Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Being as durable as Yeoui doesn't mean Ken gains the mass and weight of Yeoui and that he is either on the ground when he blocks it(making him go through the ring for ring out via him touching the actual ground).

Or he somehow with speed equalized gets past both clones and jumped with Jin while simultaneously knowing how high Jin was going to grow Yeoui and instantly counter Jins moves as soon as he thinks of doing them in mid air with enough force to counter the Staff which Jin controls how heavy and large it can be with a thought command and at a disadvantage of being in mid air and below his opponent the whole time.

That is alot of pre-cog and instantaneous move reading to do while fighting someone with equal stats and skills imo.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Being as durable as Yeoui doesn't mean Ken gains the mass and weight of Yeoui and that he is either on the ground when he blocks it(making him go through the ring for ring out via him touching the actual ground).
    In the first match Jcogg stated that using Yeoui's shape changing ability would grant the opponent equal stats for it. Ken should just be able to blast it away.

Or he somehow with speed equalized gets past both clones and jumped with Jin while simultaneously knowing how high Jin was going to grow Yeoui and instantly counter Jins moves as soon as he thinks of doing them in mid air with enough force to counter the Staff which Jin controls how heavy and large it can be with a thought command and at a disadvantage of being in mid air and below his opponent the whole time.

That is alot of pre-cog and instantaneous move reading to do while fighting someone with equal stats and skills imo.
    For the third time, the clones by design are not as strong as Mori so they are not as strong or as fast as Kenshiro who is equal to Mori.

For the third time, Kenshiro will go intangible from the off which means the clones literally cannot stop him or even slow him down. He doesn't even need to kill them because he can just target Mori himself.

If Mori is choosing to summon clones with his opening action, then Ken is going to close distance and bop him. The ring in the budokai is not huge and they do not start far away from each other.

Hell, if Mori summons a bunch of clones with his opening action, Ken could just fire a blast and send them all off the ring with his opening action.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    In the first match Jcogg stated that using Yeoui's shape changing ability would grant the opponent equal stats for it. Ken should just be able to blast it away.

For the third time, the clones by design are not as strong as Mori so they are not as strong or as fast as Kenshiro who is equal to Mori.

For the third time, Kenshiro will go intangible from the off which means the clones literally cannot stop him or even slow him down. He doesn't even need to kill them because he can just target Mori himself.

If Mori is choosing to summon clones with his opening action, then Ken is going to close distance and bop him. The ring in the budokai is not huge and they do not start far away from each other.

Hell, if Mori summons a bunch of clones with his opening action, Ken could just fire a blast and send them all off the ring with his opening action.
    I never said the clones were as strong as Ken and they were never meant to beat him, just get him to show his moves and block his sight.

Also being 20% faster or stronger than somebody doesn't mean you can take it easy or treat them like trash as someone who can lift 80lbs can still Knockout someone who can lift 100lbs. P!us Ken being intangible doesn't mean he can see through the clonexor even know that the fighter that stayed behind is the actual main body and not one that rushed him.

If Ken goes intangible from the start then Jin would know it because the clones can't hit him or he would go through them and with equal speed Jin can move away from Ken as fast as he approaches him and do his Staff move.

Also it doesn't take much effort to spit out a clone or two(I never used more than 2 or 3 in any match so far with Jin) so Ken won't close that much of a distance. The ring isn't that small to get out of touching range.

I never said the clones were as strong as Ken and they were never meant to beat him, just get him to show his moves and block his sight.
    Okay, this ^

Is contradicted by this.

Also it doesn't take much effort to spit out a clone or two(I never used more than 2 or 3 in any match so far with Jin) so Ken won't close that much of a distance. The ring isn't that small to get out of touching range.
    If it's only 2 - 3 clones, how are they blocking Ken's view? If they are, slower and weaker than him and Ken is allowed to just instagib them on contact, how is that an obstacle? If Ken is intangible and moving forward using his movement enhancement technique, how is Mori "reacting to what Ken does /and/ doing the staff strategy /and/ running away to maintain distance,"

Also being 20% faster or stronger than somebody doesn't mean you can take it easy or treat them like trash as someone who can lift 80lbs can still Knockout someone who can lift 100lbs.
    When the 100lb person is intangible and kill the 80lb person by touching them that 20% speed difference is quite important because it means Ken will have a way easier time landing a touch on them and thus killing them.

P!us Ken being intangible doesn't mean he can see through the clonexor even know that the fighter that stayed behind is the actual main body and not one that rushed him.
    As noted, you seem to be talking about 2 - 3 clones and the clones appear in front of Mori. Are you suggesting some kind of pre-run-in shuffle to sow confusion because that's another action you are proposing him take rather than immediately going for the staff.

If Ken goes intangible from the start then Jin would know it because the clones can't hit him or he would go through them and with equal speed Jin can move away from Ken as fast as he approaches him and do his Staff move.
    Or Ken can phase through the clones and shoot him with a beam while he's moving forward. A strategy I already laid out.

Ken doesn't have to close range, it's just quicker and easier if he does.

Extraordinary Member

11 hours remain in the voting period.

Almost forgot to vote

Final Match: Jin Mori vs Kenshiro
    I think Jin can pull of the ring out victory.

Match One: Po vs Val Arnorr
    --The first thing I thought about here was when the more powerful Tai Lung was hitting Po and his blows would just bounce or slide off him leaving him bewildered. I think Po and his unique body type combined with his counters and esoteric moves and his final "scadoosh"AOE may actually give him an edge over super karate here with equal stats coming into play.

Match Two: Samurai Jack vs Master Roshi
    _I think Roshi and his AOE blasts are to much for Jack even with his magic sword, and even up close Roshi has sparred with experts across decades from humans to demons to aliens so whatever Jack can throw at him he has send better.

Match 3: Chang Koehan vs Shio Sakaki
    - Shio finally gets his win as his opponent is perfect for him and his style of fighting that would outclass Chang and show him true Martial arts in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Final-Kenny takes it.

Match 1- Po sends Val to the Spirit World (not dead, just stuck with a very zen turtle).
    Match 2- Roshi. Jack is at a very bad disadvantage, especially at range, with the old guy. But even at close range, Roshi is the better hand-to-hand fighter (non-lethal) than Jack.
    Match 3- Sakaki takes it, as Chang's only advantage is negated by all physical stats being equal, whereas Sakaki is a master of all forms of Karate and numerous skills that comes from that, along with living with and learning from the other masters.
    Just reposting this to be on the safe side with my votes.

Match One: Po vs Val Arnorr
    --The first thing I thought about here was when the more powerful Tai Lung was hitting Po and his blows would just bounce or slide off him leaving him bewildered. I think Po and his unique body type combined with his counters and esoteric moves and his final "scadoosh"AOE may actually give him an edge over super karate here with equal stats coming into play.
    If we're using Pre Crisis Val, he strikes MUCH much harder than Tai Lung. And Po has no feats to survive those type of hits.

Extraordinary Member

Final Results

1st place: Kenshiro
    2nd place: Jin Mo-Ri
    3rd place: Master roshi
    4th place: Samurai Jack
    5th/6th place: Po/Val Arnorr (They tied, if you can believe it.)
    7th place: Shio Sakaki
    8th place: Chang Koehan

Hokuto Shinken has no equal. You are already dead!

Great Tournament, it was fun and made it till the end. You can't ask for anything more than that.

Extraordinary Member

Thanks.

I'll try to think up another gimmick for a turny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Thanks.

I'll try to think up another gimmick for a turny like this.
    Depending on what you come up with, I already have a fighter in mind. And not Roshi this time around.