the strong rule with sword and iron, Grimlock finds a new opportunity to prove he’s the strongest there is... but as Grimlock and the human barbarian, Arko, will learn, sometimes brute strength isn’t enough.

Written by Steve Orlando (Wonder Woman, Justice League of America) with art by Agustin Padilla (Dungeons & Dragons, Suicide Squad), King Grimlock features the iconic Transformers character in a solo adventure through a world of swords-and-sorcery unlike anything you’ve ever seen!

FC • 36 pages • $4.99

Transformers: King Grimlock #1 (of 5)—Cover B: Agustin Padilla—GEM OF THE MONTH
    Steve Orlando (w) • Agustin Padilla (a & c)

*Retailer incentives:
    Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Mateus Santolouco!

Transformers: Shattered Glass #1
    Transformers: Shattered Glass #1 (of 5)—Cover A: Alex Milne—SPOTLIGHT
    Danny Lore (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Alex Milne (c)
    Shattered Glass isn’t your average Transformers tale… “Shards” is the story of the ongoing battle between the power-hungry Autobot autocrats and the freedom-fighting Decepticon laborers. Join author Danny Lore (James Bond, King in Black: Captain America, Champions) in exploring this fractured alternate universe just before it shatters.

In issue #1, many kilocycles after the Cybertronian War has destroyed Earth, Blurr, an evil Autobot bodyscrapper, hunts his newest bounty who holds a piece of information that could reignite the war.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Shattered Glass #1 (of 5)—Cover B: Dan Khanna—SPOTLIGHT
    Danny Lore (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Dan Khanna (c)

*Retailer incentives:
    Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Sara Pitre-Durocher!

Megatron's mentor "Termgax?" I'm sure he has a wonderful personality .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Megatron's mentor "Termgax?" I'm sure he has a wonderful personality .
    She

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    She

Even better .

She reminds me of an Omnicon from TF: Energon.

After Marvel came Dreamwave with the Main Series and an alternative Universe called Energon. And there was a mini called The War Within. It was a good read, but got canceled early, so I don't know if you should skip it and try the IDW Collections and start from there. It begins anew and you have a lot to read before the story comes to a conclusion.

Currently IDW has a reboot running, thats pretty fresh. I don't like it, and reviews are bad too.
    Blackthorne i think it was called did some 3-D comics also.

[IMG][/IMG]

I liked the focus on Jumpstream in today's issue. She's been a fun character to get some development and the cliffhanger about where the teleporting took her was decidedly messed up. It's a minor thing, but I was entertained by the teleport sound effect being "JAWNT."

Also, Sunstorm. Yeesh. Not doing too well there, are you, buddy?

Transformers solicitations for September

Transformers #35

Brian Ruckley (w) • Anna Malkova (a) • Juan Samu (c)

“Sea of Rust,” part two! Termagax has many secrets–information that could forever tip the scales in the favor of the Autobots or the Decepticons. As the Decepticons close in, she allows Optimus Prime and the two other Autobots she respects into her inner sanctum to share her knowledge. But will the Autobots be able to act on it before the Decepticons start their siege? And where does Skywarp factor into the equation?

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers #35—Cover B: Joana Lafuente
    Brian Ruckley (w) • Anna Malkova (a) • Joana Lafuente (c)

Transformers Halloween Special

Dan Watters (w) • Beth McGuire-Smith (a) • Nicole Goux (c)

Whispers of a disembodied spark howling alone in the desert are floating around Cybertron. Whispers of Starscream’s loyalty to Megatron’s cause are also floating around. Frustrated and needing some space to clear his head, Starscream visits the desert and is surprised to actually hear the rumored screams. He follows the sound and is met with a creature that makes him question what it means to be a cybernetic being. Starscream faces off with this grotesque experiment in “I Have No Mouth And I Must Starscream,” by Dan Watters (Home Sick Pilots, Lucifer, The Sandman Universe).

FC • 48 pages • $5.99
    Transformers: Beast Wars #8

Erik Burnham (w) • Winston Chan (a) • Andrew Griffith (c)

“Pod,” part two! Blackarachnia has made her way to the Maximal ship, the Axalon, and encountered her first Maximal, Cheetor. Now she’s gone missing again and it’s up to the whole crew to find the mysteriously disappearing spider… before she finds them!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Beast Wars #8—Cover B: Martin Gee
    Erik Burnham (w) • Winston Chan (a) • Martin Gee (c)

Transformers: King Grimlock #2

Steve Orlando (w) • Agustin Padilla (a) • Alex Horley (c)

King Grimlock rampages on! As Grimlock sets off to find his place in this strange new world of men, beasts, and magic, he finds himself in the maw of a beast big enough to swallow a Dinobot! It’s a fight of incredible strength between the Cybertronian T-Rex and the monster–and someone is taking lessons from Grimlock that may spell his doom!

FC • 36 pages • $4.99

Transformers: King Grimlock #2 (of 5)—Cover B: Ilias Kyriazis
    Steve Orlando (w) • Agustin Padilla (a) • Ilias Kyriazis (c)
    Transformers: Shattered Glass #2

Danny Lore (w) • Daniel Khanna (a) • Alex Milne (c)

Shattered Glass isn’t your average Transformers tale… “Shards” is the story of the ongoing battle between the power-hungry Autobot autocrats and the freedom-fighting Decepticon laborers. Join author Danny Lore (James Bond, King in Black: Captain America, Champions) in exploring this fractured alternate universe just before it shatters.

In issue #2, Megatron is the only bot who can stop the three Autobot warlords from acquiring information that could reignite the war, but can he forgive his past mistakes and take up the mantle of Deception leader again?

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Shattered Glass #2 (of 5)—Cover B: Andrew Griffith
    Danny Lore (w) • Daniel Khanna (a) • Andrew Griffith (c)

The Wreckers are coming back in October.

It's a different take on them and doesn't feature any of the usual members, but that makes sense considering the war has just begun; maybe it will show how they will progress into the more familiar version, or maybe in some other direction. I'm not familiar with David Mariotte's writing, but I enjoyed Jack Lawrence's art on Lost Light. I'm intrigued enough to give it a shot.

Minerva, now there's a character I'm surprised no one ever used in the old IDW continuity.

Cool to see Hot Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    The Wreckers are coming back in October.

It's a different take on them and doesn't feature any of the usual members, but that makes sense considering the war has just begun; maybe it will show how they will progress into the more familiar version, or maybe in some other direction. I'm not familiar with David Mariotte's writing, but I enjoyed Jack Lawrence's art on Lost Light. I'm intrigued enough to give it a shot.
    While it is strange to see an IDW Wrecker book without Nick Roche, it does look interesting. Might pick it up

Minerva, now there's a character I'm surprised no one ever used in the old IDW continuity.
    They used her in a what if story in transformers universe i think. First saw her in masterforce. English dub named her nightbeat who was the american version of the same toy turned male. (overlord is also both male and female in masterforce as his powermasters were a husband and wife team! Didn't idw dump the female powermaster?)