Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will say - setting side the concept of realism - the only time I've really bought into or been really invested in Peter's high school life was in Spectacular.
    Same... While there were some "high school" cliches like Sally Avril, (even she had moments), it helped that a majority of them felt like real people to me...

I've heard differing accounts, like he wouldn't have killed Gwen off in the TV series but that he's mentioned before how significant a moment her death was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    They had no intention of killing her off in the TV series. They were also planning to make darker direct-to-video films covering Peter's college years after the series was over. They never confirmed they would kill her off, but kinda hinted at it in a few places.
    While Gwen was going to live throughout all of Spectacular's proposed 5 seasons (with the series ending on Peter's graduation). I definitely feel that her death was one of those things that they would have adapted for a DTV. I mean prior to Spectacular, most adaptations either flat out ignored Gwen or made her an afterthought. (Nowadays she's only thrown in due to having powers, but prior to Spectacular I don't recall Gwen Stacy ever being a significant character outside of comics...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Same... While there were some "high school" cliches like Sally Avril, (even she had moments), it helped that a majority of them felt like real people to me...
    And not just mostly there for comedy relief like they are in the MCU.

The high school supporting cast felt much more in-depth then even in the Lee/Ditko comics or USM (probably because they fudged things and brought in people that Peter didn't even meet until college, but it wasn't the first adaption to do so).
    While Gwen was going to live throughout all of Spectacular's proposed 5 seasons (with the series ending on Peter's graduation). I definitely feel that her death was one of those things that they would have adapted for a DTV. I mean prior to Spectacular, most adaptations either flat out ignored Gwen or made her an afterthought. (Nowadays she's only thrown in due to having powers, but prior to Spectacular I don't recall Gwen Stacy ever being a significant character outside of comics...)
    Yeah. I would've been interested to see if Peter and Gwen would have officially gotten together, or we would've gotten Peter and MJ together before Gwen's death, within those five seasons.

I still kind of want to see an animated depiction of Gwen's death.

BANNED

Yeah. I would've been interested to see if Peter and Gwen would have officially gotten together, or we would've gotten Peter and MJ together before Gwen's death, within those five seasons.
    Weisman said that eventually Peter and MJ would have been endgame but he wanted that romance to play out in the show like in the comics, over time and after character development for both.

And Gwen was set up as the false lead.

I still kind of want to see an animated depiction of Gwen's death.
    It's a pity that Marvel's animation department doesn't have the ambition that DC/WB have -- to put out adaptations of comic storylines, events and so on. Not that all of the DC/WB stuff is good or anything but at least it's something. It was cool to see Batman Year One in animation and see the "You've eaten Gotham's wealth" speech in animation.

I guess the logic is that all of that goes to live action while animation can play with scraps.

Sony incidentally have the rights to put out cartoon shows as long as it's over 40mns long. So theoretically they could put their animation department to work by putting out adaptations of Spider-Man comics and licensing it to Netflix.