Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

They’re parents are either

A) Modred the Mystic and Natalya Maximoff

or

B) The Emerald Warlock and Natalya Maximoff

And they are probably kill-crops

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Marvel should just split the difference: while the twins are Magneto’s children, Pietro is a mutant while Wanda is not. She’s a witch like her mother. Magda is just Natalya come back from the Witch’s Road, having wandered in while trying to freeze to death. Chthon took Max’s form as he tried to kill her for control of the twins, and that’s why she thinks their father killed her.

Wanda’s Axis spell was her lashing out because of how completely alienated she felt from mutantkind, and his desire to protect them at all costs. The High Evolutionary learned about this, and decided to mess with them the way he does with Spider-Woman, since he loathes mutants because he considers them competition for his animal people.

Vision probably learned that the twins are Magneto’s children, but didn’t want Wanda to be any more sad over this than she already was. Which is incredibly high-handed and patronizing, and I hope he gets called out on that.

But back the original post: I imagine it’s an open secret among Krakoa’s elite, and the super hero community. But does the average mutant or human on the street know? That’s hard to say, since Marvel hasn’t really explored it. You would think such news would create some noise, that the great tragedy of mutantkind was actually committed by a non-mutant, and a hero at that.

It does feel like Hickman is slowly building up to a final story to try to tie it all up and have some catharsis for fans. Certainly the original HoM and Children’s Crusade wasn’t it. But will it actually deliver? I hope so, because this has been dragged out longer than it was ever intended to, all because a certain writer couldn’t resist smashing all the toys they didn’t like in favor of the ones they did, and left it up to everyone else to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Now, if only writers would reveal that Zala Dane was always Lorna Dane's biological sister.
    Claremont should have revealed that himself when he had the chance. Unfortunately we never got it canonized beyond Claremont confirming to a fan that Magneto was the father of both Lorna and Zala. It's funny how Claremont introduced three children for Magneto in his first run but never acknowledged Wanda and Pietro as Magneto's children. I don't blame him.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Marvel should just split the difference: while the twins are Magneto’s children, Pietro is a mutant while Wanda is not. She’s a witch like her mother. Magda is just Natalya come back from the Witch’s Road, having wandered in while trying to freeze to death. Chthon took Max’s form as he tried to kill her for control of the twins, and that’s why she thinks their father killed her.

Wanda’s Axis spell was her lashing out because of how completely alienated she felt from mutantkind, and his desire to protect them at all costs. The High Evolutionary learned about this, and decided to mess with them the way he does with Spider-Woman, since he loathes mutants because he considers them competition for his animal people.

Vision probably learned that the twins are Magneto’s children, but didn’t want Wanda to be any more sad over this than she already was. Which is incredibly high-handed and patronizing, and I hope he gets called out on that.

But back the original post: I imagine it’s an open secret among Krakoa’s elite, and the super hero community. But does the average mutant or human on the street know? That’s hard to say, since Marvel hasn’t really explored it. You would think such news would create some noise, that the great tragedy of mutantkind was actually committed by a non-mutant, and a hero at that.

It does feel like Hickman is slowly building up to a final story to try to tie it all up and have some catharsis for fans. Certainly the original HoM and Children’s Crusade wasn’t it. But will it actually deliver? I hope so, because this has been dragged out longer than it was ever intended to, all because a certain writer couldn’t resist smashing all the toys they didn’t like in favor of the ones they did, and left it up to everyone else to fix it.
    I love this explanation and it keeps together all that has been said about this story as well as that unused art for the second vision series which clearly show Natalya and Magneto are the twins parents. I hope Hickman indeed has somethign like this in mind or at least a story that manages Wanda and the mutants story and gives decimation a nice closure.

Also given Magda´s wiki said she´s mia not death and Agatha managed to get back to life thanks to Natalya´s help, it would be interesting that the character who finally reveals all this would be Magda/Natalya herself.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    It's funny how Claremont introduced three children for Magneto in his first run but never acknowledged Wanda and Pietro as Magneto's children. I don't blame him.

He did write about the relationship Magneto had with the twins during his last run in Excalibur:

excalibur twins origin.jpg

mags reacts.jpg

mags read to wanda.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I love this explanation and it keeps together all that has been said about this story as well as that unused art for the second vision series which clearly show Natalya and Magneto are the twins parents. I hope Hickman indeed has somethign like this in mind or at least a story that manages Wanda and the mutants story and gives decimation a nice closure.

Also given Magda´s wiki said she´s mia not death and Agatha managed to get back to life thanks to Natalya´s help, it would be interesting that the character who finally reveals all this would be Magda/Natalya herself.
    Thanks! I really wanted to keep Wanda's mystical origins intact that would keep Magda in as a relevant character. I feel like she's gotten a raw deal in that she literally froze to death for the twins and Magneto's tragic origin story. Redeeming that story by revealing that she's actually Natalya, a witch who fought to keep her children from a demon, instead of killing herself in what seems to be post-partum depression, would be awesome. I adore this family of mutants and mages, and the way they try to navigate the awe-inspiring and terrifying world around them. That Vision art with the family tree shows how it creates a dynasty that spreads across the marvel universe, and the powerful effect they have.

I forgot, Pietro was called a 'child of Magda', in Mighty Avengers, by Mordred.

child of magda (2).jpg
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 06-11-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Thanks! I really wanted to keep Wanda's mystical origins intact that would keep Magda in as a relevant character. I feel like she's gotten a raw deal in that she literally froze to death for the twins and Magneto's tragic origin story. Redeeming that story by revealing that she's actually Natalya, a witch who fought to keep her children from a demon, instead of killing herself in what seems to be post-partum depression, would be awesome. I adore this family of mutants and mages, and the way they try to navigate the awe-inspiring and terrifying world around them. That Vision art with the family tree shows how it creates a dynasty that spreads across the marvel universe, and the powerful effect they have.

I forgot, Pietro was called a 'child of Magda', in Mighty Avengers, by Mordred.

child of magda (2).jpg
    And Inhumans, agreed Magda needs a better story and just more exploration about her motives as a character that panel from Mighty Avengers was not really explored but it looks like an story on it´s own . Yes the way they connect most the marvel universe is really awesome as well the effect they have across it.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022