Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

X-Council - Hickman and Larraz

Details council meetings. Looks at what each member is in charge of and how things get done. All major factions get representation either on the Council or an emissary to report to them. Kate gets officially replaced by Callisto who represents the Morlocks. Namor replaces Shaw after demanding a spot. Jean also steps away from the Council to focus on her relationship with Scott and her family. Cannonball is offered the spot but is often is space so Sunspot takes it so the New Mutants/X-Force/Younger Mutants have some representation.

Each council seat has a defined role including seats for intelligence, technology, genetics, military, laws and justice, diplomacy, knowledge, and such.

An arc featuring Exodus and the Acolytes on a mission dealing with an ancient mutant that has resurfaced. Later we get the return of the Gamesmaster who is manipulating things behind the scenes and they don't know if he's friend or foe. Mystique makes a play and demand for Destiny to be brought back. No decision gets made and she gets put on probation.

Selene makes a play to take Mystique's spot but other factions are also wanting the seat. Russia wants a representative after relations have been sour. They expect one of the Winter Guard for a meeting but it's Mikhail Rasputin.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Xterminators

Marvel Boy (Bank)
    That's a blast from the past. Forgotten about him.

Incredible Member

Captains X would indeed be a nice ongoing with Cyclops, Magik, Bishop, Gorgon and Captain Brittain

X of Swords ongoing with the dynamics of Captain Britain and Psylocke in a series focused on establishing the two characters in the X-universe. Though I’d end the series by returning Betsy to the Psylocke mantle with her iconic look (still caucasian and wearing pants though) and Kwannon, coming to term with this nametag and wearing a new costume derived of her Revanche outfit. The series would also explore the characters obscure ties with apocalipse and mr sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    X-Council - Hickman and Larraz

Details council meetings. Looks at what each member is in charge of and how things get done. All major factions get representation either on the Council or an emissary to report to them. Kate gets officially replaced by Callisto who represents the Morlocks. Namor replaces Shaw after demanding a spot. Jean also steps away from the Council to focus on her relationship with Scott and her family. Cannonball is offered the spot but is often is space so Sunspot takes it so the New Mutants/X-Force/Younger Mutants have some representation.

Each council seat has a defined role including seats for intelligence, technology, genetics, military, laws and justice, diplomacy, knowledge, and such.

An arc featuring Exodus and the Acolytes on a mission dealing with an ancient mutant that has resurfaced. Later we get the return of the Gamesmaster who is manipulating things behind the scenes and they don't know if he's friend or foe. Mystique makes a play and demand for Destiny to be brought back. No decision gets made and she gets put on probation.

Selene makes a play to take Mystique's spot but other factions are also wanting the seat. Russia wants a representative after relations have been sour. They expect one of the Winter Guard for a meeting but it's Mikhail Rasputin.
    THIS. I think it's so strange that the man who tried to eliminate a faction of mutants gets a spot over anyone from that group.

Title: World of X
    Writer: Ta-Nehisi Coates
    Artist: Brian Stelfreeze
    Cover Artist: Afua Richardson

The premise of this book is expansion. The Quiet Council has decided to "krakoaform"/terraform the land of Genosha, and tasked to manage this project is the Genoshan Princess herself, Lorna Dane. The goal is to create a society that is run by mutants and lives off of mutants' ideals, government, politics, and culture. However, the difference is that all, humans and mutants alike, are welcome. This gives the world the opportunity to experience and live how mutants have been living on Krakoa.

Polaris: President, Princess, Leader
    Storm: Public Relations, Second Hand to the Princess
    Bishop: Head of Security
    Forge: Technology Advisor
    Cecilia Reyes: Health and Medicine Advisor
    Sunspot: Financial Advisor
    Nature Girl: Liaison to Krakoa

Title: Children of X
    Writer: Eve Ewing
    Artist: Sanford Greene

The premise of this book is about the "everyday" superhero team. Think what the New Mutants were to the X-Men during the Second Coming era. Or think Hickman's New Avengers to his Avengers. They expand upon the quieter, "everyday" moments of the people and their drama living on Genosha. The team consists of a mix of the younger generation classes that have appeared throughout the X-Men years. This team is led by Dani Moonstar, who has proven countless times that she's a high embodiment of teenage disillusionment within the X-Men.

