Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Transformers #1 Second Printing Cover by Lewis LaRosa

New 40th Aniiversary Re-releases

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    New 40th Aniiversary Re-releases

They just reissued Blaster and Soundwave a few years ago, I wish they would reissue some other characters for once.

Still, that original Soundwave with red eyes looks pretty sweet, I might buy it (again). I just wish they'd release the other cassettes we didn't get last time. (Ratbat, Squawkbox, Rewind etc.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    They just reissued Blaster and Soundwave a few years ago, I wish they would reissue some other characters for once.

Still, that original Soundwave with red eyes looks pretty sweet, I might buy it (again). I just wish they'd release the other cassettes we didn't get last time. (Ratbat, Squawkbox, Rewind etc.)
    Well these are the continuation of the Transformers The Movie retro line but now in Retro Packaging. Still I would be nice to see some later G1 toys getting re-released

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well these are the continuation of the Transformers The Movie retro line but now in Retro Packaging. Still I would be nice to see some later G1 toys getting re-released
    I wish they at least started off the new retro line with characters that weren't already reissued. The closest Wal-Marts in my region all are cluttered with Starscream! I'll probably never see Hound or Skywarp without paying scalper prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I wish they at least started off the new retro line with characters that weren't already reissued. The closest Wal-Marts in my region all are cluttered with Starscream! I'll probably never see Hound or Skywarp without paying scalper prices.
    Hopefully they will, at least now they aren't going to have to make excuses for random characters in the Transformers the Movie line. The fact that they mentioned 3d printing may suggest seeing releases of toys whose molds are lost or missing

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

I am head over heels with the R.E.D. line.
    My childhood desire for a cartoon-accurate Galvatron came true last year.
    Now just give me a R.E.D. Cyclonus, Scourge and Skywarp....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Kind of neat Mercer will be shown as a part of Cobra. Could be a cool subplot to see him grow disillusioned with the organization. Baroness may also start off aligned with G.I. Joe? (Or is she just undercover?)

Extraordinary Member

Transformers #3 Variant by Taurin Clarke

Watch out for civilians Optimus!

Incredible Member

Question:

Is there an efficient way to collect the Robots in Disguise / MTMTE / Lost Light / Optimus Prime era other than buying individual TPBs?

I believe there is a discontinued OHC line, and no box sets or omnibus type collections. And with the license bouncing around, this is likely to stay the case, unfortunately?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Question:

Is there an efficient way to collect the Robots in Disguise / MTMTE / Lost Light / Optimus Prime era other than buying individual TPBs?

I believe there is a discontinued OHC line, and no box sets or omnibus type collections. And with the license bouncing around, this is likely to stay the case, unfortunately?
    Head to your nearest dumpster, there will be plenty of copies there since that is where that garbage belongs.

EDIT: Skybound may be reprinting them down the line. No idea why you would ever want them though. The only good IDWverse stuff was Furman's run.
    Last edited by wyokid; 12-13-2023 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Head to your nearest dumpster, there will be plenty of copies there since that is where that garbage belongs.

EDIT: Skybound may be reprinting them down the line. No idea why you would ever want them though. The only good IDWverse stuff was Furman's run.
    Furman's IDW run was trash and James Roberts and John Barber was what saved IDW TF comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Furman's IDW run was trash and James Roberts and John Barber was what saved IDW TF comics.
    If that's the case then why don't I own them and do own Furman? Its because Roberts and Barber were literally the people running TF when it tanked and was cancelled. Whatever good they once achieved was ruined by themselves. Everything after Dark Cybertron was so bad it ruined all of their work from before it. I'll give them that much, pre-Dark Cybertron was genuinely great. Keyword being "was". Barber went into autopilot mode and had clearly long since stopped caring. Roberts was especially heinous with him going full coomer and inserting his fetishes into the narrative. It's not just trash, its degenerate trash.

Fact of the matter is there's zero reason for Transformers to have genders, let alone all the other nonsensical crap Roberts was putting in to appeal to Twitter and his own sick fantasies. That's why what Furman did with Arcee was so genius. Jhiaxus introduced the concept of "Her" into the culture, creating "Him" as a byproduct. Almost an complete reversal of Adam and Eve with Jhiaxus playing god. It was a great way to keep gender as part of the franchise and actually have it make sense. Massively underrated.

For whatever reason pearl clutchers couldn't read and assumed this was "anti-women" despite the issue being very clear that male Transformers didn't exist either until Jhiaxus made them exist. Even more than that Furman created a victim, someone that a younger and abused me could relate to despite being a man. I felt Arcee's hatred and bloodlust towards my own perpetrators. It gave me an incredible outlet and understanding of a lot of things I was feeling myself. Arcee was genuinely one of the best characters in his run. Its a shame it had to be rushed to conclusion.

The fact that they tried to cancel the Larry Hama of Transformers over something that makes common sense as "robots are robots" is just laughable. That's not even getting into how left wing Furman is. Furman is the godfather of Transformers and deserves more respect than that. I hope Kirkman is smart and brings him back. I'd love to see him finish his Dreamwave stuff and IDW Beast Wars. It would be amazing if he could retcon his last two IDW series and finish the run properly.
    Last edited by wyokid; 01-08-2024 at 04:32 PM.