Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    The same writer who had Clayface die, then had him inexplicably alive again after the fallout, in the same arc?

The same company who had Julia Pennyworth absent from her own father's funeral? She didn't even get a mention in 'Pennyworth RIP'.
    None of that is relevant to Tynion's stated plans. That interview was from July, months after any of those other things happened. He was taking about plans for 2021.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    None of that is relevant to Tynion's stated plans. That interview was from July, months after any of those other things happened. He was taking about plans for 2021.
    It is relevant because you were saying that Kate's absence from the Bat-Family would be a big deal, but she's absent all the time and no one cares. Besides, they're all too busy embracing Harley into the Bat-Family to notice Kate walk out.

It is relevant because you were saying that Kate's absence from the Bat-Family would be a big deal, but she's absent all the time and no one cares.
    I'm not talking about absent in the sense of "doesn't appear often in comics." Kate is still Batwoman right now even if she doesn't show up much; she's still around and working in that capacity. I'm talking about absent in the sense of "Kate is no longer acting as Batwoman, for whatever reason," which would indeed be a big deal.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What's gonna happen is Bendis gonna make her Director of Spyral for real, like nope, that one time is not accident, she actually has been Director of Spyral since Event Leviathan started and now after the delay is done, he's gonna show you how in flashback

I mean I'm saying that in a jest but since it's Bendis...

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Some ideas:
    She teams up with the Question and takes the name Miss Tery/Mystery

She teams up with Mr. Terrific and becomes Miss Terrific
    Nope.

She takes a job as security at Arkham Asylum or Blackgate
    Why? She has enough money.

She becomes pregnant
    You do know she's gay, right? No indication in-universe that she's planning to settle down with a family at this time. Doesn't have to stop her from returning to being Batwoman once the child is old enough for a nanny anyway.

A mystery villain attacked her and put into a coma and now the Batfamily or just Wilder has to figure out who did it
    Why would a random villain pop-up and put her in a coma? Is she in a coma but found? In which case she can recover at hospital.
    Is she in a coma but still missing? In which case the villain is dedicated, because coma patients require a lot of caring for.

She infiltrates a crime organization (Royal Flush Gang, Court of Owls, etc...) as her socialite self.
    Why does that entail not being Batwoman anymore? Many DC heroes have more than 1 identity at once. Matches Malone.

A scientist kidnaps her and experiments on her
    Some random scientist abducts her, why? And why doesn't Batman just rescue her?

She dies and travels through time
    If she's dead why is she travelling through time 'A Christmas Carol' style? She's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What's gonna happen is Bendis gonna make her Director of Spyral for real, like nope, that one time is not accident, she actually has been Director of Spyral since Event Leviathan started and now after the delay is done, he's gonna show you how in flashback

I mean I'm saying that in a jest but since it's Bendis...
    Is this even remotely likely? Is he doing anything Gotham-related that we know of?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    getting experimented on by a mad scientist could yield some interesting results given (again not a Kate expert) that Batwoman appears to lean more toward the more gothic, occult, and quasi-supernatural aesthetics; she was just in Gotham City Monsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Kate having mystical powers would be cool!
    I'm down with Kate having super-powers!
    How does that prevent her from being Batwoman though? Duke has super-powers and he's still The Signal. Bat-Family can be meta-humans.

If she's dead why is she travelling through time 'A Christmas Carol' style? She's dead.
    Didn't that happen to Batman? Got "killed" by Darkseid - ended up in the stone age. Gradually time jumped back to the present.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Didn't that happen to Batman? Got "killed" by Darkseid - ended up in the stone age. Gradually time jumped back to the present.
    I don't know, but if that's the case it's also pointless: not only did Batman already do it, but it's only a delay tactic, not a solution if ultimately the hero returns to the status quo.

Anyway, DC heroes when you try to kill them:

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Is this even remotely likely? Is he doing anything Gotham-related that we know of?
    No, but no one's doing anything Batwoman related in 2021 either as far as I know

I don't know, but if that's the case it's also pointless: not only did Batman already do it, but it's only a delay tactic, not a solution if ultimately the hero returns to the status quo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well thats the joke, its a joke answer saying since it happen to Batman it happens to Batwoman. Also half of my ideas were delay tactics since I don't think the Wilder thing is going to last long but I could be wrong.

Nope
    A team up with Question (Maybe Renee) with her as the new vigilante Mystery/Missteri could be fun.

Why? She has enough money.
    Some people don't do their job for the money they do it because they get something out of it or she got tired of being a vigilante and becomes like Commissioner Gordon from Batman Beyond.

You do know she's gay, right? No indication in-universe that she's planning to settle down with a family at this time. Doesn't have to stop her from returning to being Batwoman once the child is old enough for a nanny anyway.
    Lesbians can still get pregnant and she can randomly choose anytime to settle down.