Dani Moonstar
    Dust
    Bling
    Surge
    Prodigy
    Anole
    Gentle
    Armor

Title: Seal Team X
    Writer: Vita Ayala
    Artist: German Peralta

Akin to Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force in that they act as the black ops team, hence the name Seal Team X. Often seen as peace officers to the public, they are tasked to quietly take down threats to the peaceful coexistence of mutants and humans.

Psylocke (Kwannon)
    Quicksilver
    Frenzy
    Daken
    M
    Blink

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    Damn...this is a great idea! I don’t particularly like the character of Gambit, but I certainly do not hate him either. I like about him that his powers, done right, are quite cool and powerful and I love his roots as a thief and how he’s apart of the thieves guild and whatnot. And isn’t he the leader now? Isn’t that what happed I’m the Mr and Mrs X comics? I think it was...the reason why I don’t always like him is because, IMHO, he is not always in the most compelling stories and can be boring. And i know I am biased and many people disagree on me with this, but I don’t like him and Rogue together...even though I admit they are very cute together in looks and other areas.

But I have to say if this did happen...it would make me actually like Gambit, perhaps love him! I mean I loved Magneto and I would hate for this to happen...but I think that it’s inevitable that Magneto, Xavier, and Moira will be found out about their lies. And of course she that does happen...everything they have built on Krakoa will turn into a distaste. People will split up and takes sides just like they did in inhumans vs X-Men(and yes I know that story was quite terrible).

So...since this is inevitable I think that this is a great way for it to be reveled and give Gambit something to do other than mess around with Excalibur and worry about Rogue. Plus wine this is eventually revealed, I don’t think that there is a cooler way to do it. Marvels will be cool, but I think this will be cooler.
    Thank you! Happy that you liked my idea.

Gambit is best when he has his own agenda and stays on grey line. Like in Messiah Complex. He was with Marauders and working for Sinister but at the same time was helping X-Men a lot and his main agenda was to return Rogue from coma. He was like double agent. It was my favorite X crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Title: World of X
    Writer: Ta-Nehisi Coates
    Artist: Brian Stelfreeze

The premise of this book is expansion. The Quiet Council has decided to "krakoaform"/terraform the land of Genosha, and tasked to manage this project is the Genoshan Princess herself, Lorna Dane. The goal is to create a society that is run by mutants and lives off of mutants' ideals, government, politics, and culture. However, the difference is that all, humans and mutants alike, are welcome. This gives the world the opportunity to experience and live how mutants have been living on Krakoa.

Polaris: President, Princess, Leader
    Storm: Public Relations, Second Hand to the Princess
    Bishop: Head of Security
    Forge: Technology Advisor
    Cecilia Reyes: Health and Medicine Advisor
    Sunspot: Financial Advisor
    Nature Girl: Liaison to Krakoa

Title: Children of X
    Writer: Eve Ewing
    Artist: Sanford Greene

The premise of this book is about the "everyday" superhero team. Think what the New Mutants were to the X-Men during the Second Coming era. Or think Hickman's New Avengers to his Avengers. They expand upon the quieter, "everyday" moments of the people and their drama living on Genosha. The team consists of a mix of the younger generation classes that have appeared throughout the X-Men years. This team is led by Dani Moonstar, who has proven countless times that she's a high embodiment of teenage disillusionment within the X-Men.

Dani Moonstar
    Dust
    Bling
    Surge
    Prodigy
    Anole
    Gentle
    Armor

Title: Seal Team X
    Writer: Vita Ayala
    Artist: German Peralta

Akin to Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force in that they act as the black ops team, hence the name Seal Team X. Often seen as peace officers to the public, they are tasked to quietly take down threats to the peaceful coexistence of mutants and humans.

Psylocke (Kwannon)
    Quicksilver
    Frenzy
    Daken
    M
    Blink
    Love the ideas, though I honestly couldn’t see Coates making Storm the second-hand to Polaris. She has way more leadership experience and is probably tired of playing second fiddle to her white counter parts.

