Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    X-MEN ENGAGE!

Move out Avengers. Earth's mutants migthest Heroes are taking your spot.

Rogue form a very public team of Xmen for a very xpecific goal. passive agresive display of power.

How you gain Trust Respect and fear ? Simple The Xmen will save the humans lives because they can and they will.

Base of operations : The Mansion.

Rogue (Leader)
    Wolverine (Logan)
    Sunfire
    Havok
    Cable
    Jean Grey (in his Xmen red variant uniform please)

Ocasional crossovers with Avengers and 4F. This is the book that always has to tie in.

Classic super heroic
    I love this. This is the X-Men I want to see and I especially adore the team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post

Using characters not part of current ongoings:

THE EXECUTIVES
    Nightcrawler
    Monet
    Sunspot
    Bling!
    Tempo
    Bedlam

They are basically influencer operatives to change the culture of humans and mutants alike, from the social elite to the criminal underground to religious circles and the LGBT+ community.
    That's a killer creative team and a badass roster. I'd probably sub out Bedlam & Bling! for Anole & Marrow, just because in my ideal Krakoa I plan to have Bedlam & Bling! elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Academy X.

Mutant "Hogwarts" on Krakoa.

POV characters like Ricochet; mutants who haven't ever been X-Men before, let alone been on Krakoa.
    Who else do you have in mind? Melter, Bruiser, Lightbright, Purple Woman, Bombshell & Gwenpool perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    How did you pick the new members on your Generation X idea?
    Well I knew that I needed Monet, Everett & Paige in there. Jubes, Jono & Mondo are taken by Excalibur & New Mutants respectively. Wolverine (Laura), Hellion, Rockslide & Mercury make the cut because the Academy X/New X-Men characters outside of Prodigy & Elixir aren't really in use right now and I think they'd interact really well with Penance, Synch & Husk. They've probably been through just as much, and they're just as powerful. The supporting cast is just built around the friends and family of my cast. Icarus, Tag & Wind Dancer in particular need some solid panel time.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    XSE or X-Terminators
    It basically follows Bishop's status quo of tracking and stopping extinction level threats from Soule's Astonishing X-Men. It just becomes more focused on mutant extinction levels threats (Mother Mold/Nimrod/etc.) and gets some play with the Moira/Destiny stuff.

Team:
    Bishop
    Frenzy
    Bedlam
    Penance
    Blink
    Tempo
    Shola Inkose
    I had a similar pitch but couldn't think of the right name for it. Both of those are great suggestions. I had Bishop, Shard, Fixx, Frenzy, Surge, Warpath, Risque, Sunpyre & Vincente on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    an important (and well-written) return for Legion

-Pav, who won't give up on a proper follow-up to Spurrier's Legion story...
    I put my Legion pitch into the thread already but yeah I'm dying for him to show up in this new era for mutantkind. I suggested Charles Xavier & Amelia Voght (in a romantic relationship), Madison Jeffries & Cecilia Reyes as consultants, and Typhoid Mary as a potential love interest. Regarding Mary, she struggles with a personality disorder of her own, and possesses various powersets. I think they'd be really damn interesting together.

Children of the Atom

set on the continent of Marvel Africa (to begin with). Storm mentored mutants set about providing aid where needed while dealing with growing anti-mutant sentiment.

Oya (Idie Okonkwo, a temperature controlling mutant from Nigeria & the most independent of the 5 lights)

Gentle (Nezhno Abidemi, a potentially Hulk level strongman from Wakanda)

Maggot (the ever irreverent swashbuckling South African, Japheth, always accompanied by the giant slugs that used to be his digestive system - very much the outsider in the “Real World” house)

Mjnari (a Kenyan mutant with super human speed named for a famous tribal elder. The least experienced and most impulsive of this crop. He has the potential to be the fastest non-cosmic runner in the marvel universe. But his body has to heal after every personal speed record that he breaks )

Kidogo (Lazaro Kotikash, also from Kenya, a micromorph who has created his own gravity-defying fighting style after learning how to rapidly alter his own weight and density separate of his physical size. He’s relatively peace-loving and sees combat as more of an opportunity to show off more than an opportunity to cause harm.)