Why would a random villain pop-up and put her in a coma? Is she in a coma but found? In which case she can recover at hospital.
    Is she in a coma but still missing? In which case the villain is dedicated, because coma patients require a lot of caring for.
    The mystery villain is targeting vigilantes/heroes in general or maybe just Batfamily members. She can recover at a hospital but she'll still be in a coma though.

Why does that entail not being Batwoman anymore? Many DC heroes have more than 1 identity at once. Matches Malone

Maybe she doesn't want to take the risk and goes on a heroic hiatus

Some random scientist abducts her, why? And why doesn't Batman just rescue her?
    Just because they needed a test subject or maybe there is a reason they wanted to use her. Batman can't find and save everyone.

I'm down with Kate having super-powers!
    How does that prevent her from being Batwoman though? Duke has super-powers and he's still The Signal. Bat-Family can be meta-humans.
    I never said she gets super powers, maybe she becomes disfigured and takes time for her to heal physically and mentally (maybe she gets put in Arkham Asylum lol) or if she does gets super powers she will get a new alias (Batwoman is a street character) like Superwoman lol

Incredible Member

I never said she gets super powers, maybe she becomes disfigured and takes time for her to heal physically and mentally (maybe she gets put in Arkham Asylum lol) or if she does gets super powers she will get a new alias (Batwoman is a street character) like Superwoman lol
    Batwoman's had superpowers before
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    It's not gonna happen so why even think about it.
    I guess I was wrong ...in some way.

She has made an appearance in the comics but that doesn't mean she'll be batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Here's a working link to the solicit . It says all the Batgirls so here's hoping Bette shows up!
    The thing about this is, if the name wasn't mentioned in the book and by the writer, nothing would really give it away, I mean the character's face lacks detail, if the appearance of the character was as important as some of you guys think, I would assume she would look better drawn than she does.

I feel like this is nothing but a wink at fans that the writer wanted to do and not something WB or even DC comics is behind.

Besides if this appearance was the start of Ryan's appearances before she takes over Batwoman, wouldn't it make more sense to introduce her in Detective Comics where Kate currently appears and have the character of Ryan interacting with the Bat characters and not the civillian counterparts ...I mean I guess that can still happen but yeah, right now I'll just take this appearance from Ryan as a cameo.

I will say the only thing that gave me pause and made me think that maybe they are gonna do something with Ryan, is the fact that they made Barbara and Ryan acquainted with each other but even then I don't it would effect Kate being Batwoman.

A team up with Question (Maybe Renee) with her as the new vigilante Mystery/Missteri could be fun.
    That's no reason to randomly change her mantle, she already teams-up with Renee every so often.

Some people don't do their job for the money they do it because they get something out of it or she got tired of being a vigilante and becomes like Commissioner Gordon from Batman Beyond.
    doesn't really fit her personality.

Lesbians can still get pregnant and she can randomly choose anytime to settle down.
    It would have to be very intentional. It's not like Renee can accidentally get Kate pregnant.

The mystery villain is targeting vigilantes/heroes in general or maybe just Batfamily members. She can recover at a hospital but she'll still be in a coma though.
    Do comic book heroes ever stay in comas? I've never seen one not recover from a coma yet, not the cape variety anyway.

Maybe she doesn't want to take the risk and goes on a heroic hiatus
    Doesn't fit her personality. Near as I can tell Kate doesn't have a great deal of self-preservation. Wouldn't fit with her past behaviour either.

Just because they needed a test subject or maybe there is a reason they wanted to use her. Batman can't find and save everyone.
    World's Greatest Detective should be able to find his missing cousin. Only reason he never searched for Tim is because Tim's death was faked.

Time to recover physically and mentally...like that time she got stabbed in the heart and was in a coma for a while, then got better and back to being Batwoman?

Also half of my ideas were delay tactics since I don't think the Wilder thing is going to last long but I could be wrong.
    Well I don't want Kate replaced either (she's only been around 14 years). But if they do toss her as Batwoman, I would hope they could find her a more permanent mantle that can't be easily swapped-out like happens with the Batgirls and Robins.

Dick, Babs, and Jason all have a mantle that is so far theirs alone - I'd like the same done with Kate. Hasn't been such success with Tim though, and Spoiler and Orphan are not good mantles IMO.

Incredible Member

Dick, Babs, and Jason all have a mantle that is so far theirs alone - I'd like the same done with Kate. Hasn't been such success with Tim though, and Spoiler and Orphan are not good mantles IMO.
    I like Spoiler but Steph outgrew it the minute she became Robin and then Batgirl. I propose making her Nightwing
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3