Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Pitch a new Dawn of X Book

I tried to look up an old thread on this, but couldn't find any. Include your pitch, team roster (if it's a team book), and how it would impact the overall status quo.

Gambit solo

Gambit don't trust council at Krakoa and sure that good Council is all just an illussion and he will look after it's decisions. He offers his services and Guilds with spies, thieves, possibility to get anything and deliever anything better then Hellfire. He becames adversary of Frost and Hellfire.

His main thing is to check Apoc motives and others that are not worthy at Council. Becomes a new Black King instead of Shaw.

His explosions would be massive and dangerous. Not a flash of lights like in Excalibur, lol. Charisma, agility and h2h at his top. He is smart, dangerous and others know it.

Later he finds facts that Apocalypse and Council is broken and lying. So Council kills him. Not all Council. Xavier, Mags and Apoc. Later they brings him back to life without memories about facts and with rebooted mind.

On the ceremony of Gambit's return, real Gambit that faked his death because he knew about Coucil plans comes out and reveal everything. That council is manipulative garbage and that POD people are just clones. Not original and without soul.

It will lead that Gambit, Mystique, Rogue, Wolverine probably will leave Krakoa and become rebels. His clone will leave too.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 06-09-2020 at 11:12 AM.

That's certainly a lot better than what he's doing in Excalibur right now.

NEW X-MEN: REBEL YOUTH

It's a working title.

Surprising absolutely no one, a CBR user begs for the return of his beloved class of young X-Men in a Four-Issue Miniseries, posing the question: what would you do if you woke up in another mutants body? It's Freaky Friday meets Academy X in the ineluctable style of someone who doesn't even have the attention span to finish fanfics.

The first issue is, of course, all about setting the stage, but has a couple of really important beats to get through. Premier here is the return of two characters; Wallflower and Wind Dancer. The first is by way of Krakoan egg, the second simply by boat, having yet to regain her powers (Tag and presumably others have already been resurrected- by the end of the mini, it will be clearly established that every Academy X kid is alive and well on krakoa- well, with the exception of Blindfold/Preview, I guess). We show off the cast, we develop the Sextant and we catch everyone up on all the relationships- ending on the reveal that the commentary we've been reading for the issue's span came not from Julian per se, but from Julian transplanted into another's body. It's body swap o'clock baybee.

The second issue is where we start to get into it: the rules and timeframe of the body swap seem to establish themselves, and we get to see control come up as a theme. We're taking a bunch of characters who are quite established with their powers, and totally flipping that on its head. Hellion, when not Hellion, will no longer have the pinpoint control that Julian has manifested. Similarly with the returning Wallflower, whose pheromones will once again be running rampant once out of the control of Laurie herself. One thing running through my head is what happens when someone is body swapped into Mercury's body- do they take control of Cess-Mercury, do they become mercurial versions of themselves, or are they at such a complete loss that they turn into a horrific, ill-formed goop? This issue, however, is mostly based on the quirky comedic antics of it all (some of which I'm holding back on in the unlikely scenario that I do actually bother to write this up).

The third issue is where we go all out, with absolute chaos spinning out of the nigh-constant flux of identity. Relationships and friendships ruined, trust broken and insecurities brought to light. Polar opposite of issue two. Here we will also see one of the key moments of horror- as the body swap initiates right in the middle of Wind Dancer's Crucible, putting someone far less motivated into battle with Apocalypse. On the final page we reveal who has been behind the whole bodyswap scenario: it's Karma, of New Mutants fame.

Heading into the finale in the fateful fourth issue. Wrap Karma up quite quickly at the start of the issue- it having been a new development of her powers (try to get here back to being possession-based, rather than just Psychic #3) and not something she had done intentionally. She does however feel a great deal of guilt from the body swap scenario, many of which has had lasting ramifications on characters, both good and bad, and decides to take up a position in direct mentorship of the New X-Men.

Delving into the psychological impact of a lot of the body horror that concerns these characters, I have one particular character journey in mind- Hellion's. He will get to experience having hands again, but will ultimately take this experience to be more assured in himself. He will move on from angst over his injury to finding an almost-perverse sense of pride in having made a personal sacrifice for the good of mutantkind, ultimately refusing the healing of his hands and even disavowing his mechanical prosthesis- his mutant telekinesis does a far better job than his human parts anyway.

