Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Mini Martial Arts Tournament Final Round.

This is a martial arts tournament.

Physical stats are equalized, the name of the game here is skill land technique.

The battles all take place in the Budokai arena from Dragonball.

Victory can come via Knock-out, pinfall, surrender, or ring-out. Killing is not permitted.

Final Bout: Kenshiro vs Jin Mo-Ri

Additionally, we have three matches remaining in the Loser's bracket.

Match One: Po vs Val Arnorr

Match Two: Samurai Jack vs Master Roshi

Match 3: Chang Koehan vs Shio Sakaki

Final-Kenny takes it.

Match 1- Po sends Val to the Spirit World (not dead, just stuck with a very zen turtle).
    Match 2- Roshi. Jack is at a very bad disadvantage, especially at range, with the old guy. But even at close range, Roshi is the better hand-to-hand fighter (non-lethal) than Jack.
    Match 3- Sakaki takes it, as Chang's only advantage is negated by all physical stats being equal, whereas Sakaki is a master of all forms of Karate and numerous skills that comes from that, along with living with and learning from the other masters.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I will get into this probably tommorow or Friday. It's a great match up worthy of the finals

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Final-Kenny takes it.

Match 1- Po sends Val to the Spirit World (not dead, just stuck with a very zen turtle).
    Match 2- Roshi. Jack is at a very bad disadvantage, especially at range, with the old guy. But even at close range, Roshi is the better hand-to-hand fighter (non-lethal) than Jack.
    Match 3- Sakaki takes it, as Chang's only advantage is negated by all physical stats being equal, whereas Sakaki is a master of all forms of Karate and numerous skills that comes from that, along with living with and learning from the other masters.
    1. I don't think it's a given that Po can land the Wuxi fingerhold on Val
    2. Jack's no slouch in hand to hand. In fact, if things descend into pure fisticuffs Roshi would be at a disadvantage since the Turtle Style is built around having better stats than the opponent. And his sword and absorb and redirect energy
    3. Does Sakaki have a way around Chang's weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1. I don't think it's a given that Po can land the Wuxi fingerhold on Val
    2. Jack's no slouch in hand to hand. In fact, if things descend into pure fisticuffs Roshi would be at a disadvantage since the Turtle Style is built around having better stats than the opponent. And his sword and absorb and redirect energy
    3. Does Sakaki have a way around Chang's weapon?
    Honestly, finding a talking Panda, that ALSO practices Kung Fu would be something to make Val pause for a second (as it would most other fighters save Roshi, whose world has anthropomorphic beings).

While the basis of Turtle Style is to build massive physical stats, Roshi has been doing his thing for about 300 years. The guy is skilled, and has quite a few tricks up his sleeve. Even with Jack's 50+ years of traveling through time, Roshi is still more experienced. And not sure how effective Jack's sword would be on Roshi, considering even in early Dragon Ball, bullets only stung him. What's more, he's fought and beaten people on par with him several times throughout the series. Kid Goku (if not for the Full Moon, the match would have been more decisive in Roshi's victory), numerous Freeza grunts, and of course several opponents in the Tournament of Power itself. In fact, Roshi's won a lot of fights when he was at a physical disadvantage.

Can Chang hit Sakaki with it? Let alone, not leave himself open for counter attacks?

Extraordinary Member

Does Jin have anything that can counter Kenny?

Does Jin have anything that can counter Kenny?
    I did some research on my side, while he has stuff that would protect him for a while, he does not seem to have a counter against Musou Tensei. Kenshiro would like to add that "Hokuto Shinken is invincible". (This particular vote may change depending on someone answering my point about Musou Tensei)

As for the other matches, I'd say Roshi's esoterics give him this one, while Chang does not look that skilled compared to Sakaki.

EDIT: Po vs Val: Hard to say, I'd lean towards Val, fighting Kryptonians while having no superpowers (and not being the Goddamn Batman, and as such, not having the Goddamn Bat-Plot Armor) is no small feat, but I could buy Po's fingerhold giving him the win.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 06-14-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Kenshiro versus Jin Mori is hard to figure out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    I did some research on my side, while he has stuff that would protect him for a while, he does not seem to have a counter against Musou Tensei. Kenshiro would like to add that "Hokuto Shinken is invincible". (This particular vote may change depending on someone answering my point about Musou Tensei)

As for the other matches, I'd say Roshi's esoterics give him this one, while Chang does not look that skilled compared to Sakaki.
    How about Po vs Val?

How about Po vs Val?
    Right, I'll add my vote on that one in my previous post, to keep everything together

Final Bout: Kenshiro vs Jin Mo-Ri
    *deep sigh*

This is going to require some severe legwork for me to figure out.

Musou Tensei is a must from the get-go. Between Yeoui and his clones, Mori can make things incredibly difficult for Ken pretty much instantly so going intangible is his best bet. Equally, Mori does have a lot of pressure point based skill to draw upon so he might be able to offset the effects of Ken's pressure point attacks. Ken is going to want to use the phase fist but Mori can just keep harrassing him with clones and playing keepaway until Ken drops Musou Tensei.

Now, how long he can keep it going isn't really known. The times in the series when he's used it in the series in combat - versus Raoh and Kaioh - both of them had their own counters so Kenshiro ended up not relying on it. Raoh mastered the same technique and the two of them tore each other apart by phasing through their respective phased forms. Kaioh could manipulate the fabric of space to disrupt the technique but Kenshiro managed to counter that so Kaioh stopped trying and then Ken similarly stopped using Musou Tensei out of... fairness???

I just spooled through their final battle and Kaioh does use Anryu Tenha [space warping technique] on Kenshiro in that fight but Ken just doesn't bother to use his refined Musou Tensei to counter and eats the hits anyway because Kaioh's original Hokuto style pressure points just don't work on him because "Hokuto Shinken's strength lies in it's infinite variations, it is the fist of the battlefield,"

So... what does this all mean?

Basically, Mori has to play keepaway and hope that Ken drops Musou Tensei for some reason so he can hit him. Kenshiro has ridiculous stamina so he can probably keep it up a real long time.

I'm voting for my own boy here. Kenshiro.

Additionally, we have three matches remaining in the Loser's bracket.

Match One: Po vs Val Arnorr
    Val is more experienced and has a higher ceiling of skill to him. Po has his natural durability and some pretty impressive esoteric abilities under his belt.

I'd be inclined to give it Val. Po is good but Val is just better.

Match Two: Samurai Jack vs Master Roshi
    Roshi has beams, Jack has no beams. Range advantage right there. Roshi has more esoteric stuff in his wheelhouse like his electrograb thing and the Mafuba. If Jack could close distance then he could maybe take it but I'm not seeing Roshi giving him the opportunity to do that.

Match 3: Chang Koehan vs Shio Sakaki
    Sakaki squashes Chang. Way more skilled, extremely experienced at fighting weapon users bare handed and actually has techniques beyond "swing ball,"

Does Val get his flight ring here? It is standard equipment. If so, using his vastly superior reaction speed with the flight ring, he can blitz Po. Heck, that should work on Roshi as well.

EDIT: Just realized that speed is equalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Does Val get his flight ring here? It is standard equipment. If so, using his vastly superior reaction speed with the flight ring, he can blitz Po. Heck, that should work on Roshi as well.

EDIT: Just realized that speed is equalized.
    Yeah, if stats hadn't been equalised, we'd be looking at a very different bracket haha.

Extraordinary Member

regarding Roshi vs Jack, Jack's sword does have a counter to beam attacks.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Sorry, been busy with work and going to protests all weekend to get to all the matches. I will write something later today for sure.