Speaking of Coates, I think he’d be the perfect writer to develop Krakoan culture and address how citizens feel about the government. I KNOW underrepresented mutants are not happy about a eugenicist being a part of the ruling class, especially since Sinister can only step foot on the island because he stole DNA from a Native American man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Love the ideas, though I honestly couldn’t see Coates making Storm the second-hand to Polaris. She has way more leadership experience and is probably tired of playing second fiddle to her white counter parts.

Speaking of Coates, I think he’d be the perfect writer to develop Krakoan culture and address how citizens feel about the government. I KNOW underrepresented mutants are not happy about a eugenicist being a part of the ruling class, especially since Sinister can only step foot on the island because he stole DNA from a Native American man.
    Actually very true. I've just always been a fan of Lorna with the Princess of Genosha title and taking back Genosha. But I'm also a huge fan of Ororo being in charge as well. Maybe Ororo could be like head of government to Lorna's title. Kind of like how the UK has a Queen and a Prime Minister. I don't know, haha.

But yes, I agree with Coates. He'd be absolutely great at culture building.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

X-MEN ENGAGE!

Move out Avengers. Earth's mutants migthest Heroes are taking your spot.

Rogue form a very public team of Xmen for a very xpecific goal. passive agresive display of power.

How you gain Trust Respect and fear ? Simple The Xmen will save the humans lives because they can and they will.

Base of operations : The Mansion.

Rogue (Leader)
    Wolverine (Logan)
    Sunfire
    Havok
    Cable
    Jean Grey (in his Xmen red variant uniform please)

Ocasional crossovers with Avengers and 4F. This is the book that always has to tie in.

Classic super heroic

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

X-TRACTION
    Writer: Me
    Artist: Anyone but Dylan Burnett
    Covers: Yasmine Putri

Proposal:
    On Krakoa there is a place on the far side of the island deliberately away from the main mutant establishments. This plot of territory is designated The Wildways. Mutantkind do not live here, as a rule. This is where, due to Xavier’s declaration of mutant sovereignty, refugees from other worlds, timelines, and dimensions have retreated to safety because their varied appearances have made them come under attack even though they do not possess the X-Gene. The building they live in was originally Manor Crossing, teleported from Queens and now repurposed by Krakoan architecture into a much larger structure. Their original landlord was Shatterstar who turned over authority to Longshot who is now ward/spokesman of the refugees. Longshot acts as the liaison between the Quiet Council and The Wildways, while Shatterstar provides the refugees security and teleportation (since Krakoan gates do not work for them). In exchange for their protection under the Krakoan banner, some of the refugees work in rotational teams in coordination with Peter Rasputin in extracting mutants from countries where voluntarily travelling to Krakoa has been restricted or forbidden.

The Main Three:
    Peter Rasputin/Colossus – He has been operating alone as point man in Russia since the announcement of Krakoa went public. As tensions began to escalate exponentially, he realized that he needed further backup to be successful in his continued efforts to rescue mutants. He is struggling with PTSD from the brutality he has witnessed. His fundamental gentle nature acts as the soul and conscience of the team, allowing them to stay on track and obey the rule: Kill No Humans. While he is responsible for directing operations, he is not always featured in the spotlight team (as it is inferred there are more than just one in operation around the world).
    His talents as an artist are understated and some panels of the comic would depict certain scenes from his viewpoint accompanied with his own unique narrative. He is a poet at heart, which counterbalances nicely with the brutality he witnesses with each mission. Emotionally, he has ties to both Kitty (Kate) Pryde and Domino, so the opportunity for brief crossovers between the Marauders and X-Force are in place if/when necessary as the plotline evolves.

