Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's standard practice when putting out casting calls to give a fake name to the character being cast. "Ryan Wilder" is such a fake name that I am almost 100% certain that's not the character name. The actual name could be a spoiler--and maybe they are an established D.C. character.

I did a deep dive on Harrison Wells this morning and found out there already was a Dr. Wells. First, on the SUPER FRIENDS cartoon series. And then, in the 1991 THE FLASH TV SPECIAL comic book--he was a villain in a wheelchair. Given the 2014 FLASH series pulled a lot from the 1990 television series, I imagine Harrison Wells might be based on the one-shot comic book character linked to that show.
    Nice catch. I assumed he was just based on the founder of STAR Labs, who I'm not sure has ever physically appeared in the comics but ought to be involved in Cyborg's origin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They couldn’t have used Bette or Barbara?? Dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    They couldn’t have used Bette or Barbara?? Dumb.
    Bette is Mary on the show, and she's in no place to take over. Barbara is likely a rights issue.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Still surprised they won’t use Julia if they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Still surprised they won’t use Julia if they have to.
    Julia has her own job, and she was badly injured the last time she was in the suit. There's no story reason for her to want to do that.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

If Ryan became Batwoman then Kate becomes the new Robin lol either that or Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Well, they haven't made Patience Phillips Catwoman in comic
    I think they should have her in, have her be the name of the Eartha Kitt Catwoman who takes the name when Selina has retired/semi-retired

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nothing. Even if the show goes through with it I doubt in the long-run "Ryan Wilder" is going to matter much to Batwoman.
    If the change is popular it could. DC will follow the money

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If the change is popular it could. DC will follow the money
    Considering the current fan reaction, I am quite skeptical this is going to end up being popular.

And considering popular Arrowverese stuff that was never reflected in the comics...not much of a likelihood in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

I cannot be the only one who's heard the rumor that they will kill Kate Kane to replace her as Batwoman with 'Ryan Wilder'.

If this show was Batman instead of Batwoman and the lead actor had to be replaced, do you think they would kill off Bruce Wayne and have some new character become Batman? Can you imagine the reaction if they tried?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I cannot be the only one who's heard the rumor that they will kill Kate Kane to replace her as Batwoman with 'Ryan Wilder'.

If this show was Batman instead of Batwoman and the lead actor had to be replaced, do you think they would kill off Bruce Wayne and have some new character become Batman? Can you imagine the reaction if they tried?
    Honestly, no, they probably wouldn't. Which is unfair to Kate.

Well, if it was Batman, the supporting cast would probably include Dick Grayson. And he'd take over.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, if it was Batman, the supporting cast would probably include Dick Grayson. And he'd take over.
    That would be logical...if Grayson was in the supporting cast and he was capable of taking over (and not, say, 14 years old). BUT, instead of that, TPTB decide that 'Calvin Rose' should stop living in his van and take up the mantle of the Bat instead of Grayson.

Imagine the reaction.

Extraordinary Member

Too bad about Kate.

I was looking forward to future seasons with Luke becoming Batwing and Mary possibly becoming Flamebird.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Too bad about Kate.

I was looking forward to future seasons with Luke becoming Batwing and Mary possibly becoming Flamebird.
    I guess that could still happen, but they've shaken up the show so much with this that I have no idea where they could go now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess that could still happen, but they've shaken up the show so much with this that I have no idea where they could go now.
    It could be easy enough to do a thing where Ryan ends up being so incompetent in the field that Luke digs up some sort of prototype suit to be able to join her in the field to keep her from getting in more trouble. Or something.