Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    If Steve was a mutant, he and Jean would definitely have been a couple and the premier leaders of mutantkind.
    I'm actually cool with that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    As if most of the time it wasn't Scarlet Witch, Cap and Avengers fans that derail threads here. Recent example in the world without Xavier thread and this same thread when you started it by saying that Wanda and Cap are not considered heroes by X-Fans while Apocalypse and Sinister are.

Captain America, Scarlet Witch and the Avengers have behaved in a certain way towards the X-Men in the past years, we're on the X-Boards so we obviously get defensive about it.

No one forcibly abducted Franklin. The FF over reacted, escalated the situation when Sue attacked Magneto (a head of state of a foreign country) and then invaded said foreign country, all while mutants had tried to help them find Franklin and Val. They should be on trial, but they're privileged being human superheroes.
    I was enjoying the thread and y'all just had to bring the FF into it...
    They shouldn't be on trial, tons of heroes go to other countries and fight their heads of state. It's practically part of being a superhero. Magneto and Krakoa ain't special lol.
    This trial stuff is hilarious because then practically every hero in the MU should on trial somewhere.

Anyway, to try and steer things back.
    Very little would change for mutants, but things would be different for Cap. He'd still be Captain America but face prejudice and his title would not be treated as important as it is. Obama was the freaking president of the United States but that didn't change much for the black population and racism towards them.
    So for mutants, having Cap be one of them would do next to nothing.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-20-2020 at 07:35 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

If Steve was a mutant, he and Jean would definitely have been a couple and the premier leaders of mutantkind.
    Steve and Jean being at least friend is long overdue

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Steve and Jean being at least friend is long overdue
    Especially after this. Wish we could have seen them interact more.

If flatscan rogers was a mutant they'd be worse as he'd be the premiere uncle ruckus.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I was enjoying the thread and y'all just had to bring the FF into it...
    They shouldn't be on trial, tons of heroes go to other countries and fight their heads of state. It's practically part of being a superhero. Magneto and Krakoa ain't special lol.
    This trial stuff is hilarious because then practically every hero in the MU should on trial somewhere.

Anyway, to try and steer things back.
    Very little would change for mutants, but things would be different for Cap. He'd still be Captain America but face prejudice and his title would not be treated as important as it is. Obama was the freaking president of the United States but that didn't change much for the black population and racism towards them.
    So for mutants, having Cap be one of them would do next to nothing.
    nomad would be an arch similar to how collosus became an acolyte, that's all it would change really I agree with you

BANNED

If you're new to this then that's why you haven't seen that for years and years, every post in every thread is about hating on Captain America, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, the Avengers, the Inhumans, the Fantastic Four, etc. The Fantastic Four was actually just recently put on the X-Men's hit list because posters here believe a child should be forcibly abducted from his parents because they aren't mutants like he is while his human sister isn't worth anything to them.
    this is a very "pot calling the kettle back" because whenever im scrolling bored trough other threads most of the time I see you post the same "i used to enjoy the x-men but x-men fans are evil and toxic and so are the current stories, i long for the past" tirade.
    We know we poke fun at the rest of the M.U, but it's just jokes on stuff that really doesn't matter no point in getting rilled up.
    Last edited by Ferro; 06-21-2020 at 12:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    this is a very "pot calling the kettle back" because whenever im scrolling bored trough other threads most of the time I see you post the same "i used to enjoy the x-men but x-men fans are evil and toxic and so are the current stories, i long for the past" tirade.
    Strawman. Not every X-fan is bad, but you could try to do some introspection about why people think like that rather than chase them off.

We know we poke fun at the rest of the M.U, but it's just jokes on stuff that really doesn't matter no point in getting rilled up.
    This isn't about "poking fun," and framing this as merely theatre or "jokes" isn't compelling. Of course people have the right to be upset when things are posted which upset them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    All that means is I am a fan of a certain era of X-Men because what I see now, a bunch of terrorist-harboring child kidnappers, are not the X-Men. And to see the fandom eat this up and justify their actions disgust me. Especially when the same fandom finds the X-Men unproblematic but thinks certain MU characters deserve to be burnt for what they've supposedly done.

It's hardly poking fun and they're definitely not jokes. People here are very serious when they say that Franklin should be ripped apart from his parents or certain Avengers characters should be killed or imprisoned.

All that means is I am a fan of a certain era of X-Men because what I see now, a bunch of terrorist-harboring child kidnappers, are not the X-Men. And to see the fandom eat this up and justify their actions disgust me. Especially when the same fandom finds the X-Men unproblematic but thinks certain MU characters deserve to be burnt for what they've supposedly done.

It's hardly poking fun and they're definitely not jokes. People here are very serious when they say that Franklin should be ripped apart from his parents or certain Avengers characters should be killed or imprisoned.
    First of all, it's fictional characters and we do fun shade towards some of them. Second, we've had like three interactions and you've called Emma names in all of them, and you also do that for Cyclops. Is that different than us saying stuff about the Pretender?

