Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Academy X.

Mutant "Hogwarts" on Krakoa.

POV characters like Ricochet; mutants who haven't ever been X-Men before, let alone been on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Academy X.

Mutant "Hogwarts" on Krakoa.

POV characters like Ricochet; mutants who haven't ever been X-Men before, let alone been on Krakoa.
    New Mutants could have been something like that.

Odinforce

Now that Thor is King of Asgard, Odin has time on his hands. He's decided he needs to get back to being the most powerful of all the Gods, and regaining his old strength now that he doesn't have to worry about ruling. He has a prophetic vision of a massive quest he must go on to reclaim his full power. But in order to do so, he needs to form a team, and the prophecy calls for a team of mutants. He calls upon Dani Moonstar and tells her he needs her help putting together a team, says he specifically needs her help getting Cable to join the team. Team ends up being Odin, Dani Moonstar, Warpath, Kid Cable, Shatterstar, Boom-Boom, and Magik. They end up going on adventures across time and space, completing side quests for Odin, while Odin teaches the young mutants things they never would have imagined. Odin shows his shamanistic side teaching Dani and Warpath new shamanistic magics, and helps teach Cable new possibilities for his powers. Very similar to the original X-Force, but instead of Cable being the Jedi and the New Mutants being his Padawans, Odin is the Jedi teacher.
    Last edited by GigaBalls; 06-14-2020 at 10:51 AM.

Interesting take on Cable and funny you should mention him as “Jedi” with the NM being his “Padawans,” because I was actually thinking of quite the opposite of him being a Padawan and actually going back to a more Jedi like take on the character. Hear me out...

In my view, Cable was at his most interesting during the Casey/Ladronn, Soldier X and Cable/Deadpool runs where he was more than just “big guns, shoulder pads and cybernetic parts.” He was indeed more of a global freedom fighter during those runs above, with kind of a messianic bent at times, and very Jedi like. I actually enjoyed that take a lot, and miss some of those developments (like the Psimitar). At the same time, the New Mutants book seems a little directionless to me and kind of floundering around looking for purpose. So, to that end, I propose combining his current solo title and the NM book into...

Cable and the New Mutants

- Kid Cable’s return to his future timeline has allowed Hope and the rest of The Five to give Nathan a new lease on life. Resurrecting her father in his prime, around 40 years of age, and without the techno-organic virus that has afflicted him all of his life; Hope has given him a life free of much of the baggage that he has carried in previous incarnations. Because his omega level mutant powers present a danger to him, burning him out and/or driving him mad (e.g., Stryfe), The Five have reduced them to a lower level. Still possessing lower level psychic and telekinetic abilities, Cable channels his powers through his weaponry (his sword and psimitar), and also uses a wide variety of other tools, technologies and weapons as the mission requires.

- At the same time, many of Cable’s former students have become leaders in their own right, but they currently find themselves adrift and without purpose. And many of the younger mutants, Generation X and New X-men characters, are also in need of mentorship and training. They all feel that while their Krakoan nation-state keeps them safe from the world, it isolates them and thereby makes life harder for mutants attempting to live in the broader global society. So they become an activist mutant rights outfit, inserting themselves into matters of injustice wherever they see it. This path leads them to some pretty insane situations, and puts Cable at odds with Krakoa who sees him as putting his young charges in danger constantly; while he sees it as carving a place out in the broader world for them, rather than hiding on an island and building an increasingly isolated future for mutants. Calling themselves the NMLF, New Mutant Liberation Front, some of the general public views them as freedom fighters, whereas the governments around the world see them as terrorists.

- The first arc picks up on the dangling plot thread of X-23/Wolverine, Darwin and Synch who went into the home of the Children of the Vault; and it reveals Cable’s secret history with the Children and how he is directly responsible for their creation, as well as the World facility which created Fantomex, the Cuckoos, and Ultimaton. It brings Nathan and his team into direct conflict with not only the CoV, but the forces of Orchis as well. Along the way they encounter the new Dark Riders, and some other new mutant threats to the new world order created by the Dawn of X.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-14-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    New Mutants could have been something like that.
    I hate the book title "New Mutants". It only works because of nostalgia. It's fairly nonsensical divorced from that and the original team.

Since we’re co-opting the names of villain teams (Marauders, Hellions) why not change it to The [New] Mutant Liberation Front? With a restored OG Cable (in his prime) leading it, as I described above, it could work.

Okay, I really just want my Cable back. But I think it could work.

Iunno, I'm loving everything coming out of Dawn of X that i don't know what role needs to be filled for a new title. Maybe something with some humans, not that i think that we need a human-centric book but just for X-fans that are upset about the x-men no longer prioritizing human civility over mutant lives. I do like the idea of a Quiet Council book, maybe a maxi-series where we'd get to more directly flesh out the Krakoan culture, how it's regions are divvied up, the political maneuvering of Krakoa's leaders, etcetera. Personally I would love a straight-up Storm book with Gentle, and maybe Oyo too, in her supporting cast.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-16-2020 at 08:53 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Iceman and Christian Frost. Or just Iceman.

