Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    just putting the panel because I noticed the links were acting wonky because of Ryan's name, and I didn't see a image in here; so I threw the image up for anyone who may have an issuing seeing it were just lazy.
    oh okay! Sorry!
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Place you're bets, if Kate Kane gets tossed as Batwoman, what happens to her?

-Dies, now Bruce can brood about Alfred and Kate
    -Amnesia, becomes a civilian, hope she doesn't start driving taxis
    -Becomes a villain, since Jason isn't filling that role (joins her sister's cult?)
    -Limbo with her cousin Bette, occasional cameo
    -Gets a new mantle - introducing Kane! It's not a duck, but the color scheme probably can't be red and white stripes (candy cane) since she's Jewish so...
    -Settles in an alternate universe
    -Joins the army

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to assume she'll become the new Batgirl since she's being introduced in the last issue of Batgirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wouldn't it be more reasonable to assume she'll become the new Batgirl since she's being introduced in the last issue of Batgirl?
    The character was created as a Batwoman replacement though, so where's the synergy in making her Batgirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    The character was created as a Batwoman replacement though, so where's the synergy in making her Batgirl?
    True, but she's appearing in Batgirl's book...is one redhead crimefighter equally replaceable ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    True, but she's appearing in Batgirl's book...is one redhead crimefighter equally replaceable ?
    Generally speaking, Babs sells better than Kate. And DC has frequently treated Kate badly during her short time (14 years) in comics - so it wouldn't surprise me if she's thrown under the bus.

Babs on the other hand is about to appear in another videogame and the Titans tv series, plus she appears in more places like the animations etc too.

Also, does anyone else feel like DC is regretting giving Bruce blood relatives? The treatment of Kate and Damian lately has felt weird. Whilst Bette, Alice, and Jacob only exist to Kate - maybe that's why they're tossing Kate as she complicates Bruce's family story.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-22-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Incredible Member

-Becomes a villain, since Jason isn't filling that role (joins her sister's cult?)
    -Gets a new mantle - introducing Kane! It's not a duck, but the color scheme probably can't be red and white stripes (candy cane) since she's Jewish so...
    -Joins the army
    The candy cane option seems most likely
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Incredible Member

Generally speaking, Babs sells better than Kate. And DC has frequently treated Kate badly during her short time (14 years) in comics - so it wouldn't surprise me if she's thrown under the bus.

Babs on the other hand is about to appear in another videogame and the Titans tv series, plus she appears in more places like the animations etc too.

Also, does anyone else feel like DC is regretting giving Bruce blood relatives? The treatment of Kate and Damian lately has felt weird. Whilst Bette, Alice, and Jacob only exist to Kate - maybe that's why they're tossing Kate as she complicates Bruce's family story.
    that's an interesting theory. Makes sense

The treatment of Kate and Damian lately has felt weird.
    I don't think those are comparable. Kate's just not been in much; she hasn't had a big and negative shift in her personality and actions the way Damian has.

Whilst Bette, Alice, and Jacob only exist to Kate - maybe that's why they're tossing Kate as she complicates Bruce's family story.
    Wouldn't that run counter to Tynion's intentions in his Batman run though? He had this to say in a Screenrant interview:

I want to heal some of the rifts in the Bat family in a way that helps create new story, shift some status quos. A robust Bat family is part of the Gotham City experience. And as we move into 2021 that is a key part of it.
    Dropping someone who is literally Bruce's family as well as a loyal ally doesn't sound like a "robust" Batfamily that's healing to me.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

-Joins the army
    I think her going civvie as a cape and going into the military could keep her around in an interesting capacity, and hopefully allow her to avoid the full limbo treatment. Death, amnesia, and villainy all seem too mean-spirited, and while alternate universe or a new mantle could work in theory, it would be easy to send her off like poochie. which leaves army, which would track with her character's story (from the little I know of her) and it has potential to go any number of interesting ways. personally, I'm still hoping that if they do make Ryan Batwoman in the comics they go the movie route and have them be a team. the only hiccup is that they appear to be doing that with Cass and Steph as Batgirls, but hopefully Stephanie will stay Spoiler and in that case it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    The candy cane option seems most likely
    Actually yeah, let's go with the red and white stripes anyway (codename Kane). Also give her amnesia, and while we're at it make her a supervillain who drives a taxi, because reasons. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Dropping someone who is literally Bruce's family as well as a loyal ally doesn't sound like a "robust" Batfamily that's healing to me.
    That's in-universe you're talking about though, and I'm speaking meta. If she get's killed/injured/erased etc it wouldn't be Bruce's fault, it'd be the editorial's.

That's in-universe you're talking about though, and I'm speaking meta. If she get's killed/injured/erased etc it wouldn't be Bruce's fault, it'd be the editorial's.
    I'm talking about meta, too. If Tynion intends for a strong Batfamily in his run, removing Kate in some way runs counter to that goal, making it less likely to happen.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I'm talking about meta, too. If Tynion intends for a strong Batfamily in his run, removing Kate in some way runs counter to that goal, making it less likely to happen.
    Fine, we can wait and see. Just don't get your hopes up too high, you run the risk of falling further.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Two words:

Batwomen Incorporated.

Have them fight Spiral/Leviathan and actually use Kate's military expertise to defeat them once and for all.

Something even Bruce could NOT do.

I don't know why it has to be one or the other, just follow Morrison's lead.

Have a book that focuses on all female batfam with Oracle leading them on some international shenanigans - hell, just hire Simone to write it and it will be a Birds of Prey style book with a rotating cast
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 10-23-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think her going civvie as a cape and going into the military could keep her around in an interesting capacity, and hopefully allow her to avoid the full limbo treatment. Death, amnesia, and villainy all seem too mean-spirited, and while alternate universe or a new mantle could work in theory, it would be easy to send her off like poochie. which leaves army, which would track with her character's story (from the little I know of her) and it has potential to go any number of interesting ways.
    Didn't she only leave the army because they didn't approve of homosexuality? The rules have changed now and gays are now allowed to serve.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman