Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Still baffled as to why they are not just recasting Kate.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It could be easy enough to do a thing where Ryan ends up being so incompetent in the field that Luke digs up some sort of prototype suit to be able to join her in the field to keep her from getting in more trouble. Or something.
    Alice and Jacob get what their wish of killing/ending Batwoman - just not the Kate version.

Extraordinary Member

I don't see how the show should work without Kate, in the longer running CW Shows have all developed more or less into ensemble shows, so you could probably replace the lead character somehow, but Batwoman is after one season still pretty centred around Kate.

True. Arrow started off with just Green Arrow. Later, they added his sidekicks and various versions of Black Canary. Flash started off with just Barry, but his two civilian supports both became metas (Vibe and Killer Frost) and they also added several other speedsters and Elongated Man to the cast. Supergirl has Martian Manhunter, and Legends of course has always been a team, not one hero.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

nothing, go the Mystery of the Batwoman route and have a team of multiple Batwomen; Batwoman title is still called Batwoman and is just them working together and/or having solo adventures. Ultimately we still have to actually see what they intend to do with this character first before people get all up in arms.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    nothing, go the Mystery of the Batwoman route and have a team of multiple Batwomen; Batwoman title is still called Batwoman and is just them working together and/or having solo adventures. Ultimately we still have to actually see what they intend to do with this character first before people get all up in arms.
    I remember thinking with the Ryan Wilder casting that they could've gone with a live-action take on Kathy Duquesne from Mystery of the Batwoman. She had a less stereotypical background and was basically the movie's stand-in for Kathy Kane, the original Batwoman.

I think it's pretty clear what the writers are trying to do with the character but the real mystery is how people are going to respond.

This thread is still going?

Honestly, on TV like Bruce, Kate has been put on a bus. Probably the same bus, and chances of that bus doing a return trip are low. How long until Kate-specific characters line-up for the bus? Who knows at this stage, but there might be a mad dash for bus tickets once they aren't of use for the OC's story.

Comics, I don't see Ryan happening. Might, but low chances, whatever.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 08-26-2020 at 11:34 PM.

Considering Sarah Lance/White Canary hasn't been adapted to comics, despite being arguably the most popular of the CW OCs, I doubt whats-her-face will make it to the comics. I honestly have doubts season 2 will even get a full season.

I'd be surprised if any of the Arrowverse shows get a full season - they're starting three months late, so should logically lose at least 10 episodes each.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's not gonna happen so why even think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    It's not gonna happen so why even think about it.
    Some people think that because characters such as Harley Quinn made it to comics that Wilder could as well. But the difference with characters such as Harley Quinn is that she isn't a direct replacement of an existing character - so she didn't come at the expense of another character and their fanbase.

But I agree, Kate has an established place in the comics, and as Bruce's cousin there is a relationship there. Even with the establishment that he wants her to stay a Bat.

Wilder would, if they wanted to introduce her to the comics, have to have some reason to have a connection to Bruce to be in the Batfam (and I don't see her becoming one of his apprentices) - otherwise just give her her own mantle (better to have a unique one anyway), and make her another ally of the Batfamily, if she has to be connected to them at all.

Ryan Wilder debuts in Batgirl #50

https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-javicia...***batgirl-50/

Swear filter breaks the link, I already tried posting that in Barbara's appreciation thread (since it's her comic).

Incredible Member

Here's a working link to the solicit . It says all the Batgirls so here's hoping Bette shows up!
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Oh, so this is what happens when characters gets a TV series. Alfred has a TV series and got killed off in the comics. Kate got almost a full season on TV, guess she's next (or gets sent back to the army).