Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Thats where I am at, right now. All hail Megatron. It got a lot of heat and I as myself, why?
    I think the main complaint, I guess aside from the shift in what Furman setup, is that it felt like a 6 issue story stretched out to 12.

Great artwork though.

I had a...very touchy relationship with AHM after having read all the Furman stuff beforehand.

BANNED

G1 Retro Reviews - Divide and Conquer

Thats where I am at, right now. All hail Megatron. It got a lot of heat and I as myself, why?
    It's not AHM that I dislike, in fact I really enjoyed it. I just felt like I had missed a couple of volumes or something. AHM itself I actually really like
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I had a...very touchy relationship with AHM after having read all the Furman stuff beforehand.
    I can mostly enjoy it on it's own but it's trying to place in what was happening with Furman's stuff beforehand that makes it such an oddity for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    It's not AHM that I dislike, in fact I really enjoyed it. I just felt like I had missed a couple of volumes or something. AHM itself I actually really like
    It reads like a blockbuster Michael Bay movie. For good or bad.

Haha!! How do you snap this thing? Could he trust Rumble to do it?

Well my reread of Phase One didn't end well. I gave up trying to read the final Chaos issues (wiki'd it) because I struggled so much with the art. I actually like the art style itself (I think it would be good in a crime noir work) and would like to check out some of his other work, but it was horrible for this. I could barely tell what was happening sometimes, and struggled to recognise bots at times too. Shame.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Linkara is doing a retrospect on the original Marvel Transformers run (isn't doing the Marvel UK ones sadly)

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

There were delays and some fans thought IDW's promotion of Drift was too much and it didn't help that he was supposed to be the new cool Autobot warrior and in AHM, and he's barely in it and has very little to do in it. Plus when they did the Transformers Spotlight: Drift it's only shows him joining the Autobots, then when they did the first Drift mini-series that told his backstory/origin. So they basically told Drift's origin backwards. Some fans were also upset that Furman's run was ending.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    There were delays and some fans thought IDW's promotion of Drift was too much and it didn't help that he was supposed to be the new cool Autobot warrior and in AHM, and he's barely in it and has very little to do in it. Plus when they did the Transformers Spotlight: Drift it's only shows him joining the Autobots, then when they did the first Drift mini-series that told his backstory/origin. So they basically told Drift's origin backwards. Some fans were also upset that Furman's run was ending.
    So, no real reason to get upset. I didnt mind all that.

how many publishers have the Transformers had since the 1980s, after Marvel?

I don't know where to begin on trade paperbacks (out of print or otherwise).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how many publishers have the Transformers had since the 1980s, after Marvel?

I don't know where to begin on trade paperbacks (out of print or otherwise).
    After Marvel came Dreamwave with the Main Series and an alternative Universe called Energon. And there was a mini called The War Within. It was a good read, but got canceled early, so I don't know if you should skip it and try the IDW Collections and start from there. It begins anew and you have a lot to read before the story comes to a conclusion.

Currently IDW has a reboot running, thats pretty fresh. I don't like it, and reviews are bad too.

Spectacular Member

So, no real reason to get upset. I didnt mind all that.
    I think also it kind of white washed/ignored a lot of what Furman had done. Transformer designs were changed, a lot of the -ation stuff was curtailed/kind of ignored or downllayed to promote this story.