I very much have the desire to see this play into the Krakoa status quo, in so far as if death is no longer a matter of consequence, we then have to look towards interpersonal relationships and ramifications. No one's going to die, but the whole experience, having started out as something light and fluffy, will have the potential to be as scarring as the KYost bus.

And it just so happens to position the New X-Men primed to return to the big leagues and claim a Krakoan future for their own.

4 books I would definitely pick up:

Captain Britain solo (with a different writer)

New X-Men (the younger student we want to see reactions from)

Quiet Council (I dont care if its a mini)

X-Men Captains

Honestly I wish Hickman got Al Ewing, Mike Carey, Keiron Gillen, and Tom Taylor back on the x-books. THAT WOULD BE AN ERA.

Xterminators

Chance
    Taki
    Darkstar
    Skids
    Rusty
    Marvel Boy (Bank)

I'm not very creative so I won't go into too many details because I don't have the ideas. I'm not a writer.

An X-Corps book where mutants conduct a global outreach program to work along with humans to solve world issues and to provide as an emergency response team. They may even work with other marvel heroes when appropriate. I'm thinking a diverse and global cast such as M, Trinary, Gentle, Banshee, etc. I could see Jean Grey possibly being in this book and continuing the work from X-men Red since the mission of this book would be something positive opposed to the shadiness of X-force operations. Storm or Dust would work well here too.

Or a book centering the Omega mutants. Think of it as Krakoa's answer to the Avengers. It wouldn't include all the omega mutants but a sample of about 6-7. These mutants would take on big and/or cosmic level threats and expand Krakoa into the cosmos or to other dimensions. It could be a big sci-fi book with big concepts and feature some of the reality warpers such as Franklin.

I'd love a Quiet Council mini that addresses some political issues but would still include a mission/adventure so we can see them in action together. I want to know more about the division of labor on Krakoa and their economic systems, how they handle healthcare, deviance, the formal social control mechanisms, social stratification, housing, education, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That's certainly a lot better than what he's doing in Excalibur right now.
    Thanks.
    What book you would like to see?

House of Carnation
    biannual anthology
    comedy, pinup, synopses

Main characters: Jumbo Carnation, Tabitha "Boom Boom" Smith

Every six months, Hellfire White hosts a fashion show presenting the Spring and Fall looks from the House of Carnation. The first few pages is Jumbo being frustrated with his assistant Tabitha. Then its pinup artwork of "mutant fashion", which is really just costume redesigns drawn by Marvel pros. Sinister sits in the front row and talks trash about each model(X-Man). Sinister's comments describe the X-Man's actions in his or her book, serving as a synopses for people who are interested in X-Men without having to buy each issue but want the trades.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Xterminators

Chance
    Taki
    Darkstar
    Skids
    Rusty
    Marvel Boy (Bank)
    How would this fit in the Krakoan status quo?

X-Corporation! The Public Relationships superhero team of Krakoa. It's supposed to be a very superhero-ish team book, with a lot of missions against supervillains from all over the MU.

Cast:
    - Sunspot;
    - Monet;
    - Angel;
    - Dazzler;
    - Triage;
    - Pixie;
    - Hellion.

Supporting cast: the Hellfire Trading Company, whomever is needed for a specific mission (a lot of rotating extras).

Synopsis: X-Corporations are appearing all around the world! New Krakoan habitats are flourishing with a big "X-Corp" logo and people all over the world are getting very curious about what this means. Social networks are going crazy and they erupt when an X-Corp IG page appears. But what is X-Corp?
    The mutants from Krakoa are happy to lend their talents, money and resources to whomever needs them! This high-profile superhero group is going to solve all your crises: bank robberies, super villains, environmental crises! Anything! And all you need to do is take a picture with them!

Like with the flowers, Xavier has decided to gain back the trust of the People of the Earth by showing them how mutant solutions can solve all human problems, starting with superheroing. And who needs the Avengers when you have the whole mighty of the Krakoan Nation on your side?

