Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This really hurts. Mr. Wyatt was involved in so many of my favorite cartoons growing up and had such strong design sense and ties to the fandom.

I remember when so many people (including myself) were skeptical about Animated because of the designs and approach only to be won over by the style, characters, and how much love for the franchise went into it, and a lot of that came from Derrick J. wyatt.

RIP Mr. Wyatt. Thank you for all you have contributed as an artist and as a creator.

Really shocking news. Rest in Peace.

All-New Member

So not been buying comics for some time (lack of space).
    I used to love the original IDW continuity, but stopped collecting just after all hail Megatron.
    How good are the rest of the books on a scale of 1-Sandman?

Need to know if I should buy more before they go out of print!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alexface View Post
    I used to love the original IDW continuity, but stopped collecting just after all hail Megatron.

I wouldn't rate them, because its a mixed bag but mostly good story and art, so it keeps me reading.

The thing is I don't want to buy the rest of the books out of fomo. Its not exactly cheap and I would be a big investment. On the other side I fear that after they get out of print I have to pay even higher prices for them. So, a loose loose situation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexface View Post

The More Than Meets The Eyes series is probably the one you'd want to check out.

More than Meets the Eye (Especially the first 'season' issues 1-22) and The Wreckers Saga (Last Stand of the Wreckers, Sins of the Wreckers and Requiem of the Wreckers) are books you would want to check out.

If I wanted to get into the IDW Transformers continuity, where should I start?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They reset the whole continuity in 2019. If you are talking about the one that started in 2005 when they first got the licence, then you should start at the beginning with The Transformers: Infiltration as the later comics still reference the early adventures. Of course they are losing rthe licence so jumping on now is a bad idea.

You could also check out Transformers: Historia which came out in 2019 and summaries the entire first continuity and then read what things interest you.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For the original continuity, Transformers: Infiltration was where the original IDW continuity started so you can start there if you want to go from the very beginning.

IDW relaunched in 2012 with two new ongoings, More Than Meets the Eye and Robots in Disguise, which were both fairly decent jumping on points from what I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    They reset the whole continuity in 2019. If you are talking about the one that started in 2005 when they first got the licence, then you should start at the beginning with The Transformers: Infiltration as the later comics still reference the early adventures. Of course they are losing rthe licence so jumping on now is a bad idea.

You could also check out Transformers: Historia which came out in 2019 and summaries the entire first continuity and then read what things interest you.
    For the original continuity, Transformers: Infiltration was where the original IDW continuity started so you can start there if you want to go from the very beginning.

IDW relaunched in 2012 with two new ongoings, More Than Meets the Eye and Robots in Disguise, which were both fairly decent jumping on points from what I recall.

Thank you both.

Beast Wars is the best! The Beast Wars IDW from 2006 were some of my very first comics and man was that art good for the first 6 issues or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ready Eddie View Post
    Beast Wars is the best! The Beast Wars IDW from 2006 were some of my very first comics and man was that art good for the first 6 issues or something.
    The Art was good by Don Figueroa but the story was weak. Furman just reusing character types from his G1 run and very few of the characters got any development.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The Art was good by Don Figueroa but the story was weak. Furman just reusing character types from his G1 run and very few of the characters got any development.
    IIRC it's basically a side story to the Beast Wars cartoon show with characters and toys that didn't make into the CGI show and/or some that made it into the Japanese TV shows Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo. As good as that CGI show were (and it's often the best or at the very least it's easily in the 3 three TF shows) it never needed a side-story comic to explain where characters and toys that never made it into the show were at and what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    IIRC it's basically a side story to the Beast Wars cartoon show with characters and toys that didn't make into the CGI show and/or some that made it into the Japanese TV shows Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo. As good as that CGI show were (and it's often the best or at the very least it's easily in the 3 three TF shows) it never needed a side-story comic to explain where characters and toys that never made it into the show were at and what they were doing.
    True, it would have helped if it wasn't rushed and Furman didn't literally dump everyone who didn't get into the show into a four issue mini.