THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Legion of Super-Heroes issue #6 spoiler discussion

It's just fun, man. A big bombastic wide screen Star Wars space battle that just celebrates the idea of being here. The stakes with the bad guy are set, and we've seen how powerful and disruptive his weapon can be in #2, so the issue can just go. And good lord, Sook is an absolute BEAST.

Few things.

* Jon assuming (wrongly) that he could probably shut the whole thing down himself.

* More Gold Lanterns?

* The horraz leader having his men brace him to use the trident is a nice silent detail.

* So, Mon-El (like Jon) assumed he could end it all on his own due to his power. We still need to know how he and Jon are connected.

* Interesting that Mon assumed Jon would be "an arrogant pain in the ass."

* The imagine of Superboy and Mon-El circling the Earth and manually containing all the water in the world is freakin spectacular.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

i will freely admit that the Gold Lantern part was pretty great in my opinion. I'm not sure if I will like him as a character down the road but his introduction scene was pretty cool and it sounds like there is an entire Gold Lantern corps out there and he and them have been around for a while now.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This was actually a fun issue. I enjoyed it.It still doesn't feel like a jon. But, as a generic superboy book this is fun.

I loved it. My only disappointment was the misleading cover because I wanted to find out more about the new female Dr Fate. Beyond that it was a fabulous issue.

This may have been discussed earlier but someone on reedit made the connection between Green Lantern Lashorr's race and the new Doctor Fate

Holy carp, no, that has not been discussed. Good catch to whomever made it. They seem to line up perfectly. Even has Sook drawing her.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Holy carp, no, that has not been discussed. Good catch to whomever made it. They seem to line up perfectly. Even has Sook drawing her.
    yeah, that's a detail quite telling ! I find it quite intruiguing !

I especially like the fact that Monster Boy can't choose which Monster he'll mimick when he transform. That's funny and it can com in handy later on.

Just reread the whole first arc, and one of the big things that really grabbed me was just how utterly adaptable this is. This is a straight up first movie with the bookending and all.

But what's even crazier is the fact it dawned on me that this is totally young adult movie material. A diverse cast full of people with special skills, the implications of a school yard rival within the group, a Split Up And Go Find The Thing quest, and a POV character with prophesied destiny. It's basically Star Wars with superheroes (bet you didn't put together that the OG Star Wars movies were basically a YA movie not at all dissimilar to Maze Runner, Harry Potter, and Hunger Games).

While I was reading it I could nearly see the filmed space dog fight unfolding. WB's 3 biggest film IPs are Batman, Harry Potter, and Superman. Making this a movie with the spirit presented in these books would mix two out of three of those things, AND be diverse, AND be about young people, AND have a new world of superheroes, AND also basically be Star Wars.

Isn't it kind of BAFFLING how they haven't actually tried to mix YA movies and superheroes movies when both are the biggest types of movies in the last 20 years?

AT&T/WB/DC please make Harry Potter-Superman-Star Wars-X-Men: The Movie into a thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Just reread the whole first arc, and one of the big things that really grabbed me was just how utterly adaptable this is. This is a straight up first movie with the bookending and all.

But what's even crazier is the fact it dawned on me that this is totally young adult movie material. A diverse cast full of people with special skills, the implications of a school yard rival within the group, a Split Up And Go Find The Thing quest, and a POV character with prophesied destiny. It's basically Star Wars with superheroes (bet you didn't put together that the OG Star Wars movies were basically a YA movie not at all dissimilar to Maze Runner, Harry Potter, and Hunger Games).

While I was reading it I could nearly see the filmed space dog fight unfolding. WB's 3 biggest film IPs are Batman, Harry Potter, and Superman. Making this a movie with the spirit presented in these books would mix two out of three of those things, AND be diverse, AND be about young people, AND have a new world of superheroes, AND also basically be Star Wars.

Isn't it kind of BAFFLING how they haven't actually tried to mix YA movies and superheroes movies when both are the biggest types of movies in the last 20 years?

AT&T/WB/DC please make Harry Potter-Superman-Star Wars-X-Men: The Movie into a thing.
    Bendis has a knack for developing ideas perfect for adaptions. He's really, really good at it.