The Magnum Twins (children of Moses Magnum and an unnamed Italian woman/mutant- the female (Vibrata) can release a devastating shockwave by adjusting her voice and the male (Tremore) can increase the force of his attacks & strength by vibrating his molecules) - they are somewhat in probation after attacking Wakanda)

Y'know what would be absolutely incredible?

I'd love to see David Hine come back to do a sequel to District X, but showing what those characters are doing now in the era of the mutant state of Krakoa. I really loved how unique many of the characters and their powers were, like the man who turned into a tree and grew fruit, or the man who created fantastic animals from his dreams or nightmares.

District X gave us a wonderful look at mutant life and culture during its original era, and its something I think would be wonderful to see now as well.

-Pav, who knows that Hickman remembers Mr. M...
    Last edited by Pav; 06-21-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Children of the Atom

set on the continent of Marvel Africa (to begin with). Storm mentored mutants set about providing aid where needed while dealing with growing anti-mutant sentiment.

Oya (Idie Okonkwo, a temperature controlling mutant from Nigeria & the most independent of the 5 lights)

Gentle (Nezhno Abidemi, a potentially Hulk level strongman from Wakanda)

Maggot (the ever irreverent swashbuckling South African, Japheth, always accompanied by the giant slugs that used to be his digestive system - very much the outsider in the “Real World” house)

Mjnari (a Kenyan mutant with super human speed named for a famous tribal elder. The least experienced and most impulsive of this crop. He has the potential to be the fastest non-cosmic runner in the marvel universe. But his body has to heal after every personal speed record that he breaks )

Kidogo (Lazaro Kotikash, also from Kenya, a micromorph who has created his own gravity-defying fighting style after learning how to rapidly alter his own weight and density separate of his physical size. He’s relatively peace-loving and sees combat as more of an opportunity to show off more than an opportunity to cause harm.)

The Magnum Twins (children of Moses Magnum and an unnamed Italian woman/mutant- the female (Vibrata) can release a devastating shockwave by adjusting her voice and the male (Tremore) can increase the force of his attacks & strength by vibrating his molecules) - they are somewhat in probation after attacking Wakanda)
    I would definitely buy this book!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This thread showed up at the right time. This was not my idea. Someone else chose the team and i wish i could remember who but i was truly captivated by the team. Couldn't find the original thread.

Attachment 97691
    It was me. That team would be so interesting. I would Christina and Nunizo on it with Jen Bartel as a the artist.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post

Using characters not part of current ongoings:

THE EXECUTIVES
    Nightcrawler
    Monet
    Sunspot
    Bling!
    Tempo
    Bedlam

They are basically influencer operatives to change the culture of humans and mutants alike, from the social elite to the criminal underground to religious circles and the LGBT+ community.
    I love everything about this except for Bling as I dont like the character but I would read this anyway. This team would def generate some buzz on the internet. It def would be interesting change up for Kurt being so surrounded by all of this Blackness.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Title: World of X
    Writer: Ta-Nehisi Coates
    Artist: Brian Stelfreeze
    Cover Artist: Afua Richardson

The premise of this book is expansion. The Quiet Council has decided to "krakoaform"/terraform the land of Genosha, and tasked to manage this project is the Genoshan Princess herself, Lorna Dane. The goal is to create a society that is run by mutants and lives off of mutants' ideals, government, politics, and culture. However, the difference is that all, humans and mutants alike, are welcome. This gives the world the opportunity to experience and live how mutants have been living on Krakoa.

