Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    My first Transformer was Wheeljack. Still one of my favorite characters in the series.
    LOL! Another one of my favorites, as well.
    I know the toy version didn't do it, but I liked it when his ears flashed everytime he spoke (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-29-2022 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Another one of my favorites, as well.
    I know the toy version didn't do it, but I liked it when his ears flashed everytime he spoke (XD)

It was very cool and necessary since his mouth/faceplate didn't move

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Younger me didn't think what I'm about to state about Wheeljack.
    Young Adult me, re-watching the OG series in the late 90s decided that Wheeljack's flashing "ears" was a secondary communication method. His faceplate as a speaker worked for audible transmission.
    The flashing was something like Morse Code or other "universal" light system that their space travels had made them aware about.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Younger me didn't think what I'm about to state about Wheeljack.
    Young Adult me, re-watching the OG series in the late 90s decided that Wheeljack's flashing "ears" was a secondary communication method. His faceplate as a speaker worked for audible transmission.
    The flashing was something like Morse Code or other "universal" light system that their space travels had made them aware about.
    Not a bad theory

Astonishing Member

My first Transformer was Getaway. Second was Crankcase and third Power Master Optimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    My first Transformer was Getaway. Second was Crankcase and third Power Master Optimus Prime.
    Poor Crankcase being outnumbered by two Powermasters and one of them is Optimus

Now you know why he was so cranky!

I wanted powermaster prime as a kid but never got him.

SDCC will see more news of the new cartoon Earthspark

Introducing Transformers: EarthSpark!

Friday, July 22, 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. (Room: 6A): Autobots, Roll Out! Meet the next generation of heroes in the new original animated series, Transformers: EarthSpark. From Nickelodeon and Entertainment One, the all-new Paramount+ Original Series will showcase an insider event that celebrates a new take on the iconic global franchise with a behind-the-scenes look at art, casting, never-before-seen clips and a first time look at the Hasbro toyline inspired by the series. Featured panelists include all-new series voice talent– Danny Pudi (Bumblebee), Kat Khavari (Twitch) and Zeno Robinson (Thrash)–along with co-executive producer Dale Malinowski and executive producer Ant Ward. Moderated by Mike Cecchini, Editor-in-Chief, Den of Geek.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Now you know why he was so cranky!

I wanted powermaster prime as a kid but never got him.
    Every kid wanted an Optimus Prime. The G2 Illuminator/Laser Optimus Prime was my first Prime. I managed to find a Powermaster Prime (along with a G1 Ultra Magnus) in a second hand shop a few years back and managed to restore him and Magnus.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Every kid wanted an Optimus Prime. The G2 Illuminator/Laser Optimus Prime was my first Prime. I managed to find a Powermaster Prime (along with a G1 Ultra Magnus) in a second hand shop a few years back and managed to restore him and Magnus.
    I even had the chance to get a Megatron, but I thought he looked too stupid as a toy, lol....damn

I even had the chance to get a Megatron, but I thought he looked too stupid as a toy, lol....damn
    Same here, remember I could have gotten a G1 Megatron but wasn't too keen on the way he looked, my first Megatron was the original Beast Wars Megatron

My interest in the toys have always been around but I just started growing interest in the comics. I have to say I’m kinda glad IDW lost the rights and transformers are going somewhere else only because there were soooo many different transformers comics and spin offs as a new reader it was pretty intimidating and daunting to learn that new timeline. I just hope whichever publisher gains the rights can do them justice as I’m really eager to read some.

The contents of IDW's Transformers: Best of the Rarities coming out in August has been revealed. Just seeing the final panel of Perchance to Dream in colour is worth the price alone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Same here, remember I could have gotten a G1 Megatron but wasn't too keen on the way he looked, my first Megatron was the original Beast Wars Megatron
    Yeah, same with Eternia from Motu. Could have gotten it in 2000 for 120 bucks and was broke at the time. And now I won't pay 2000-3000 for it. Damn again.

Yeah, same with Eternia from Motu. Could have gotten it in 2000 for 120 bucks and was broke at the time. And now I won't pay 2000-3000 for it. Damn again.
    At least now you can get a MOTU Origins Eternia.

Well SDCC has showed off Legacy Wave Three, so far Skullgrin is the most interesting along with BW Inferno. Pointblank... I mean Blanker and Crankcase, I really need to see their alt modes and if Crankcase has a Triggercon gimmick or at least a homage to it.