Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Speaking of which, I'm actually looking forward to this Punchline one-shot: https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...56140183638016
    I mean I said this earlier it really depend on what the plan is for her as a character and how she is written that will determine if she has longevity or not. I’m not saying she could be a main Batman villain, but she could be an interesting villain addition to other batfamily members or even the dc universe as a whole. Way I see it there is potential for a new legacy villain if you will.

Also glad to be seeing Harper again.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Punchline is not gonna be a villain against other Batfam members. The concept of her character is anti-Harley. She is likely to be written as a foe to Harley more than anything. Punchline is there to make Harley look good.

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Speaking of which, I'm actually looking forward to this Punchline one-shot: https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...56140183638016
    Based on the info they gave, it might be that Punchline is apprehended and Leslie and Harper are interviewing her trying to figure out at what point Alexis became Punchline, it kind of feels like Joker: Killer Smile. I'm curious about how Cullen plays into this; Harper appears to be move towards being Leslie's protégé if Batman 96 was any indicator, but the last time he showed up was during the League of Shadows prologue in Tynion's Detective Comics run. Maybe Harper keeps notes of what Alexis is saying?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yes, I'm glad to see her back too, it's been far too long since she was last in a comic (1066 days as of today).
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    Based on the info they gave, it might be that Punchline is apprehended and Leslie and Harper are interviewing her trying to figure out at what point Alexis became Punchline, it kind of feels like Joker: Killer Smile. I'm curious about how Cullen plays into this; Harper appears to be move towards being Leslie's protégé if Batman 96 was any indicator, but the last time he showed up was during the League of Shadows prologue in Tynion's Detective Comics run. Maybe Harper keeps notes of what Alexis is saying?

Yes, I'm glad to see her back too, it's been far too long since she was last in a comic (1066 days as of today).
    Question is whether she stays a civilian ally or dons the Bluebird suit once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Question is whether she stays a civilian ally or dons the Bluebird suit once more.
    Honestly I'd love to have Harper back as Bluebird, an Artgerm variant cover and a Jorge Jiminez cover is something I'm interested in, even if it's farther from slim than it is to none.

Also, as much as I like the Dustin Nguyen design, the Bluebird suit needs an upgrade. If Jorge Jiminez can't do the redesign, then I'd suggest Marcio Takara to do it.

If Tynion is going to bring Harper back into the vigilante role again, I think two conditions have to be met:
    • It has to be Harper's choice; given how her storyline began in Batman Eternal, with Cullen being infected by nanites spurring her to forcing Tim to train her, I don't want to see Cullen hurt once again to force her to be Bluebird.
    • It has to be a slow build-up; with Clown Hunter running around, and the Batfamily lineup currently in shambles, DC has to sort them out first before anyone starts adding again to the roster.

Also, given that the solicit for Batman 103 came out today, does anyone else get the impression that Punchline betrays the Joker? It sounds like she's in Blackgate, and with Harper and Cullen in Punchline I'm going to say guess that Marcus Row also appears.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I could see her putting the suit back on as a one-off.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I said this earlier it really depend on what the plan is for her as a character and how she is written that will determine if she has longevity or not. I’m not saying she could be a main Batman villain, but she could be an interesting villain addition to other batfamily members or even the dc universe as a whole. Way I see it there is potential for a new legacy villain if you will.

I agree as Punchline might get more longevity due to interacting with more characters.

Or through getting adapted.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could see her putting the suit back on as a one-off.
    In the pages of the Punchline one-shot? I don't think so. We'll probably see a taser or stun gun though.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I agree as Punchline might get more longevity due to interacting with more characters.

Or through getting adapted.
    With her sales numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if DC fast-tracked her and got her a place in DC Universe/HBO Harley Quinn Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    does anyone else get the impression that Punchline betrays the Joker?
    Nope, no way. After all the buzz and hoopla and big deal made over Joker's new "girlfriend" they're not going to jeopardize her now in that way. Joker could betray her, but her success and popularity right now depends on keeping her with Joker.

Extraordinary Member

Just one animated appearance and voiced by Kelly HU and she will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Just one animated appearance and voiced by Kelly HU and she will be fine
    I like Kelly Hu, but any reason her specifically?

And I don't know that animation for sure makes her safe. Any one else remember Roxy Rocket?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

And I don't know that animation for sure makes her safe. Any one else remember Roxy Rocket?
    Animated appearance linger

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Animated appearance linger
    Depends on the quality of the animated appearance. Again, Roxy Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

True, some characters don't necessarily make it big from an animated appearance, but being used in other media does lend to staying power more than just a big comic push.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I read she went to Snyder College.
    Zack or Scott? ^^