Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The More Than Meets The Eyes series is probably the one you'd want to check out.
    I'll echo this and leokearon's suggestion of The Wrecker's Saga. More Than Meets the Eye and Last Stand of The Wreckers are two of my favorite pieces of Transformers media.

I wish they'd put out omnibuses of just MTMTE and Lost Light, as opposed to the collections that split between that and Robots in Disguise. I'd love to own MTMTE/LL in hardcover collections.

Maybe they'll have James Roberts and Nick Roche participate in the one-shots they'll be doing to finish out the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I'll echo this and leokearon's suggestion of The Wrecker's Saga. More Than Meets the Eye and Last Stand of The Wreckers are two of my favorite pieces of Transformers media.

I wish they'd put out omnibuses of just MTMTE and Lost Light, as opposed to the collections that split between that and Robots in Disguise. I'd love to own MTMTE/LL in hardcover collections.

Maybe they'll have James Roberts and Nick Roche participate in the one-shots they'll be doing to finish out the year.
    I love Last Stand, I actually bought it twice, I first got the paperback and then I got the Hardback with all the bonus stuff signed by Nick Roche.

I would love to see Roberts and Roche come back for one last hurray.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    then I got the Hardback with all the bonus stuff signed by Nick Roche.
    That's really cool.

I always recommend someone read a trade version of Last Stand so they can read the bonus "Bullets" prose story.

That's really cool.

I always recommend someone read a trade version of Last Stand so they can read the bonus "Bullets" prose story.
    Definitely, if you are going to read Last Stand of the Wreckers, you have to get the Hardback version which has all the bonus material. They are also included in the Transformers: The Wreckers Saga collection which collects all three Wreckers stories.

Nick Roche is one of my favourite artists and he's Irish like me. I have even met him and gotten a sketch from him.

Yeah, never cared for The Wreckers pre-Last Stand but now I got one of the recent Impactor figures because of the story.

I like The Last Stand of the Wreckers but I'm not crazy about the art style Roche used for it (I loved the art style he used in Sins of the Wreckers) and the sheer amount of fanservice in it gets kind of annoying at times. It's a good story but not a great story.

Now Chaos Theory is a great story and is IMHO Roberts' best work, he does in 2 issues what other writers couldn't do in 200 issues he redefines Optimus Prime and Megatron and their relationship/backstory and makes them cool complex interesting and 3 dimensional characters again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Now Chaos Theory is a great story and is IMHO Roberts' best work, he does in 2 issues what other writers couldn't do in 200 issues he redefines Optimus Prime and Megatron and their relationship/backstory and makes them cool complex interesting and 3 dimensional characters again.
    Chaos Theory is outstanding. I'd put some consideration toward Shadowplay as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    I like The Last Stand of the Wreckers but I'm not crazy about the art style Roche used for it (I loved the art style he used in Sins of the Wreckers) and the sheer amount of fanservice in it gets kind of annoying at times. It's a good story but not a great story.

Yeah, it's a pipe dream of mine if someone could get one of Optimus and Megatron VAs to do a brief reading of Chaos Theory.

What Roberts does in Chaos Theory is laying the foundation for the second part of MTMTE following the Dark Cybertron crossover which finally shows Megatron realizing that he's become the very thing he hated the most when he started the Great War in the first place.

Transformers: Last Bot Standing by Nick Roche and E.J Su coming in May. I'm already excited.

Transformers: Last Bot Standing by Nick Roche and E.J Su coming in May. I'm already excited.
    Ooh. Sounds fun.

Now that we've got a Nick Roche story, can we have a one-shot from James Roberts showing one random adventure the alternate Lost Light has gone on?

Ah, sweet. Su's my favorite TF artist after Guidi.

Ooh. Sounds fun.

Now that we've got a Nick Roche story, can we have a one-shot from James Roberts showing one random adventure the alternate Lost Light has gone on?
    That would be cool

Latest issue of Beast Wars was damn good. It's such a shame it's getting cancelled so early.

What do you guys think of the upcoming Transformers: Micro Machines

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/02/23/...al-look-450608