I want it. I NEED it.

BANNED

Legion
    Writer: Mike Carey
    Artist: Rod Reis
    Covers: Mike Del Mundo

Supporting Cast: Charles Xavier, Amelia Voght, Madison Jeffries, Cecilia Reyes & Typhoid Mary

The Acolytes
    Writer: Marjorie Liu
    Artist: Oliver Coipel
    Covers: Nick Robles

Cast: Nightcrawler, Exodus, Unuscione, Sunfire, Banshee, Tempo, Nature Girl
    Supporting Cast: Abyss, Trance, Indra

Generation X
    Writers: David Walker & N.K. Jemisin
    Artist: Afua Richardson
    Covers: Chris Bachalo

Cast: Penance (Monet), Synch, Husk, Blink, Wolverine (Laura), Hellion, Rockslide & Mercury
    Supporting Cast: Skin, Icarus, Aero, Tag, Wind Dancer, Honey Badger

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Legion
    Writer: Mike Carey
    Artist: Rod Reis
    Covers: Mike Del Mundo

Supporting Cast: Charles Xavier, Amelia Voght, Madison Jeffries, Cecilia Reyes & Typhoid Mary

The Acolytes
    Writer: Marjorie Liu
    Artist: Oliver Coipel
    Covers: Nick Robles

Cast: Nightcrawler, Exodus, Unuscione, Sunfire, Banshee, Tempo, Nature Girl
    Supporting Cast: Abyss, Trance, Indra

Generation X
    Writers: David Walker & N.K. Jemisin
    Artist: Afua Richardson
    Covers: Chris Bachalo

Cast: Penance (Monet), Synch, Husk, Blink, Wolverine (Laura), Hellion, Rockslide & Mercury
    Supporting Cast: Skin, Icarus, Aero, Tag, Wind Dancer, Honey Badger
    How did you pick the new members on your Generation X idea?

XSE or X-Terminators
    It basically follows Bishop's status quo of tracking and stopping extinction level threats from Soule's Astonishing X-Men. It just becomes more focused on mutant extinction levels threats (Mother Mold/Nimrod/etc.) and gets some play with the Moira/Destiny stuff.

Team:
    Bishop
    Frenzy
    Bedlam
    Penance
    Blink
    Tempo
    Shola Inkose

I really only want two things these days:

1) more of Synch, Darwin, and Laura together
    2) an important (and well-written) return for Legion

So, how about a roster of the following:

Legion
    Synch
    Laura
    Darwin
    Spiral
    Threnody

-Pav, who won't give up on a proper follow-up to Spurrier's Legion story...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I had a thought about how characters with similar powers are usually never on the same team, and how it’d be interesting to see these characters interact. I retooled the story from the original pitch to account for the new status quo

EXILED
    Writer: Brian K. Vaughn
    Artist: Jamal Campbell
    The Krakoan gates malfunction, trapping 7 teleporting mutants in a barren grey in-between space. Their individual abilities to move through time and space no longer work, there is no discernible way out, and they are being stalked by something that sounds hungry. With the help of their new friend WIDGET, this ragtag team have to rely on their wits, weapons, and in some cases, push their powers in new and unexpected directions. Will SPIRAL, SILHOUETTE, NIGHTCRAWLER**, MANIFOLD***, MAGIK****, BLINK, & SHATTERSTAR survive long enough to find out who brought them to this non-place? How will they find their way back to earth? And how does any of this relate to the true nature of the Krakoa’s gates?
    Teleporters - Color - Small.jpg
    *But wait, one of these characters isn’t a mutant. That’s suspicious…
    ** Kurt was grabbed while he was headed to the gym. Also I based his look off actor Avan Jogia. Because I can.
    *** I want Eden Fesi and Silhouette in an X-book, like yesterday
    **** Illyana is cut off from her connection to Limbo, so she’s reverted to her demonic form from the Quest for Magik arc in New X-Men

I’m thinking a six issue miniseries that would mostly function as a mind bending, sci-fi character study, but also gives some perspective on a few mutants that haven’t been drinking the Krakoan Kool-aid.

I’m also loving these other pitches

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Moira X
    The lives and times of Moira Kinross: The Road to Krakoa
    Writer: HiX-Man
    Artists: Pepe Larraz and RB Silva
    Colours: Marte Gracia

This is all I want. All I need. Now.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-17-2020 at 07:47 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This thread showed up at the right time. This was not my idea. Someone else chose the team and i wish i could remember who but i was truly captivated by the team. Couldn't find the original thread.

xmenguild.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/