Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Turns out what we saw in the preview was Ryan's entire appearance in the Batgirl comic.
    I still don't trust DC not to erase Kate.

The character has already been: denied marriage, repeatedly raped, expelled from the Bat-Family (temporarily), turned into a brain-washed villain (alternate future), turned into a vampire (alternate future) , and killed twice (once in cannon, once in an alternate future).

It's true I haven't noticed any impending build-up to another Bat-Family death. There was a definite build-up for Tim's 'death', unless it's still to come for Kate. Although, I didn't feel a build-up for Alfred (maybe I wasn't paying enough attention). As long as Kate doesn't get tossed into limbo, erased, or completely expelled from the Bat-Family etc, then I'm happy.

Having characters cannibalize each other for a mantle is stupid, which is basically what happens when one is erased to make room for another, and in this case it would be swapping-out one minority character for another minority character.

When Cass became Batgirl Babs was already Oracle, and she invited Cass to be the next Batgirl - much better way to handle it, and co-existence. But later they turned Cass into a villain and Steph became Batgirl - so yeah, now that the question of keeping Kate around has begun, I'm expecting bad things for her comic book future, regardless of what does or doesn't happen with Ryan. She was just the catalyst to spark the idea that Kate is irrelevant.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I still don't trust DC not to erase Kate.

The character has already been: denied marriage, repeatedly raped, expelled from the Bat-Family (temporarily), turned into a brain-washed villain (alternate future), turned into a vampire (alternate future) , and killed twice (once in cannon, once in an alternate future).

It's true I haven't noticed any impending build-up to another Bat-Family death. There was a definite build-up for Tim's 'death', unless it's still to come for Kate. Although, I didn't feel a build-up for Alfred (maybe I wasn't paying enough attention). As long as Kate doesn't get tossed into limbo, erased, or completely expelled from the Bat-Family etc, then I'm happy.

Having characters cannibalize each other for a mantle is stupid, which is basically what happens when one is erased to make room for another, and in this case it would be swapping-out one minority character for another minority character.

When Cass became Batgirl Babs was already Oracle, and she invited Cass to be the next Batgirl - much better way to handle it, and co-existence. But later they turned Cass into a villain and Steph became Batgirl - so yeah, now that the question of keeping Kate around has begun, I'm expecting bad things for her comic book future, regardless of what does or doesn't happen with Ryan. She was just the catalyst to spark the idea that Kate is irrelevant.
    I'm still so pissed about the Nocturna thing. Some idiots seem to think that Nocturna/Kate was hot and sexy and I'm like "IT WAS RAPE"!

I'm extremely bitter about Kate/Maggie
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    I'm still so pissed about the Nocturna thing. Some idiots seem to think that Nocturna/Kate was hot and sexy and I'm like "IT WAS RAPE"!
    Oh, that reminds me, she was also victim-blamed for getting raped. Yep, I do not trust DC to have anything nice planned for Kate, given their past record with the character.

Incredible Member

Oh, that reminds me, she was also victim-blamed for getting raped. Yep, I do not trust DC to have anything nice planned for Kate, given their past record with the character.
    DC wants to have the credit for having a gay character but they don't want to put the work in to evolve Kate

To quote Cosima Niehaus from Orphan Black "My sexuality isn't the most interesting thing about me"
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    DC wants to have the credit for having a gay character but they don't want to put the work in to evolve Kate

To quote Cosima Niehaus from Orphan Black "My sexuality isn't the most interesting thing about me"
    Oh, I loved that series - must get around to checking-out that new Orphan Black audio drama I heard about.

Incredible Member

Oh, I loved that series - must get around to checking-out that new Orphan Black audio drama I heard about.
    it's apparently good. Also I'm bitter the Cosima/Delphine comic got cancelled after 1 issue. The Orphan Black comics are good. I recommend checking out Deviations, Crazy Science, and the plain Orphan Black comic

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of how the Brave and the Bold cartoon used the Kathy Kane Batwoman, but because she was basically a villain in that episode they had to change her name so she didn't reflect on the Kate Kane Batwoman.
    One of my favorite B:TB&TB episodes. Its in my Top 5.
    Very amusing lines. Riddler, Tiger-Shark, and The Spinner all seeing action.

BatLady.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    One of my favorite B:TB&TB episodes. Its in my Top 5.
    Very amusing lines. Riddler, Tiger-Shark, and The Spinner all seeing action.

BatLady.jpg
    Hoo boy do I have mixed feelings about that episode. I do like the suit, it's very accurate and looks great. The episode plot is good. The bad thing is that This is not Kathy Kane. Kathy Kane isn't a villain (screw you Morrison). DC actually had to tell the show-people that they could not call this character "Batwoman" or "Kathy Kane" hence her rename to Katrina Moldoff (a reference to Kathy's co-creator Sheldon Moldoff) to and being called "bat-lady" once in dialogue to avoid jeopardizing Kate Kane.
    Last edited by Tsukiakari1203; 12-07-2020 at 11:46 AM.