Polaris: President, Princess, Leader
    Storm: Public Relations, Second Hand to the Princess
    Bishop: Head of Security
    Forge: Technology Advisor
    Cecilia Reyes: Health and Medicine Advisor
    Sunspot: Financial Advisor
    Nature Girl: Liaison to Krakoa

Title: Children of X
    Writer: Eve Ewing
    Artist: Sanford Greene

The premise of this book is about the "everyday" superhero team. Think what the New Mutants were to the X-Men during the Second Coming era. Or think Hickman's New Avengers to his Avengers. They expand upon the quieter, "everyday" moments of the people and their drama living on Genosha. The team consists of a mix of the younger generation classes that have appeared throughout the X-Men years. This team is led by Dani Moonstar, who has proven countless times that she's a high embodiment of teenage disillusionment within the X-Men.

Dani Moonstar
    Dust
    Bling
    Surge
    Prodigy
    Anole
    Gentle
    Armor

Title: Seal Team X
    Writer: Vita Ayala
    Artist: German Peralta

Akin to Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force in that they act as the black ops team, hence the name Seal Team X. Often seen as peace officers to the public, they are tasked to quietly take down threats to the peaceful coexistence of mutants and humans.

Psylocke (Kwannon)
    Quicksilver
    Frenzy
    Daken
    M
    Blink
    This idea is also amazing! Finally it puts Polaris in the spotlight and the Consort is great.,.it actually makes me quite sad that this probably won’t happen, but we can hope right? Plus it can also Bring Pietro back knit tye fold of things...he’s been gone for too long...

The New Acolytes(P.S. this assumes that Pietro and Wanda are made to be Magneto’s children again)

Cast: Polaris, Exodus, Quicksilver, Nightcrawler, Prestige, Danger, Fabian Cortez, Lady Mastermind, and Frenzy

Supporting Cast: Magneto, Captain America, Tony Stark, Scarlet Witch, Mystique, Crystal of The Inhumans, Banshee, and Mastermind

Purpose of each cast member:

Polaris: Leader
    Exodus: Powerhouse
    Quicksilver:
    Nightcrawler:
    Prestige: Telepath
    Danger: Smart person
    Fabian Cortez:
    Lady Mastermind:
    Frenzy:

I think the purpose for this team, at least on the surface, is for two reason. 1, To manage mutant public imagine, and 2, to do kind of what happens after mutants get to Krakoa and to establish public services and stuff on Krakoa. This is what THE NEW ACOLYTES do on the surface.

While they do that, the more shadier reason is because Magneto doesn’t trust certain people in and outside Krakoa. So he forms The New Acolytes(delegates it to Lorna and Exodus...they can be co-leaders)and their REAL purpose is to deal with large-scale threats to Krakoa.

So kind of how like X-Force deals with Krakoa’s security and does a lot of shady things in the background. The New Acolytes takes down major villains that would be against Krakoa...down below will be a list of their adversaries.

Also, The New Acolytes very very secretly investigate certain people on Krakoa who are not trustworthy. And I’ll be listing those people below.

Surface purpose of team allies and adversaries:

Allies: None...
    Neutral: Captain America, Spider-Man, other Avengers
    (Presumed) Adversaries: Scarlet Witch, President of the USA, generally some human people and some unruly people on Krakoa

Magneto’s 1st Shady Real Reason for forming the team(to take down major villains against Krakoa)

Allies: Crystal of the Inhumans, Medusa of the Inhumans, Black Bolt of The Inhumans
    Neutral:
    (Presumed) Adversaries: Deadpool, other villainous people who are jealous of Krakoa

Magneto’s 2nd Shady Reason for forming the team(to investigate shady and untrustworthy people Krakoa)

Allies: Magneto and Banshee
    Neutral: None too important...
    (Presumed) Adversaries: Mystique, Mastermind, Mister Sinister, Apocalypse, Moira, other people on Krakoa who are threats...and might be trying to ruin everything.

