Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I hope that Wanda and Pietro are portrayed as Magnetos mutant children who are alligned with the Avengers.
    Not every mutant needs to be associated with the X-Men and this is what made both characters unique.
    Get rid of the stupid retcon.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

they will be mags again soon.

BANNED

I seriously doubt it, mcu wanda dictates whatever she becomes and there's no way in hell she even turns back into a mutant, even less related to magneto

BANNED

Don't know don't care,the pretender needs to pay for her crimes and should never be forgiven for the second mutant purge.

BANNED

The Marvel reality as we currently have it is one where people knowing or not if they're Erik's children makes absolutely no difference, because the few stories they had in the past years never approach the subject or if they are seen as mutants. Marvel will probably keep dodging until Hickman sees it as fitting for his story. And since there's no reason to undo the retcon, except to please some fans, they can take their time with it.

They can be Mags kids again but give them they poperly place.

They "are" mutants by birth but dont get too confortable in the mutant culture and society. and thats legit too.

Polaris is his daugther and heir.

You know the retcon only bugs me because it makes no sense from a continuity standpoint, just so many glaring unaddressed plot holes. I do think it will be undone one way or the other only because it never made sense to begin with, and CBR is gonna implode but oh well.
    Last edited by Journey; 06-10-2020 at 02:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    They can be Mags kids again but give them they poperly place.

They "are" mutants by birth but dont get too confortable in the mutant culture and society. and thats legit too.

Polaris is his daugther and heir.
    thats fine in firestar and justice or manifold, but the twins have a toxic effect on mutant stories everytime they show up, they are meaningless characters to be allowed to cause damage to a larger franchise.
    They are avengers let that side figure what they are used for

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You know the retcon only bugs me because it makes no sense from a continuity standpoint, just so many glaring unaddressed plot holes. I do think it will be undone one way or the other only because it never made sense to begin with, and CBR is gonna implode but oh well.
    It was a retcon from the start though and not even the first retcon. The first retcon about their parentage was that their parents were Whizzer and Miss America. Wanda and Pietro NOT being mutants was definitely a major mishap though.

I'd feel it was a mishap if Wanda being a mutant held any significance to the character. It was usually nothing more than just a fact about her. Very few stories actually dealt with it, and even then weren't really engrossed in it. She really lost nothing from it. Pietro is a different story.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Mighty Member

Pietro and Wanda have originally intended to be mutants. They were retconned because Disney bought the rights so this is a political reason.

When the ownership change to another org, then we can see them retconned back to mutants again.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Pietro and Wanda have originally intended to be mutants. They were retconned because Disney bought the rights so this is a political reason.

When the ownership change to another org, then we can see them retconned back to mutants again.
    They were retconned because of the movie rights because Marvel Studios could not use mutants at the time. They were retconned away from being Mags kids, because Marvel stated that they want to keep the twins at a certain age (29ish) and keep Mags' origin in WWII.

Marvel got back the rights to mutants last spring. A year ago in March. They have not retconned the twins back. Even though both were in books at the time (Pietro's solo was ongoing, Wanda was in No Surrender).

So whatever they'd intend to do, they've had plenty of time to do it from the time they got back the rights. And they weren't retconned because of Disney getting the rights.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I think to the general public they’re still mutants. I don’t think they her or Pietro will be retconned back to be his children either, seems like Lorna is his only child and I like that emphasis on her...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I think to the general public they’re still mutants. I don’t think they her or Pietro will be retconned back to be his children either, seems like Lorna is his only child and I like that emphasis on her...
    Now, if only writers would reveal that Zala Dane was always Lorna Dane's biological sister.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-11-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd feel it was a mishap if Wanda being a mutant held any significance to the character. It was usually nothing more than just a fact about her. Very few stories actually dealt with it, and even then weren't really engrossed in it. She really lost nothing from it. Pietro is a different story.
    This 1000X. Being a mutnat has never truly meant much to her (and I'm not saying that negatively). It was just another facet of who she was. Whereas Pietro was fully entrenched in his mutanthood, to the point that he resorted to a near war with the Inhumans to gets his powers back via the Terrigen crystals. His obsession with Magneto on top of that should have been a bigger deal. But Marvel/Disney were trying to create a movie franchise and Wanda and Pietro sat in the middle of the Venn diagram of characters, so they made all of Marvel move with the "enhanced humans" bit.