Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Second intro with overlord.

End theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    They used her in a what if story in transformers universe i think. First saw her in masterforce. English dub named her nightbeat who was the american version of the same toy turned male. (overlord is also both male and female in masterforce as his powermasters were a husband and wife team! Didn't idw dump the female powermaster?)
    He wasn't a powermaster in IDW; he was just Overlord, an overly powerful Point One Percenter that Megatron converted into one of his Phase-Sixers, the group of Decepticons (including Sixshot) who were the final step in destroying a world. In Requiem of The Wreckers, though, he had a human-based disguise loosely named after the pair.
    Last edited by Paragon; 07-22-2021 at 08:49 PM.

They used her in a what if story in transformers universe i think. First saw her in masterforce. English dub named her nightbeat who was the american version of the same toy turned male. (overlord is also both male and female in masterforce as his powermasters were a husband and wife team! Didn't idw dump the female powermaster?)

Overlord wasn't even a Powermaster in IDW. He was just a TF with two alt modes aka a DuoCon, being inspired by his European release

In Masterforce none of the Junior Headmasters and Godmasters (the Japanese name for Powermasters) are sentient beings (at least until the end of final episode) their little more than glorified mecha without the human beings that form their heads and engines they are little more cars, trucks, jets, and tanks. All of their personality comes from the humans that combine with them. Overlord has no personality in the show (until the final episode or two where Devil Z makes him a sentient being) other than what Giga and Mega's personalities are.

The pretenders are real transformers who can take human form so they are real transformers at least. Also yes the powermasters and headmasters other then chromedome are living mechs that humans control who take the human hosts personality and gain life as a full transformer at the end. A few even show up in victory and zone in fact post human hosts.

Overlord in masterforce is looked upon well by many transformers fans. It's a decepticon leader who not only got things done (but still keeps the lose and run at times like other 80s leaders however he/ she also wins some fights!) but unlike megatron cared for their troops!

This would be their undoing as the human powermasters would be killed by devil z/ Black Zarak (the new head decapticon) trying to protect two decepticons! Ironic the ones they were trying to protect didn't even care about them getting killed! Overlord gains a spark afterwords.

Masterforce really was a fun series if you get past the gundam takes at times.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-24-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Transformers solicitations for October

Transformers #36

Cover A: Anna Malkova
    Brian Ruckley (w) • Anna Malkova (a & c)

"Sea of Rust," part three! The Autobots are outnumbered and surrounded in Termagax's base with Decepticons on one side and the most deadly Cybertronian environment on the other. With an incredibly powerful artifact on the line—one that could turn the tide of the war in their favor—can the Autobots withstand the siege?

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Transformers #36—Cover B: Red Powell
    Brian Ruckley (w) • Anna Malkova (a) • Red Powell (c)
    Transformers: Beast Wars #9

Cover A: Josh Burcham
    Erik Burnham (w) • Josh Burcham (a & c)

"Thicker Skin". The Predacons begin their hunt for other fallen protoform pods, containing potential reinforcements in their quest to crush the Maximals. But Skold, the Predacon powerhouse, is left behind because she'll slow the mission down, at least according to Terrorsaur. When Skold encounters a pod on her own, it'll be up to her to bring it to the Predacon's side… or put it down for good.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Transformers: Beast Wars #9—Cover B: Priscilla Tramontano
    Erik Burnham (w) • Josh Burcham (a) • Priscilla Tramontano (c)
    King Grimlock #3

Cover A: Bryan Lee
    Steve Orlando (w) • Agustin Padilla (a) • Bryan Lee (c)

King Grimlock rampages on! Confronted by the ghoulish host of the Red Wizard's Army, Grimlock leads a band of villagers into a war against their ruler. But all is not what it seems near the Red Wizard's compound. Will Grimlock lead them to freedom… or destruction?!

FC • 36 pages • $4.99Transformers: King Grimlock #3 (of 5)—Cover B: Agustin Padilla
    Steve Orlando (w) • Agustin Padilla (a & c)
    Transformers: Shattered Glass #3

Cover A: Alex Milne
    Danny Lore (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Alex Milne (c)

Shattered Glass isn't your average Transformers tale… "Shards" is the story of the ongoing battle between the power-hungry Autobot autocrats and the freedom-fighting Decepticon laborers. Join author Danny Lore (James Bond, King in Black: Captain America, Champions) in exploring this fractured alternate universe just before it shatters.

In issue #3, Starscream seeks out more Decepticons to prevent another war that could destroy Cybertron, but memories of the past haunt every step. As the Autobots close in, Starscream must decide between peace for his planet and his former best friend.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Transformers: Shattered Glass #3 (of 5)—Cover B: Fico Ossio
    Danny Lore (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Fico Ossio (c)
    *Retailer incentives:
    Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Sara Pitre-Durocher!
    Transformers: Wreckers—Tread & Circuits #1

Cover A: Jack Lawrence—GEM OF THE MONTH
    David Mariotte (w) • Jack Lawrence (a & c)

Out in the Cybertronian colonies, good entertainment is hard to find. Fortunately, there's always the Wreckers—brave Cybertronians broadcasting death-defying stunts and action—all as a cover for undercover operations! When the only event bigger than a new Wreckers broadcast, the Speedia 500, a race for governmental control of a whole world, is threatened, the Wreckers have a new mission: Save the most viewed race in the galaxy… without getting caught. Wreck & Rule!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Transformers: Wreckers—Tread & Circuits #1 (of 4)—Cover B: Anna Malkova—GEM OF THE MONTH
    David Mariotte (w) • Jack Lawrence (a) • Anna Malkova (c)

BANNED

Why The Transformers: The Movie is STILL GREAT! (35th Anniversary) 1986-2021

Gonna try and see it in theaters this year.