Third thing, I've seen you bring the FF, Captain America and Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel in threads just for the sake of saying X-Men fans are hateful towards them, including this one.

First of all, it's fictional characters and we do fun shade towards some of them. Second, we've had like three interactions and you've called Emma names in all of them, and you also do that for Cyclops. Is that different than us saying stuff about the Pretender?

Third thing, I've seen you bring the FF, Captain America and Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel in threads just for the sake of saying X-Men fans are hateful towards them, including this one.
    It's hardly fun or pleasant especially when the disrespect has occurred for years here.

Your particular favorite is a character who I feel was given a disproportionate amount of representation that she most certainly did NOT deserve especially at the expense of other female characters so I have no interest in promoting her further by using her name. She will remain unnamed by me. As for Cyclops, I've called him Cyclops or Scott most of the time so next time do a better job of skimming through my posts and tracking down my mentions of him since you seem to care so much.

I've only ever brought up said characters when I've seen others pick on them here first. My first mention of Wanda, Steve, Carol, the FF, etc. was precisely because in that thread, these very same characters were brought up first. Since you seem to know my post history so well, I'm sure you wouldn't mind tracking down that very thread and finding all those references.

BTW, I literally have no idea who the Pretender is. Ironic since when I use the term "fake blonde" you immediately know who I am referring to.

It's hardly fun or pleasant especially when the disrespect has occurred for years here.

Your particular favorite is a character who I feel was given a disproportionate amount of representation that she most certainly did NOT deserve especially at the expense of other female characters so I have no interest in promoting her further by using her name. She will remain unnamed by me. As for Cyclops, I've called him Cyclops or Scott most of the time so next time do a better job of skimming through my posts and tracking down my mentions of him since you seem to care so much.

I've only ever brought up said characters when I've seen others pick on them here first. My first mention of Wanda, Steve, Carol, the FF, etc. was precisely because in that thread, these very same characters were brought up first. Since you seem to know my post history so well, I'm sure you wouldn't mind tracking down that very thread and finding all those references.

BTW, I literally have no idea who the Pretender is. Ironic since when I use the term "fake blonde" you immediately know who I am referring to.
    You know you "disrespect" Scott just as much. Your reasoning for not liking Emma doesn't justify the fact that you're calling us out on something that you do yourself with characters you do not like.

I don't need to find references, just look at this thread (a thread about Captain America where of course we'd be talking about him). Here you also lied by saying that we've said that Apocalypse and Sinister are better heroes than Captain Marvel and Captain America and you brought the FF into the conversation.

You know you "disrespect" Scott just as much. Your reasoning for not liking Emma doesn't justify the fact that you're calling us out on something that you do yourself with characters you do not like.

I don't need to find references, just look at this thread (a thread about Captain America where of course we'd be talking about him). Here you also lied by saying that we've said that Apocalypse and Sinister are better heroes than Captain Marvel and Captain America and you brought the FF into the conversation.
    I dislike a certain incarnation of Scott who I call Wrongclops because he is not the Cyclops I know or accept. That may personally offend you since it's likely the Cyclops you prefer going by who you stan. And what have I said offensive about your stan besides the fact that her hair color isn't natural? Believe me, I avoid acknowledging her as much as I can and even this bit of conversation with you is too much for my taste.

As soon as this thread was created, I knew it was going to turn into a thread that just hates on Captain America which is pretty much exactly what happened. And it was just one of many threads created in a similar period that were attacking MU characters hence why I brought up their names here. Review your history next time please for everyone's sake because I'm sure even your stan would disapprove since she claims to be a schoolteacher and all. I hardly lied since the general implication here is that Apocalypse and Sinister are all forgiven just like the other villains (Magneto, Mystique, Selene, Exodus, your stan, etc.) You frankly just sound upset because it's clear to you that I don't give your stan an iota of importance.

Why are you making this about stanning? I don't stan anyone, I like all X-Women and I happen to have an Emma avatar. It's about you coming to threads and claiming X-Fans are this bad thing but you do the same thing you accuse us of towards characters you don't like (you say fake blonde in derogatory terms and you've said she's full of STDs), and you start the arguments! You brought the FF, Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch into this.

Again, I gave an explanation about Apocalypse and Sinister in previous pages and no one is saying they're heroes.

The reason I feel X-Fans have devolved is precisely because of how they've picked on MU characters for years and I've just realized that it was in fact you who in this very thread justified the kidnapping of Franklin Richards and felt Sue and Reed should be put on trial for trying to recover their son. Do you realize how low X-Fans must have fallen when one of them is actually condoning a child being ripped apart from his parents? I'm horrified that this is perceived as an acceptable practice here. Fake blonde is hardly derogatory although I do find it offensive that she was given prominence when an actual blonde with an actual British accent was the original amoral telepath of the X-Men but nobody cared about her so she was race-swapped and sexualized in order to gain relevance. I haven't started any arguments here, I made comments about how certain MU characters like the ones you listed are constantly dragged here.