Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

First issue of the Shattered Glass mini was a decent/fun starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    First issue of the Shattered Glass mini was a decent/fun starter.
    I gave in and got it. I thought it was fun enough to keep going. I didn't realize Guido Guidi was on art, which was a nice surprise.

Beast Wars was fine. I'd like to see the series take more weird chances to differentiate it from the original. That, or just have more happen in each issue; I like dialogue heavy comics, but this doesn't always feel like the talking is doing enough to advance the plot or make the characters more engaging. I did enjoy the information Terrorsaur gave about Skold and why he treats her so terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I gave in and got it. I thought it was fun enough to keep going. I didn't realize Guido Guidi was on art, which was a nice surprise.

Beast Wars was fine. I'd like to see the series take more weird chances to differentiate it from the original. That, or just have more happen in each issue; I like dialogue heavy comics, but this doesn't always feel like the talking is doing enough to advance the plot or make the characters more engaging. I did enjoy the information Terrorsaur gave about Skold and why he treats her so terribly.
    This is something I've been wanting from the new BW stuff also since it's finally a full-on new incarnation not another prequel/interquel thing. Like the stuff in the early years of IDW's old G1 continuity.

I have to say, I am very much looking forward to Warlord Goldbug and seeing how evil Prowl can be with even fewer constraints on his morality than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This is something I've been wanting from the new BW stuff also since it's finally a full-on new incarnation not another prequel/interquel thing. Like the stuff in the early years of IDW's old G1 continuity.
    You're not the only one.

The Beast Wars era (that also includes Beast Machines, RID2K1, Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo the latter two Japanese shows) and has so much untapped potential instead of using time travel, Golden Disks, and a small cast of the same characters to either fill in missing pieces from a cartoon show from the 90s or just retell a the same story as a comic book series that doesn't need a retelling or a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    You're not the only one.

The Beast Wars era (that also includes Beast Machines, RID2K1, Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo the latter two Japanese shows) and has so much untapped potential instead of using time travel, Golden Disks, and a small cast of the same characters to either fill in missing pieces from a cartoon show from the 90s or just retell a the same story as a comic book series that doesn't need a retelling or a reboot.
    Yeah, I wasn't particularly a fan of it overall but it's why I appreciated the premise of Beast Wars: Uprising.

Considering how many years it's been since I last watched it, I did not realize King Grimlock was a reference to the G1 episode Madman's Paradise. That's actually really neat. Good second issue; I like Arko and Grimlock as a tandem.

I'm still enjoying the build in the main series too. Lots of moving pieces, some plot development, fun action sequences. I loved the last page of the new issues. The main question is spoilers:
    who, if anyone, the Enigma of Combination gets used on. For Autobots, the obvious pick is Victorion, since I can't remember seeing much from the Protectobots or Aerialbots. Bruticus could be a possibility for the Decepticons with the Combaticons present, though Swindle is off doing his own thing. I wonder if we'll ever see Abominus outside of flashbacks.
    end of spoilers

Are we supposed to use spoiler tags for important plot details from recent issues in this thread? I wasn't sure and figured I'd just take the safe route.

BANNED

Music video featuring various animations from the Transformers toy commercials.

Neat video. Thanks for posting it.

So that Halloween Special from today featuring Starscream...wowzers. That was one messed up ending. It was nice to get something focusing on Screamer in general; he hasn't had a lot to do lately and I liked getting to read more about the motivations of this version.

Shattered Glass mini continues to be pretty good with the second issue. Pulls a lot from the pre-war stuff in the previous IDW continuity.

BANNED

Lol! Megatron owns Prowl!

BANNED

TRANSFORMERS: THE BASICS on THE ARK

BANNED

This one scene really shows Optimus Prime having fun and gives a lot of characterization...

BANNED

Brian Goldner, the Hasbro CEO Who Spearheaded the Transformer Movies, Has Died https://www.ign.com/articles/hasbro-...s-transformers