Extraordinary Member

I like Termagax much more than the Fallen Megatronus.

Transformers solicitations for November

Beast Wars #10

IDW PUBLISHING
    SEP210478
    SEP210479 – TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 CVR B WILLIAMS II – 3.99
    SEP210480 – TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 CVR C 10 COPY INCV COLLER
    (W) Erik Burnham (A) Josh Burcham (CA) Anna Malkova

“Maximals Strike Back,” Part One! The Maximals have been on the defensive because the crash, however no extra! Optimus Primal’s obtained a plan to take the battle to the Predacons in a means they’d by no means anticipate! With their ranks bolstered with a brand new member of the crew, the Maximals launch a plan that would carry their conflict to a detailed… so long as nothing goes mistaken.

In Shops: Nov 24, 2021
    SRP: 3.99
    Transformers #37

IDW PUBLISHING
    SEP210481
    SEP210482 – TRANSFORMERS #37 CVR B PIRIZ – 3.99
    SEP210483 – TRANSFORMERS #37 CVR C 10 COPY INCV WILLIAMS II
    (W) Brian Ruckley (A) Anna Malkova (CA) Aline Herzpalter Baumgartner

"War Stories." 2000 years ago, the War of the Three-Fold Spark came to a close, ending an unprecedented era of violence on Cybertron and clearing a way for a bold new era. But two kilocycles is practically nothing to the incredibly long-lived Cybertronians, so what answers can Cyclonus and Pyra Magna find in their past to help them survive the new battles of the present?

In Shops: Nov 17, 2021
    King Grimlock #$

IDW PUBLISHING
    SEP210484
    SEP210485 – TRANSFORMERS KING GRIMLOCK #4 (OF 5) CVR B KYRIAZIS – 4.99
    SEP210486 – TRANSFORMERS KING GRIMLOCK #4 (OF 5) CVR C 10 COPY INCV STOK
    (W) Steve Orlando (A) Agustin Padilla (CA) Dave Wilkins

King Grimlock's rampage continues! As the Golden One's grip grows tighter on Menonia, Grimlock realizes he must take the fight to the realm's evil ruler-even if he has to do it alone! But when Grimlock comes face-to-face with the Golden One's new enforcer, has the Dinobot king met his match?

In Shops: Nov 03, 2021
    SRP: 4.99
    Transformers: Shattered Glass #4

IDW PUBLISHING
    SEP210487
    SEP210488 – TRANSFORMERS SHATTERED GLASS #4 (OF 5) CVR B MCGUIRE-SMITH – 3.99
    SEP210489 – TRANSFORMERS SHATTERED GLASS #4 (OF 5) CVR C 10 COPY INCV PI
    (W) Danny Lore (A) Dan Khanna, Priscilla Tramontano (CA) Alex Milne

Shattered Glass isn't your average Transformers tale… "Shards" is the story of the ongoing battle between the power-hungry Autobot autocrats and the freedom-fighting Decepticon laborers. Join author Danny Lore (James Bond, King in Black: Captain America, Champions) in exploring this fractured alternate universe just before it shatters.

In issue #4, Goldbug, a vicious warlord formerly known as Bumblebee, must become the leader that Optimus Prime failed to be as he fights Decepticons and commands Autobots to extract information from Statscreamm.

In Shops: Nov 24, 2021
    Transformers: Wreckers - Treads and Circuits #2

IDW PUBLISHING
    SEP210490
    SEP210491 – TRANSFORMERS WRECKERS TREAD & CIRCUITS #2 (OF 4) CVR B MARGE – 3.99
    SEP210492 – TRANSFORMERS WRECKERS TREAD & CIRCUITS #2 (OF 4) CVR C 10 CO
    (W) David Mariotte (A) Jack Lawrence (CA) Alex Milne

Wreckers divided! Thunderclash leads the team on an investigation to reveal the true alliances of the other Speedia 500 racers-and discover if any of them are working for the terrorist group, Mayhem! Meanwhile, Circuit, the Wreckers' camerabot, finds himself face-to-face with Security Operations! With Mayhem on the move, which Wrecker won't make it to the starting line?!

In Shops: Nov 10, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Transformers solicitations for November

Beast Wars #10

Transformers #37

King Grimlock #$

Transformers: Shattered Glass #4

Transformers: Wreckers - Treads and Circuits #2

I'm really enjoying King Grimlock, and Beast wars, so I'll be getting those.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I'm really enjoying King Grimlock
    That was a fun first issue. I have to assume the solicit here is teasing the enforcer will be another Transformer, so who could it be? Is Scorponok being used right now? It's hard to keep track of what characters are where when they restart the universe.

Unless the first issue of The Wreckers is terrible, I think the only thing I won't be getting this month is Shattered Glass. The concept has never really piqued my interest for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    That was a fun first issue. I have to assume the solicit here is teasing the enforcer will be another Transformer, so who could it be? Is Scorponok being used right now? It's hard to keep track of what characters are where when they restart the universe.

Unless the first issue of The Wreckers is terrible, I think the only thing I won't be getting this month is Shattered Glass. The concept has never really piqued my interest for whatever reason.
    I'm interested in it, though I generally like "Mirror Universe" stories. I wasn't following Transformers around the time of the original SG stuff, so that stuff passed me by.