Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    that scene is pretty much the most childish and nebulous take at trying to make a political statement, even less apropriate because its supossed to be the final statement (of a book that realy had a lot of words but said nothing at all of actual value, just nebulous concepts witout any actual bite or content to it) , "oh its just the evil bullies and totaly not entire system of laws, institutions and other complex sociopolitica and historic components, lets justh old hands and sing kumbaya with no actual change or reform, we are one race <3"
    Yeah it was just a bunch of sentences instead of doing something that could bring lasting change.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Well, the forums aren’t segregated.
    They aren’t Krakoa, which only let in certain ppl and only espouse one train of thought.

W. that in mind, I was always taught two things.
    One, it’s often not what you say but how you say it, and two, if you constantly talk shit, that’s fine, but don’t act surprised or offended when ppl talk shit back to you.

Certain posters in this forum express themselves in a heavy handed, angry, snide manner towards any character not a mutant, certain characters in particular.
    Stands to reason fans of those other characters are going to respond in like manner.
    You guys deflected the thread actually, with the comments about the X-fans. Most of the discussion was still about Cap with a few jokes thrown in that I'm sure the Captain can take.

Let us go back to the question asked by LordAllMighty and call it a day.

I think that Cap being a mutant would have impacted him, but how much would depend on how many people knew about mutants at the time. Were they already public knowledge?? I always thought that they started being on the public eye after WWII and the atomic bombs.

No. People are quite capable of adopting a prominent member of a minority as a pet while continuing to treat all others with derision.

He'd probably fit in fine as he's another white straight male.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    No. People are quite capable of adopting a prominent member of a minority as a pet while continuing to treat all others with derision.
    that most likely be the case for a mutant cap, but his fall from grace would probably be far more dramatic as well.
    Nomad would certaintly cause more chaos.
    Last edited by Ferro; 06-09-2020 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Can you direct me to a scene that shows Franklin having a god complex?
    Literally any run of current Fantastic 4 where he appears specifically that one issue where Ben forced him to work at the community shelter comes to mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Literally any run of current Fantastic 4 where he appears specifically that one issue where Ben forced him to work at the community shelter comes to mind.
    i heard the current run is rough with a big R

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Yeah.
    The world would see not all mutants are intent on creating or being brainwashed into joining, a cult, and barricading themselves on an island, where they grow and sell drugs to the very ppl they claim to be better than and not need.
    America is a worse cult than Krakoa tbh.
    Last edited by Glio; 06-09-2020 at 06:38 AM.

BANNED

The fact that Jesus Christ and his original 12 apostles were all Jewish did not prevent Christians from persecuting Jews for some 2000 years.

So Captain America being a mutant would not suddenly improve mutant rights overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The fact that Jesus Christ and his original 12 apostles were all Jewish did not prevent Christians from persecuting Jews for some 2000 years.

So Captain America being a mutant would not suddenly improve mutant rights overnight.
    Well, I doubt that most of the Christians think of Jesus Christ as a Jew. But, if I remember well, the persecutions of the Jews have been justified because Jesus has been killed by them.

Captain America could be a mutant, but to be 'Captain America', he should be the hero of mutants and non-mutants. Given the relationships and the tensions between these two communities, he would be in an uncomfortable position. A balancing act.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i heard the current run is rough with a big R
    It's boring as hell.

Maybe the Captain America "coming out" as a Mutant' would be similar to other "Firsts" Like when Man walked on the moon, there was a upswell of pride and accomplishment esp Americans, Or a Country getting its first female Prime Minister....Orrrr when Barak Obama became president, I can see People feeling betrayed/hurt that their "Capt" is now a mutie. There'd be empty gestures of healing former crimes against mutants...like painting the Sentinels Red White & Blue. Humans getting annoyed of their mutant neighbors....since Mutant oppression was over, Obviously! Steve Rogers is one!!
    And then a big backlash against all that , with even Bigger Sentinels, and more virsuses lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Well, I doubt that most of the Christians think of Jesus Christ as a Jew. But, if I remember well, the persecutions of the Jews have been justified because Jesus has been killed by them.
    Well it wouldnt be justified according to the Jesus's teachings.
    And Even if Jesus was real......Killing one bisexual carpenter is no way shape or form a reason to began a campaign of hatred against a whole people.
    +
    Pontius Pilate was the Emperor who ordered his death and He was Roman.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Maybe the Captain America "coming out" as a Mutant' would be similar to other "Firsts" Like when Man walked on the moon, there was a upswell of pride and accomplishment esp Americans, Or a Country getting its first female Prime Minister....Orrrr when Barak Obama became president, I can see People feeling betrayed/hurt that their "Capt" is now a mutie. There'd be empty gestures of healing former crimes against mutants...like painting the Sentinels Red White & Blue. Humans getting annoyed of their mutant neighbors....since Mutant oppression was over, Obviously! Steve Rogers is one!!
    And then a big backlash against all that , with even Bigger Sentinels, and more virsuses lol

Well it wouldnt be justified according to the Jesus's teachings.
    And Even if Jesus was real......Killing one bisexual carpenter is no way shape or form a reason to began a campaign of hatred against a whole people.
    +
    Pontius Pilate was the Emperor who ordered his death and He was Roman.
    I have the feeling that you're very eager to convince some... let's say, devout believers.
    Well, there are no more any persecutions of Jews and I think that the Christians don't care anymore who is responsible. Old stuff…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Hating Jews for killing Jesus makes no more sense than having beef with Romans for killing Caesar. Also, I think it’s a tad premature to declare anti-semitism over after centuries because no-one’s done a pogrom for at least six months.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The answer to that question would depend heavily on the writer(s)...as these things always do.
    Consider when Beast was a full-time member of the Avengers...as written, there was no significant impact on how the world saw mutants.
    Consider the recent run with Rogue etc. joining an Avengers team...as written, there was no significant, lasting impact on how the world saw mutants.

I think non-X writers just prefer to leave that story trajectory up to the X-Offices/Writers. I can understand that. As well they should. As it may very well be outside their established purview, regardless of the shared universe.

So...my answer is...Most likely not.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-09-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It wouldn't matter because the NPCs in Marvel are morons.
    "Cable was right!"