Gaveedra 7/Shatterstar identifies as being Mojoworlder more than a half-human mutant and is fiercely protective of The Wildways. He has lapsed back to being moody and introverted. Through flashbacks it’s revealed that -after The 198/Civil War- he was captured by Mojo V and his shockwave ability (which was a mutation) was magically repurposed into a teleportation ability. The extent of which is not truly known, which makes him a frequent visitor to Bar Sinister. [There is an unresolved plotline between ‘Star and Sinister revealed back in X-Force 1996, Issue 57, “If you had the slightest inkling of the true power you wield you might make good on that boast. And at any other time, it might be intriguing to see what you would do with that knowledge.”]
    Aside from being the team teleporter, ‘Star bring other abilities to the group dynamic which have been downplayed in past incarnations. Multi-lingual, he serves as the team’s linguist which comes in handy given the Asian and block countries they encounter (eliminating the necessity of a telepathic liaison) and his advanced Mojoworld technical knowledge makes him an expert with virtually all electronics they encounter. He also makes some interesting gadgets which tie in nicely to interactions with Forge. He utilizes his swords chiefly for teleportation purposes and uses varied Krakoan/Mojoworld tech in defensive situations.
    As his teleportation ability begins to warp into something dark (thanks to Sinister’s meddling) Julio Richter/Rictor (‘Star’s past anchor) can sense that change, proving a potential plotline/crossover with Excalibur.

Maria Callasantos/Feral lived an extremely rough life of poverty, abuse and neglect and was psychotic; having committing matricide and various acts of murder as a young girl. In joining with the Morlocks, she became more cat than human and lost most of what remained of her humanity. X-Force and X-Corps allowed her to regain some semblance of sanity until M-Day robbed her of her powers. She was ultimately murdered by Sabretooth. Since being resurrected by The Five, she has been playing catch-up on all things that have happened to mutants. She has no recollection of being Selene’s puppet but remembers serving as an intermediary to the demon world and the gods as a ghost (X-Factor, Issue ). As an after effect of that status, she now has random flashes of prescience (this is revealed to be tied in to Gabbi Sotelo – See Below).
    Emotionally, Feral has matured but is bothered in having been dead for so long. Her sister, Thornn, is not on Krakoa and Feral is trying to find out what has happened to her. Not a denizen of The Wildways, she makes her appeal to Shatterstar (they were partners in X-Force) to join the group as the team’s tracker while she pursues her own personal search. She and ‘Star eventually form a relationship (sorry Rictor).

Supporting/Rotational cast:
    Longshot - Mojoworlder denizen and former husband of Dazzler. Has the ability of psychometry (hands-on psychic insight) and luck powers. Not the brightest tool in the drawer. He has a long lineage of interactions with virtually all of the core mutants of Krakoa, so the guest star roster is quite large. He is a failed leader from his planet’s rebellion (responsible for the slaughter of 15 million rebels) and that weighs heavily on his conscience, although he tries not to dwell too heavily on that legacy or else his luck powers backfire with disastrous consequences. This happens more and more often now, making him a liability to teams. When he does join one, he tries to make his optimism help with team morale in the group. He is kind, easy to associate with, and has a great sense of humor. He has a complicated relationship with Shatterstar. Due to Mephisto’s interference during the Hell on Earth War, it has made Longshot both the father and clonal-offspring of ‘Star (X-Factor, Issue 259). This paradoxical incest is something of great confusion/shame between them (it is not clear if Dazzler has yet been made aware of her part in it).
    Due to his origins, whenever Longshot and ‘Star are teamed up together both man’s powers are considerably amplified. It had been shown that ‘Star can transfer his healing ability over to Longshot (suggested in X-Factor, Issue 238). In this title, they can actually exchange powers.

Rita Wayward/Spiral – When Mojo removed her trans-reality teleportation power and stranded her on earth, she adopted a young mutant telepath name Ginny. Initially, it was a relationship based on exploitation but Spiral’s insanity lessened into genuine maternal affection for the girl. After Spiral got her powers and soul back from Mojo (Mr. and Mrs. X Issue 17), her ties to Ginny remained strong. Ginny is now safely on Krakoa and Spiral visits her often, although she has an extremely troubled relationship with Longshot, Shatterstar and various X-Men. She also has ties to Gambit and Rogue. That, and her strong magical abilities have potential to tie her to Excalibur on occasion.
    She is fixated on establishing a romantic relationship with Longshot, who is encouraged (perhaps by Sinister) to “lead her on” because her powers of teleportation and sorcery are such an asset (and curiosity).
    Note: Ginny and Gabbi are friends, making Spiral and The End Woman form an unusual friendship.