Romantic Relationships:

I definitely think that Exodus and Polaris should get together.
    IMHO they have great potential, plus with the whole Expdus being obsessed with Magneto would be funny and because Lorna and Havok do NO belong together anymore, anyways. I think that Crystal and Pietro should get BACK together. Again nowadays they have both changed and are better for one another than they were in say 2006. I think that Nightcrawler and Prestige(Rachel Summers)should get together. They’re great friends and both care about each other, also have great chemistry together. And I think that Lady Mastermind and Frenzy should get together. Frenzy is a former acolyte and Lady Mastermind is mastermind’s daughter...plenty to relate over and would be fun, I think.

Platonic Relationships: there should definitely be a friendship between Polaris/Prestige/Frenzy/Lady Mastermind. Uhh, cause they’re is so much they can all relate over...and would be fun with all the differing personalities. Also between Exodus/Nightcrawler. They have extreme difference, but I feel they both have this code of honor, are good, and wise...plus Nightcdawler is forgiving and would forgive Exodus for his past actions and mistakes. And one between Quicksilver/Fabian Cortez/Banshee. Uhh...cause Pietro can like forgive Cortez for kidnapping his daughter to see that would be interesting and Banshee can complain about how his life sucks...and Pietro can complain and so can Fabian.

Other Relationships:

This is a big one and mainly to explore the familial bonds between these people...since most of them have notable family members and toxic/dysfunctional families.

Lorna/Magneto/Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver. This has to happen they all need to forgive and redeem and bond and stuff, all of them, and get that toxicity out of the way. Quicksilver/Luna. Luna currently goes to a boarding school in England...yeah she needs to be taken out of there and bright to Krakoa to be with her family even though she’s not a mutant there are cases(such as Jubilee’s child Shogo)where humans can live there...even if she does not live there she should bond with her father more. Nightcrawler/Mystique cause...well we all know Mystique is not a good parent I don’t think that Raven should now all of a sudden be a good parent, but I think they should come to some sort of peace and be cordial...but I don’t see a TRUE parent/child relationship between them. Mastermind/Lady Mastermind. We don’t se much if any of their relationship..would like to see some dynamics. A little of Prestige/and Grey-Summer’s family...but not too much since we have that in the main X-Men line...and even in X-Force some.

Okay, so to explain further I will be going through the arcs of this story and what it will lead up to in the end

Arc 1: The formation of the team how they all get together and stuff...how Magneto approaches them all and all that...
    Arc 2: A mission where they save the President of The United States(or an important human figure)to make humans like them more...kinda...but the person they save is ungrateful and becomes and enemy...
    Arc 3: How they establish some public services on Krakoa
    Arc 4(this is where it really starts): The trail of The Scarlet Witch. This is where the Avengers come in and there’s a debate/argument maybe even a small physically fight...but in the end Wanda agrees and even WANTS to stand trail for her crimes and make amends. And they bring her in(maybe with Exodus like calling her pretender and stuff). The trail would most likely ACTUALLY take place in the main X-Men book, but in here is some booming/forgiveness/closure...the after and before the trial which after Wanda stays in Krakoa and like...helps people and joins the team...part-time, Anyways.
    Arc 5: I feel like they should have some empowered villain who wants to like destroy Krakoa or something(I think they should be someone who has a history with the X-Men)and they fight them and defeat them and have Lady Mastermind tamper with their memories. And they get help from the Inhumans and this can be how they are brought in as side characters along with Pietro’s daughter Luna.
    Arc 6: I think Mastermind and Mystique should do something to try and sabotage Krakoa and they stop him, with Polaris and Luna being large factors...like I think that Polaris should ALMOST have him defeated and then Luna steps in a helps some kind of way with her empathy...or something. Also this is when the friendshios and other relationships can start to REALLY develop, and then Mastermind should have a tearful goodbye with his daughter as he is banished to the underground with Sabertooth has Mystique only is banished with a large fight from her.

