Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's Franklin and he's in his Power Pack costume.
    That is Franklin in his Power Pack costume. But the question was if this ad was something for us the readers, or if it was an in-universe ad about the Mutant Registration act which actually did feature Franklin. I don't remember any mention of this Franklin ad in the comics and I'm sure Reed and Sue wouldn't stand for it even for a second. And like I said before, where would the people making the ad get a picture of Franklin in his Power Pack costume? I'm reading the Power Pack omnibus right now and they weren't a publicly known group and Franklin's association with them was even more clandestine.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The "Franklin Richards is a mutie" ad isn't canon in the 616 universe. It was just an ad for the books which is weird since the MRA never affected the Fantastic Four title.
    "Cable was right!"

I've seen that add countless times. It never even crossed my mind that it might be Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The "Franklin Richards is a mutie" ad isn't canon in the 616 universe. It was just an ad for the books which is weird since the MRA never affected the Fantastic Four title.
    I would love to see a mutant hating group try to mess with Franklin while Sue is at home.

Please someone write this...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would love to see a mutant hating group try to mess with Franklin while Sue is at home.

Please someone write this...
    That would be epic. Sue would trash those idiots . . . Even Reed, absentminded and oblivious as he can be to anything not science-related, wouldn't stand for that crap. And let's not forget Ben and Johnny. Of course, then we have to ask the uncomfortable question, "What about the other mutants who aren't lucky enough to have the Fantastic Four as their family and protectors?"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be epic. Sue would trash those idiots . . . Even Reed, absentminded and oblivious as he can be to anything not science-related, wouldn't stand for that crap. And let's not forget Ben and Johnny. Of course, then we have to ask the uncomfortable question, "What about the other mutants who aren't lucky enough to have the Fantastic Four as their family and protectors?"
    Sounds like the start of a good story to me.

Hell, this should have been the story in 2020 FF/X-Men.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

It's not that far off from what we did get. There were still bigots who went after Franklin, just turned out to be the X-Men in this case.

And then the argument could've been over the best way to ensure that mutant children survive and thrive in the world --- take the X-Men's current approach and f*** off to a living island that they can then declare as a sovereign nation-state, or the X-Men's usual default of trying to win over the hearts and minds of humanity at large so mutants can coexist peacefully with humans. That said, the usual approach might have had a better chance of working if nonmutant allies, whether regular humans or within the larger superhero community, weren't written to be utterly impotent or downright unhelpful when it came to supporting mutant rights over the years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And then the argument could've been over the best way to ensure that mutant children survive and thrive in the world --- take the X-Men's current approach and f*** off to a living island that they can then declare as a sovereign nation-state, or the X-Men's usual default of trying to win over the hearts and minds of humanity at large so mutants can coexist peacefully with humans.
    That's not an argument that's the privilege of editorial that allows the characters to change the status quo. Would you have preferred them not try to make peace with humanity? That wouldn't solve anything, either. Krakoa isn't the final answer to this, this is the calm before the storm - all they did was move from being hated and feared in a mansion to being hated and feared on an island.

That said, the usual approach might have had a better chance of working if nonmutant allies, whether regular humans or within the larger superhero community, weren't written to be utterly impotent or downright unhelpful when it came to supporting mutant rights over the years.
    The were written like that because they exist in separate corners of Marvel. The reason this type of argument fails is that it's used against characters who aren't mutant bigots, the fact that the characters have no agency in the themes which get explored in their own titles and it is hypocritical when it's reversed whenever the other super-heroes are facing their own issues and the X-men are nowhere to be found. Did they want Peter Parker's life to be ruined by the Clone Saga, for example? They could have solved that in five seconds if they bothered to care and that's easier to solve than racism and oppression.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Avengres were't promoted at the expense of X-men.
    Ahahahahaha

After the attack the X-Men come offering Franklin a place in Krakoa as danger to mutants outside of it has risen. The book should of been a discussion of what's best for both Franklin and mutantkind as he's not the only mutant whose parents would prefer they stay with them. Have it end with the FF taking steps to protect mutants not fortunate enough to go to Krakoa and Franklin being able to visit Krakoa with restrictions (like he has to be home by 10pm and things like that).

That's how I wanted the mini to go, but hero vs hero trumps all I guess...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Spectacular Member

I feel like nothing would change for mutants if captain america was a mutant. The X-men has saved many people in stories and yet people still hate them so I don’t think captain america can change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by scilover View Post
    I feel like nothing would change for mutants if captain america was a mutant. The X-men has saved many people in stories and yet people still hate them so I don’t think captain america can change anything.
    Considering that when Cap did take a stand against the U.S. government through S.H.I.E.L.D. trying to corral all superhumans into registering, he was widely lambasted as a traitor to the country, even though the country was ultimately betraying its own alleged/stated values by forcing citizens (and even noncitizens, to some extent) to register just for having powers . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    After the attack the X-Men come offering Franklin a place in Krakoa as danger to mutants outside of it has risen. The book should of been a discussion of what's best for both Franklin and mutantkind as he's not the only mutant whose parents would prefer they stay with them. Have it end with the FF taking steps to protect mutants not fortunate enough to go to Krakoa and Franklin being able to visit Krakoa with restrictions (like he has to be home by 10pm and things like that).

That's how I wanted the mini to go, but hero vs hero trumps all I guess...
    I agree that would have been the better, more nuanced way to go that didn't make either side look like jerks.