But this is not all that X-Corp does! While providing help and humanitarian relief to people all over the world, they're linked with the Marauders in rescuing mutants in dire conditions, and they're making money moves alongisde the Hellfire Trading Company to move forward the mutant plan of conquering the world's economy. But not everyone is going to be happy about it, from government sanctioned heroes such as the Squadron Supreme to supervillains tired of being continuously defeated by the mutants. And before they know it, they will have all kinds of heroes and villains wanting to take them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Thanks.
    What book you would like to see?
    I'd love to see a Storm solo book. It could transition between her teaming up with other heroes (T'Challa, Misty Knight, etc.), to being a representative of Krakoa on the world stage, to exploring her godhood.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    NEW X-MEN: REBEL YOUTH

It's a working title.

Surprising absolutely no one, a CBR user begs for the return of his beloved class of young X-Men in a Four-Issue Miniseries, posing the question: what would you do if you woke up in another mutants body? It's Freaky Friday meets Academy X in the ineluctable style of someone who doesn't even have the attention span to finish fanfics.

The first issue is, of course, all about setting the stage, but has a couple of really important beats to get through. Premier here is the return of two characters; Wallflower and Wind Dancer. The first is by way of Krakoan egg, the second simply by boat, having yet to regain her powers (Tag and presumably others have already been resurrected- by the end of the mini, it will be clearly established that every Academy X kid is alive and well on krakoa- well, with the exception of Blindfold/Preview, I guess). We show off the cast, we develop the Sextant and we catch everyone up on all the relationships- ending on the reveal that the commentary we've been reading for the issue's span came not from Julian per se, but from Julian transplanted into another's body. It's body swap o'clock baybee.

The second issue is where we start to get into it: the rules and timeframe of the body swap seem to establish themselves, and we get to see control come up as a theme. We're taking a bunch of characters who are quite established with their powers, and totally flipping that on its head. Hellion, when not Hellion, will no longer have the pinpoint control that Julian has manifested. Similarly with the returning Wallflower, whose pheromones will once again be running rampant once out of the control of Laurie herself. One thing running through my head is what happens when someone is body swapped into Mercury's body- do they take control of Cess-Mercury, do they become mercurial versions of themselves, or are they at such a complete loss that they turn into a horrific, ill-formed goop? This issue, however, is mostly based on the quirky comedic antics of it all (some of which I'm holding back on in the unlikely scenario that I do actually bother to write this up).

The third issue is where we go all out, with absolute chaos spinning out of the nigh-constant flux of identity. Relationships and friendships ruined, trust broken and insecurities brought to light. Polar opposite of issue two. Here we will also see one of the key moments of horror- as the body swap initiates right in the middle of Wind Dancer's Crucible, putting someone far less motivated into battle with Apocalypse. On the final page we reveal who has been behind the whole bodyswap scenario: it's Karma, of New Mutants fame.

Heading into the finale in the fateful fourth issue. Wrap Karma up quite quickly at the start of the issue- it having been a new development of her powers (try to get here back to being possession-based, rather than just Psychic #3) and not something she had done intentionally. She does however feel a great deal of guilt from the body swap scenario, many of which has had lasting ramifications on characters, both good and bad, and decides to take up a position in direct mentorship of the New X-Men.

Delving into the psychological impact of a lot of the body horror that concerns these characters, I have one particular character journey in mind- Hellion's. He will get to experience having hands again, but will ultimately take this experience to be more assured in himself. He will move on from angst over his injury to finding an almost-perverse sense of pride in having made a personal sacrifice for the good of mutantkind, ultimately refusing the healing of his hands and even disavowing his mechanical prosthesis- his mutant telekinesis does a far better job than his human parts anyway.

I very much have the desire to see this play into the Krakoa status quo, in so far as if death is no longer a matter of consequence, we then have to look towards interpersonal relationships and ramifications. No one's going to die, but the whole experience, having started out as something light and fluffy, will have the potential to be as scarring as the KYost bus.