After this I have no clear stuff of what I What to happen, but I want them to like expose Mister Sinister for doing something, idk what and have their be a large blanket of suspiciousn under Apocalypse, but have him be innocent. Once Sinister is dealt with I think that Moira should be discovered to be alive which leads to Charles and Magneto and Moria and their lies all being exposed...maybe by secretly bringing Destiny back since Rachel Summers could maybe influence the five and steal Professor’s thingy to give Destiny her memories. And maybe Mystique resurfaces. I think this should cause a schism where the ones who want to stay on Krakoa will stay and the one who don’t will leave.

As for the team itself I think it should be half and half on who will stay and who will go.

Exodus, Quicksilver, Luna, Danger, And in a shocking turn of events Rachel Summers and Polaris should stay on Krakoa(cause I think we can find out that both these two are not goodie-goodies and kind of do what it takes)

Nightcrawler, Scarlet Witch, Fabian Cortez, Lady Mastermind, and Frenzy choose to leave Krakoa and are on the side of truth. This causes conflict in the way that Kurt and Rachel are separated...Wanda and Pietro are on differing sides...

Anyways, I hope that you guys likes this idea...I know that it’s quite complicated and perhaps even convoluted...but I really like this idea. I wish a book could be made, that will likely never happen. Hey, maybe I’ll write a fan fiction on it(BTS my name on Archiveofourown is ‘FieryMaze’ and my name on fanfiction.net is ‘greatmorgan’...ha ha shameless plug...

How do you guys feel about my idea?

The idea of Lorna as president is an interesting one that there's been a little bit of interest in among fans.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

A Lorna fan made a Tumblr blog last year with the idea of Lorna running for president on a Mutant Liberation Party platform. Not much activity since, but it's a cool fandom thing. The post about Lorna acting as a nuke deterrent was neat.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

New X-Men: Rotating team of Hellion/Wind Dancer/Surge /Rockslide/Genesis/Mercury/Pixie/Armor/Anole

Giving us the reunion we deserve while they go after the hateful groups that have a mission statement to destroy Krakoa: Sapian League, Purifiers, Friends of Humanity, etc.

It can be a maxi series. Just give it to me.

New Excalibur team after Swords of X:

Brian, Betsy as the Luke/Leia of the X-Men universe must travel through Otherworld to hunt down some loose thread os Swords of X.

Brian has the amuleth
    Betsy has the sword

and their team is:
    Nightcrawler
    Meggan (and Maggie)
    Jubilee (and Shogo)
    Pete Wisdom
    Widget (as the baby sitter)

written by Claremont
    drawn by Dauterman
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    New Excalibur team after Swords of X:

Brian, Betsy as the Luke/Leia of the X-Men universe must travel through Otherworld to hunt down some loose thread os Swords of X.

Brian has the amuleth
    Betsy has the sword

and their team is:
    Nightcrawler
    Meggan (and Maggie)
    Jubilee (and Shogo)
    Pete Wisdom
    Widget (as the baby sitter)

written by Claremont
    drawn by Dauterman
    Oh, I really like this team.
    I do think they should keep Poccy as he's one of the best things about the current run, but Howard's takes on Rogue, Gambit and Rictor won't be missed.
    Throw in Pixie and Banshee too and you've got a team.

I don't know if I'd trust Claremont here after his last runs, thought. Tini's work hasn't blown my mind yet but it's still much better than New Excalibur, New Exiles or X-men Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    NEW X-MEN: REBEL YOUTH

It's a working title.

Surprising absolutely no one, a CBR user begs for the return of his beloved class of young X-Men in a Four-Issue Miniseries, posing the question: what would you do if you woke up in another mutants body? It's Freaky Friday meets Academy X in the ineluctable style of someone who doesn't even have the attention span to finish fanfics.

