Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Bill & Ted Face the Music Teaser (bill and ted 3)

A visitor from the future tells best friends Bill and Ted that one of their songs can save life as we know it and bring harmony to the universe. But decades on, the duo has yet to actually write the song, much to the disappointment of the rocking utopian future that was counting on them. So the duo concocts the idea to time-travel to the future and simply steal the song from their future selves in what promises to be a final excellent adventure for the franchise.

Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter reprise their roles as the title characters and William Sadler reprises his role as the Grim Reaper

I'm there...whenever it comes out.

HOWEVER...I hope this means they'll have a re-release blu-ray set of the first two movies complete with loads of extras, specials, documentaries, the works. They had one like that for a split second ages ago and poof immediately out of print.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm there...whenever it comes out.

HOWEVER...I hope this means they'll have a re-release blu-ray set of the first two movies complete with loads of extras, specials, documentaries, the works. They had one like that for a split second ages ago and poof immediately out of print.
    My thoughts, and my thoughts exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    My thoughts, and my thoughts exactly!
    We shall all be excellent together- from six feet apart. And I second or third or fourth the hope that it includes a trilogy release with tons of extras.
    Power with Girl is better.

So I'm guessing Rufus left these guys some future non-aging ointment or something.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So I'm guessing Rufus left these guys some future non-aging ointment or something.
    No, they look old enough to me. Part of the joke is that they're middle-aged but still behaving just as they did when they were teenagers.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    No, they look old enough to me. Part of the joke is that they're middle-aged but still behaving just as they did when they were teenagers.
    Yeah that’s the point of it.
    That and the fact they still haven’t gotten around to doing that one very important thing they need to do in order to secure the timeline...

BANNED

did anyone notice that it was them in the prison? must be their future versions

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    did anyone notice that it was them in the prison? must be their future versions
    Yeah that was the joke. How their future selves were ridiculously jacked.

Ultimate Member

I'm left to wonder how many kids they have, at the end of the second movie they each had a son that they named after the other, little Bill and little Ted, and now their daughters are going to help them, so Bill and Ted each have at least two kids, unless they just change the sons into the daughters and go with that instead...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm left to wonder how many kids they have, at the end of the second movie they each had a son that they named after the other, little Bill and little Ted, and now their daughters are going to help them, so Bill and Ted each have at least two kids, unless they just change the sons into the daughters and go with that instead...
    About that...time appears to have changed, or is changing, because they STILL haven't written that world-uniting song. My guess is that the movie will try to balance cerebral thinking (time travel = casual loops, grandfather paradoxes, alternate timelines, cause and effect, etc etc etc) and...being a stoner comedy. As such the kids might be the first clue "wait, we screwed up time somehow."

I think they just changed the sons into daughters. That's why their names are still essentially Ted (Thea) and Bill (Billie).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    About that...time appears to have changed, or is changing, because they STILL haven't written that world-uniting song. My guess is that the movie will try to balance cerebral thinking (time travel = casual loops, grandfather paradoxes, alternate timelines, cause and effect, etc etc etc) and...being a stoner comedy. As such the kids might be the first clue "wait, we screwed up time somehow."
    It's an interesting concept although alternate timelines seems to be something the first two Bill & Teds didn't really deal with, apart from meeting themselves or leaving things/advice for themselves. That was kind of a more Back to the Future kind of thing (or even Doctor Who in some cases). If anything I think their time travel was a more "fixed point in time" kind of concept.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

At the end of the second movie they won because of how the future turned out before they ever got the idea to go back and set it all up remember so I'm not sure that they'd change their sons into daughters, perhaps more the sons have already grown up and moved away and something along those lines...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's an interesting concept although alternate timelines seems to be something the first two Bill & Teds didn't really deal with,
    I'm not sure what that means. The originals didn't tackle it so the sequel can't? Aren't sequels supposed to offer something different than what came before? I imagine if there's a part 4 it'll offer something different too.

Muscle bound / prison bound Bill & Ted is a clue to this. Unless you think that's their actual future and not an alternate timeline?

The air guitar with Death, slow down the clip and notice the apocalypse happening in the background. Not an alternate timeline either?

I mentioned other tropes of time travel because them still trying to take shortcuts instead of sitting and down and just writing the song is probably what make the problems in time happen in the first place.

Chris Matheson talking about this way back in 2018. Cued up but if not, at the 1 minute 20 second mark.

The future literally came knocking at their door (you didn't watch it did you? Matheson said that) from the looks of the beginning of the trailer.

*shrugs* I think I explained myself well. What I think is happening in the movie based on the trailer and interviews by the creators (Matheson and Solomon) and Reeves himself. You don't. The end I guess. We'll find out whenever this baby comes.