And it just so happens to position the New X-Men primed to return to the big leagues and claim a Krakoan future for their own.
    Oh and if this got picked up for a sequel mini/ongoing, then it'd prominently feature Wallflower's dad: a loose end from all the way back in DeFilipis/Weir New X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    X-Corporation! The Public Relationships superhero team of Krakoa. It's supposed to be a very superhero-ish team book, with a lot of missions against supervillains from all over the MU.

Cast:
    - Sunspot;
    - Monet;
    - Angel;
    - Dazzler;
    - Triage;
    - Pixie;
    - Hellion.

Supporting cast: the Hellfire Trading Company, whomever is needed for a specific mission (a lot of rotating extras).

Synopsis: X-Corporations are appearing all around the world! New Krakoan habitats are flourishing with a big "X-Corp" logo and people all over the world are getting very curious about what this means. Social networks are going crazy and they erupt when an X-Corp IG page appears. But what is X-Corp?
    The mutants from Krakoa are happy to lend their talents, money and resources to whomever needs them! This high-profile superhero group is going to solve all your crises: bank robberies, super villains, environmental crises! Anything! And all you need to do is take a picture with them!

Like with the flowers, Xavier has decided to gain back the trust of the People of the Earth by showing them how mutant solutions can solve all human problems, starting with superheroing. And who needs the Avengers when you have the whole mighty of the Krakoan Nation on your side?

But this is not all that X-Corp does! While providing help and humanitarian relief to people all over the world, they're linked with the Marauders in rescuing mutants in dire conditions, and they're making money moves alongisde the Hellfire Trading Company to move forward the mutant plan of conquering the world's economy. But not everyone is going to be happy about it, from government sanctioned heroes such as the Squadron Supreme to supervillains tired of being continuously defeated by the mutants. And before they know it, they will have all kinds of heroes and villains wanting to take them down.
    I love this! I think some fans have been craving a more straight forward superhero book, but the PR and social media aspects add some nice layers of nuance to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit solo

Gambit don't trust council at Krakoa and sure that good Council is all just an illussion and he will look after it's decisions. He offers his services and Guilds with spies, thieves, possibility to get anything and deliever anything better then Hellfire. He becames adversary of Frost and Hellfire.

His main thing is to check Apoc motives and others that are not worthy at Council. Becomes a new Black King instead of Shaw.

His explosions would be massive and dangerous. Not a flash of lights like in Excalibur, lol. Charisma, agility and h2h at his top. He is smart, dangerous and others know it.

Later he finds facts that Apocalypse and Council is broken and lying. So Council kills him. Not all Council. Xavier, Mags and Apoc. Later they brings him back to life without memories about facts and with rebooted mind.

On the ceremony of Gambit's return, real Gambit that faked his death because he knew about Coucil plans comes out and reveal everything. That council is manipulative garbage and that POD people are just clones. Not original and without soul.

It will lead that Gambit, Mystique, Rogue, Wolverine probably will leave Krakoa and become rebels. His clone will leave too.
    Damn...this is a great idea! I don’t particularly like the character of Gambit, but I certainly do not hate him either. I like about him that his powers, done right, are quite cool and powerful and I love his roots as a thief and how he’s apart of the thieves guild and whatnot. And isn’t he the leader now? Isn’t that what happed I’m the Mr and Mrs X comics? I think it was...the reason why I don’t always like him is because, IMHO, he is not always in the most compelling stories and can be boring. And i know I am biased and many people disagree on me with this, but I don’t like him and Rogue together...even though I admit they are very cute together in looks and other areas.

But I have to say if this did happen...it would make me actually like Gambit, perhaps love him! I mean I loved Magneto and I would hate for this to happen...but I think that it’s inevitable that Magneto, Xavier, and Moira will be found out about their lies. And of course she that does happen...everything they have built on Krakoa will turn into a distaste. People will split up and takes sides just like they did in inhumans vs X-Men(and yes I know that story was quite terrible).

So...since this is inevitable I think that this is a great way for it to be reveled and give Gambit something to do other than mess around with Excalibur and worry about Rogue. Plus wine this is eventually revealed, I don’t think that there is a cooler way to do it. Marvels will be cool, but I think this will be cooler.