Karl Snortenthau/Pug-Smasher – A plucky brawler who was introduced in the Shatterstar mini as a “former anti-nationalist terrorist super villain cast out of Earth-8311 amidst a battle against Thanhorse”. His abilities were never established although he appears to be highly intelligent and a clear strategist. In this group, he is an expert in infiltration and subterfuge with a penchant for creating ‘unusual’ bombs (using his own droppings). He’s also cute/funny as hell.

The End Woman – Shatterstar mini. Works with Karl. She was called a mutant in that series but could be changed considering she’s a cyborg. Former assassin / commando. Other abilities are unknown. Possible cyberpathic abilities. Sent from future by the “X-Angels” to kill a half demon mutant destined to become “Sister Conflagration, The Burning Nun” but discovered her target was just a 13-year-old girl named Gabbi (Gabrielle) Sotelo. The End became a Big Sister to the girl and her foster mom on Krakoa. Both stay at The Wildways. Gabbi has potential to have an Illyana Rasputin-themed storyline as she comes into her powers on the Island and may play a part in the group (positive or negative) via her half-demon lineage. This arc could tie her into the New Mutants series.

Fondant – New character. Mojo bio-construct. Body made entirely of strings of pliable organic “skin” that can be utilized in a number of creative ways (similar to Mr. Fantastic). Assumes a convincing Asian-humanoid appearance when not in combat. New to earth and its customs, her perspective offers a neutral view on events.

Doop - Serves as custodian of Manor Crossing. Chiefly comedic relief although a powerhouse when used in combat. Also has potential to be a divisive wildcard, depending on his personal objective at the time.

Enemies:
    Mojo V / Mojoverse
    Scattershot
    Diverse groups made up in all non-treaty nations

Using characters not part of current ongoings:

THE EXECUTIVES
    Nightcrawler
    Monet
    Sunspot
    Bling!
    Tempo
    Bedlam

They are basically influencer operatives to change the culture of humans and mutants alike, from the social elite to the criminal underground to religious circles and the LGBT+ community.

Mighty Member

I would advise another book for the original New Mutants rename it as X-Defenders.

X-Defenders

Dani
    Cannonball
    Illyana
    Doug
    Magma or Boom-Boom
    Skids
    Rictor

Let Brisson has his own team of Glob, Armor and French twins separately.
    Last edited by ericng; 06-10-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Children of X sounds indeed like an awesome title. Let this tell stories of younger X-Men, having a live outside of Krakoa, just because they doo not want to be part of the whole hippie atmosphere.

I see it as Cece Reyes starts a talk with Kwannon, Kid-Cable, Moonstar and Sunspot about the weird atmosphere on Krakoa and how they feel out of place. They also notice some X-kids are not residents on Krakoa (like Match, Dust, Indra and some others), or do not feel at home there (Rockslide, Transonic, Anole and some others). Kwannon decides to keep an eye on the Hellions team, but helps to get the others out of Krakoa, without the Council being aware if it.

There Cece, Nate, Dani and Bobby gather the missing kids and become the Children of X

Working in 2 squads;

Kid Cable
    Moonstar
    Dust
    Match
    Surge
    Rockslide
    Anole

Sunspot
    Hellion
    Indra
    Trance
    Dust
    Spike (the counterpart of the one from X-Men evolution)
    Transonic
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The Moira book (finally) - with guest spots with Erik and Charles certainly, maybe Warlock, Forge, Sage.
    It'd be about any preparations for the Phalanx/Technarchy/Dominion - who else can they tell parts of the future to? Is there literally only a couple actual adults that can be trusted on this island? Shouldn't she have a bodyguard?
    Also it would contextualize what's happening in the other books and tease their next arcs as part of the big story and not filler or tangential (maybe it becomes more of the Great Council book others have suggested at that point)
    One-off issues mixed in about Moira's lives (4, 5, & 7?) that Hickman tossed off in caption boxes or the timeline graphic. Foreshadowing the impending doom for mood-building. Even a chance to see Rasputin & Cardinal again.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post

Using characters not part of current ongoings:

THE EXECUTIVES
    Nightcrawler
    Monet
    Sunspot
    Bling!
    Tempo
    Bedlam

They are basically influencer operatives to change the culture of humans and mutants alike, from the social elite to the criminal underground to religious circles and the LGBT+ community.
    Oh this is a TEAM. Here for it.