Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Congratulations to PaulBullion, and thanks to foxley for the vote!

I'm a little surprised we didn't get to see Minna Sundberg (A Redtail's Dream and especially Stand Still Stay Silent) featured here—she has a lot of fans.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Congrats to Paul.
    And I came close to winning, which would have been unfortunate, given the news from today.

Former Batgirl Co-Writer Cameron Stewart Accused of Grooming Teenage Girls
    https://www.cbr.com/cameron-stewart-...g-allegations/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Congratulations to PaulBullion for a cover which manages to bring so many factors into its simple design. Ties between the characters, emotions of the characters in poses and facial expressions, and a setting which screams adventure despite a relatively peaceful scene. Plus the author has awesome initials.

As to what the captain had learned this week in this week's peak of the week, he has been dragged kicking and screaming out of his box/comfort zone and that is a good thing. Our hobby is a truly great one (which I already knew), but if we remain only in our corner of it, we'll never realize just how big and diverse it really is. Thank you, Nschornhorst. fpor a theme which made me sweat in a good way.

But back to Paul Bullion, whose greatest feat yesterday may not have been his win, but his vote for me. Seriously, Paul, thank you. How do you like your steak cooked?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's digital exclusive so I hope this counts.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/..._galactus_2010
    I was checking out this issue when I saw this One Shot

It was like a light bulb went off, Warren....Warren... Adam Warren?!? Which brings me to this...

Empowered Webcomic version

BTW Congratulations PaulBullion and thanks WPP, Ravin' Ray, and LordMikel for the votes/Honorable mentions. Looks like I may end up adding more webcomics to my extensive reading list.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-17-2020 at 07:53 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Congratulations on the win, PaulBullion!
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Oh wow, it's been ages.

Thanks to everybody who voted for me! It really is a wonderful webcomic, check it out.

New contest coming up soon.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congrats, PaulBullion!
    Looking forward to the new contest

Yay, PaulBullion!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Once again, many congratulations to PaulBullion!

Here's some other webcomics I like:

Shortpacked! Hijinks involving a toy store and an expansion of his comic universe.

Dumbing of Age Done by the creator of Shortpacked! using his characters, but in a 'normal' alternate universe college.

Nedroid Picture Diary Quirky adventures of Reginald the bird and Beartato and friends, but doesn't update regularly.

Oglaf A *VERY* NSFW comic that's often very funny.

Thank you all for participating in this week's contest! I'll totally check out some of the webcomics you'd all listed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Once again, many congratulations to PaulBullion!

Here's some other webcomics I like:

Shortpacked! Hijinks involving a toy store and an expansion of his comic universe.

Dumbing of Age Done by the creator of Shortpacked! using his characters, but in a 'normal' alternate universe college.

Nedroid Picture Diary Quirky adventures of Reginald the bird and Beartato and friends, but doesn't update regularly.

Oglaf A *VERY* NSFW comic that's often very funny.

Thank you all for participating in this week's contest! I'll totally check out some of the webcomics you'd all listed!
    I got a little P.O.'d over Dumbing of Age. I mean, it took weeks to finally find out what happened to Mike, and the current story arc was stranger than a Quentin Tarantino movie made for the Disney Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I got a little P.O.'d over Dumbing of Age. I mean, it took weeks to finally find out what happened to Mike, and the current story arc was stranger than a Quentin Tarantino movie made for the Disney Channel.
    Ah. To be fair, I've been buying his collections through Kickstarter, so I'm only up to the current released volume. Shortpacked, I read online, but Dumbing of Age, I'm being patient on and reading the printed versions.

Ah. To be fair, I've been buying his collections through Kickstarter, so I'm only up to the current released volume. Shortpacked, I read online, but Dumbing of Age, I'm being patient on and reading the printed versions.
    BTW there isn't anything truly normal about the DoA Universe. It only looks that way on the surface.

BTW there isn't anything truly normal about the DoA Universe. It only looks that way on the surface.
    That's a fair assessment, I just meant 'normal' in comparison to Shortpacked! (Soggies may rule)

That's a fair assessment, I just meant 'normal' in comparison to Shortpacked! (Soggies may rule)
    That I will definitely agree with. Have you checked out Shortpacked's precursors Roomies, It's Walky, and Joyce and Walky?

Last edited by Tami; 06-18-2020 at 05:26 AM.

That I will definitely agree with. Have you checked out Shortpacked's precursors Roomies, It's Walky, and Joyce and Walky?

lol

I have checked out bits and pieces, but not the entirety. I did enjoy what I saw, though!