The first issue is, of course, all about setting the stage, but has a couple of really important beats to get through. Premier here is the return of two characters; Wallflower and Wind Dancer. The first is by way of Krakoan egg, the second simply by boat, having yet to regain her powers (Tag and presumably others have already been resurrected- by the end of the mini, it will be clearly established that every Academy X kid is alive and well on krakoa- well, with the exception of Blindfold/Preview, I guess). We show off the cast, we develop the Sextant and we catch everyone up on all the relationships- ending on the reveal that the commentary we've been reading for the issue's span came not from Julian per se, but from Julian transplanted into another's body. It's body swap o'clock baybee.

The second issue is where we start to get into it: the rules and timeframe of the body swap seem to establish themselves, and we get to see control come up as a theme. We're taking a bunch of characters who are quite established with their powers, and totally flipping that on its head. Hellion, when not Hellion, will no longer have the pinpoint control that Julian has manifested. Similarly with the returning Wallflower, whose pheromones will once again be running rampant once out of the control of Laurie herself. One thing running through my head is what happens when someone is body swapped into Mercury's body- do they take control of Cess-Mercury, do they become mercurial versions of themselves, or are they at such a complete loss that they turn into a horrific, ill-formed goop? This issue, however, is mostly based on the quirky comedic antics of it all (some of which I'm holding back on in the unlikely scenario that I do actually bother to write this up).

The third issue is where we go all out, with absolute chaos spinning out of the nigh-constant flux of identity. Relationships and friendships ruined, trust broken and insecurities brought to light. Polar opposite of issue two. Here we will also see one of the key moments of horror- as the body swap initiates right in the middle of Wind Dancer's Crucible, putting someone far less motivated into battle with Apocalypse. On the final page we reveal who has been behind the whole bodyswap scenario: it's Karma, of New Mutants fame.

Heading into the finale in the fateful fourth issue. Wrap Karma up quite quickly at the start of the issue- it having been a new development of her powers (try to get here back to being possession-based, rather than just Psychic #3) and not something she had done intentionally. She does however feel a great deal of guilt from the body swap scenario, many of which has had lasting ramifications on characters, both good and bad, and decides to take up a position in direct mentorship of the New X-Men.

Delving into the psychological impact of a lot of the body horror that concerns these characters, I have one particular character journey in mind- Hellion's. He will get to experience having hands again, but will ultimately take this experience to be more assured in himself. He will move on from angst over his injury to finding an almost-perverse sense of pride in having made a personal sacrifice for the good of mutantkind, ultimately refusing the healing of his hands and even disavowing his mechanical prosthesis- his mutant telekinesis does a far better job than his human parts anyway.

I very much have the desire to see this play into the Krakoa status quo, in so far as if death is no longer a matter of consequence, we then have to look towards interpersonal relationships and ramifications. No one's going to die, but the whole experience, having started out as something light and fluffy, will have the potential to be as scarring as the KYost bus.

And it just so happens to position the New X-Men primed to return to the big leagues and claim a Krakoan future for their own.
    Love this!

But I'm not sure I'm ready for Hellion to be in Surge's body. Added to Wallflower's hormones in the air...it's a recipe for too much sexual tension.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

I am kind of cheating since half the team already exists, but I really want an X-Corps title to come out of Empyre with Angel, Penance, Magik, and Multiple Man. Add Synch, Laura, and Darwin when they get back from the World, and Warpath and Nightcrawler (since they are my two favorites without a home right now) and I'll be set. They can be the team that deals with the outside world, setting up treaties and deals and also offer asylum/safehaven to mutants who are not in Krakoa. My team would be divided as:
    Angel (Leader and financial backer, the one mutant who can exist in both worlds).
    Penance (as the ambassador)
    Magik (transportation and all around Badass)
    Synch (as someone who can tap into other mutants' powers to try to control them).
    Laura (the tracker and the one person who would butt heads with Magik).
    Darwin (as the one mutant that can adapt to any condition)
    Multiple Man (as the literal one man staff)
    Nightcrawler &
    Warpath (the stealth team together with Laura that would get in when negotiations fail).